No announcement yet.

Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ICAA really isn't independent. It is simply a separate part of the Univ.

Comment

• The only thing that matters on this subject is that some people choose to make statements without having any knowledge of the facts. I certainly don't know all the facts, but I do know that the handful of major $$$ boosters I know have said they did not put up a dime towards the GM payout. In fact many are very upset with the decision made by WSU and their handling of this situation and are questioning their future involvement with fundraising. No one should be making statements that they are paying this settlement after becoming privy to the investigation. Simply not true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
        The ICAA is NOT WSU and WSU is NOT the ICAA. The ICAA is a separate corporation. There is a student fee subsidy paid to the ICAA from tuition.

When WSU entered the AAC, the ICAA borrowed $2 mill from WSU to pay the entry fee. Whenever people complain about taxpayer dollars going to pay coaches salaries, the answer is always that the ICAA is an independent body and it's expenses (with the exception of the tuition that the students have voted to go to the ICAA) are totally funded by athletic department revenues and private donations. Marshall's contract is with the ICAA, not with WSU.

With the budget cuts that came during the Borwnback era and the decline is enrollment this year, WSU's finances are strained. There was a recent article in the Eagle that WSU is considering dropping 3 majors - chemistry, history and one more that I don't remember.

If WSU is footing the bill for paying of Marshall at the same time they're dropping three majors and getting rid of some professors, then things are really messed up.
        Not history!!! My 1st degree from WSU was in history. That is so short sighted. It is way to important. Without an understanding of history is what has given us the assault on free speech, the cancel culture, all kinds of injustice and prejudice. . . . . .

Please soooooo! Let's not turn WSU in to a trade school only

Comment

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post

Not history!!! My 1st degree from WSU was in history. That is so short sighted. It is way to important. Without an understanding of history is what has given us the assault on free speech, the cancel culture, all kinds of injustice and prejudice. . . . . .

Common sense tells me that without new or at least more students, the University has to find money somewhere. From an athletic standpoint, we can always drop things like M/W T/F, M/W Golf, M/W Tennis, and Baseball and Softball. We probably aren’t there yet, but we need some good news. All the bad news athletically, because of a 5 year old incident. SMH

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
            We can review coaches who have won with the previous coaches’ kids....
            steve Fisher... pretty much worked out

struggling to think of others
            Struggling to think of others because you have a limited population of coaching transitions to draw from? Succeeding with previous staff is one of the most common dynamics in life in general and coaching in particular.

Adding to ABC 's list in an implicative way - Raveling would have made a huge run at USC if he didn't refuse to renew Gathers' and Kimble's scholarships.

For the record - I know nothing of HCIB, have never met him, and therefore assume he is a good man and wish him well. I hope the Shocks make a run and win the natty in the greatest story ever, even though it would be with HCGM players and attitude.

Btw - this probably belongs in another thread - but the barometer for this whole thing is Shaq's career. Line it up. HCGM had a track record of taking guys with exactly his size/HS record/etc and sending them on to wealth via international professional basketball. He is the outlier... and outliers don't lie. Stevenson will be the repeat.

Alright, I'm done thinking about this. Thanks for ruining my day - AGAIN - ShockerNet!

I wish you all well my friends.

Peace and Chicken Grease,

Good News

PS - WstateU I wonder what you do all day. I love it, but I still wonder!

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

I don't know if Coach Marshall lied or not and I suspect you don't either. However, since you are quoting Jesus, one of his most famous quotes is in John 8:7. "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone"
              I think it is very clear he lied. I wish he hadn't and could have worked this out. If you are still up in the air about the lies, there are plenty of rugs around. You make quite a jump to assume people don't acknowledge sin. Try this one...We all sin and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I think it is very clear he lied. I wish he hadn't and could have worked this out. If you are still up in the air about the lies, there are plenty of rugs around. You make quite a jump to assume people don't acknowledge sin. Try this one...We all sin and fall short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23).
                It's not clear to me that he did or didn't lie. Romans 3:23 also makes my point. Since you alluded that he lied so he should lose his job, who among us has not lied? Should we all lose our jobs if we lie? If so there would be no politicians employed. Do we hold college basketball coaches to a higher standard than Senators, Governors or Presidents?
                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

It's not clear to me that he did or didn't lie. Romans 3:23 also makes my point. Since you alluded that he lied so he should lose his job, who among us has not lied? Should we all lose our jobs if we lie? If so there would be no politicians employed. Do we hold college basketball coaches to a higher standard than Senators, Governors or Presidents?
                  That's a dumb question. Of course we do. You Can't hold them to any lower of a standard than senators, governors or presidents. That's a low bar

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Common sense tells me that without new or at least more students, the University has to find money somewhere. From an athletic standpoint, we can always drop things like M/W T/F, M/W Golf, M/W Tennis, and Baseball and Softball. We probably aren’t there yet, but we need some good news. All the bad news athletically, because of a bad contract. SMH
                    FIFY

Comment

• ABC is correct and I would say is an expert on this type of thing. The ICAA is to Wichita State University as the Water Utility or Airport Fund is to the City of Wichita.
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• John Calipari may come available. Big Blue Nation ain't happy right now. A guy like Calipari doesn't come around every day. Just throwing the possibility out there.
                        e0cf0b6ac667608be697d3434d8c0bbc_crop_exact.jpg
                        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I don't think that's crazy, but I don't wanna get into that constant, one and done, rinse repeat, thing

Comment

• I would take HCJC in a heartbeat.

Bring on the one-and-dones.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                              We can review coaches who have won with the previous coaches’ kids....
                              steve Fisher... pretty much worked out

struggling to think of others
                              Fogler did it a few times, but it would only last a year before his teams started the downhill slide.

Comment

• Originally posted by atlwsu View Post

Sad, I think universities across the country are doing their best to makes America the villains of the world anyway. So what is best cancel history or rewrite it? I believe those are the options these days. We will be able to discuss it further while standing in the bread and toilet paper line of our government owned and run grocery stores soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X