Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

One of your best examples - thanks for demonstrating again the clueless bully you are. ROFLMAO!
    That’s your response?

Owned.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I am lost at this hard on for Richey that he has? There are no other true shocker fans that want Bob other than 76.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
        I am lost at this hard on for Richey that he has? There are no other true shocker fans that want Bob other than 76.
        It's just plain weird.

Comment

• I'd be happy with Jans, but sans that, I'd take somebody LIKE Richey

Comment

• Richey > Prohm

If Jans isn’t offered the job that is a fireable offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

It's just plain weird.
              I’m thinking there may be non-plutonic stuff going on.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

One of your best examples - thanks for demonstrating again the clueless bully you are. ROFLMAO!
                76 is there anything we can do to get you to go away?

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                  At the least I would hope they reach out to Jans. He would be my #1 choice if he was interested.
                  Offer him an incentive structured contract with handsome rewards for various levels of achievement.
                  Assuming that Coach Brown does not actually take names and kick butts to render this discussion moot, Jans might be the most likely to hang on to Coach Brown and Coach Guidino which helps with the continuity and perhaps retaining players. I can't imagine Chris would not be interested. The question is will the WSU athletic department be interested in going this route.

Comment

• Richey is 73-26 (74% winning) overall at a low D1 school. Jans is 104-29 (78% winning) at mid level D1 schools.

Richey has 0 ncaa appearances and 1 nit appearance. No conference regular season or tournament titles.

Jans has two ncaa appearances, 3 WAC regular season and 2 conference tournament titles.

Why are we even having this discussion?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Assuming that Coach Brown does not actually take names and kick butts to render this discussion moot, Jans might be the most likely to hang on to Coach Brown and Coach Guidino which helps with the continuity and perhaps retaining players. I can't imagine Chris would not be interested. The question is will the WSU athletic department be interested in going this route.
                      Darron must go
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

76 is there anything we can do to get you to go away?
                        I went away for most of the summer but the morons on this board failed to educate themselves and when I returned they began again to post the same baseless drivel regards Bob Richey.

Please recall I did not call for Marshall to be forced out; I just wanted him to retire at age 60 as he publicly stated he would. Given that scenario if ADDB was not complicit regards Marshall or he was simply qualified to run a D1 athletic department WSU would have avoided the embarrassment of the past few months. IMO Marshall and Boatright appear to deserve one another.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                          Richey is 73-26 (74% winning) overall at a low D1 school. Jans is 104-29 (78% winning) at mid level D1 schools.

Richey has 0 ncaa appearances and 1 nit appearance. No conference regular season or tournament titles.

Jans has two ncaa appearances, 3 WAC regular season and 2 conference tournament titles.

Why are we even having this discussion?
                          Ky explained this for you; apparently you could not find his article to read - here is a cut and paste for you but be forewarned it is several paragraphs long and will require an intelligent, objective mind to understand what Ky has written. I have bolded the especially relevant words for you to read and comprehend.

"With an abrupt end to the 2019-20 season came an ample amount of time, time I chose to use to undertake the ambitious process of ranking every Division I coach in America. This list will no doubt ruffle some feathers, but please note (if you read this introductory section) this process was almost entirely objective in nature. Were I to do this ranking purely off my own gut feelings, this list would look totally different. But in the spirit of fairness, I wanted to make this a results-based ranking - not just results like “NCAA Tournament bids” or “Final Four appearances”, as those opportunities skew heavily towards the Power 6 leagues, but relative results based on program history and preseason expectations.

Most of those who click this article will not read the introduction, or any of the ranking justifications themselves. Before reacting rashly and bombarding us with "crying laughing" emojis, I urge you to read the criteria below, and understand that the list was assembled in an almost completely objective, statistical manner. Of course, most of the people who need to read this section won't do so...

Criteria

General Notes

KenPom data was used for all performance scores. Data in KenPom goes back to the 2002 season, meaning any coaching performance from prior to 19 years ago was not considered in this ranking. For example, Coach K’s 1991 and 1992 national titles were not considered in this ranking.

KenPom tracks preseason rankings back to the 2012 season. For example, this means Steve Alford’s performance relative to preseason expectations at Iowa in 2006 was not considered in this ranking.

Ties were broken more or less subjectively, but most weight was given towards relative performance metrics.

Relative Performance (57% of total score)

Relative performance is made up of two attributes. The first is a coach’s performance relative to his school’s average performance. Average school performance was derived by taking the average ending (pre-Tourney) Adj. EM from 2002 to 2020, per KenPom. A coach’s average ending (pre-Tourney) Adj. EM at a particular school was measured against his school’s average Adj. EM.

The second attribute is a coach’s performance relative to preseason expectations. This is simply the difference between a coach’s beginning Adj. EM per KenPom and ending Adj. EM (from 2012 to 2020).

Note, in order to limit skewed results, special consideration was made for coaches who have been head coaching for only 1-2 years and coaches who have been at a program for 15+ years.
                          Raw Performance (34% of total score)

Raw performance takes into account the following: 1) KenPom top 100 finishes, 2) KenPom top 50 finishes, 3) KenPom top 10 finishes, 4) Tournament appearances, 5) Sweet Sixteens & Elite Eights, 6) Final Four appearances, and 7) National Championships.

Raw performance is an average. As such, special consideration was made for coaches who have been head coaching for only 1-2 years and coaches who have been at a program for 15+ years.
                          Job Moves (9% of total score)

Job moves takes into account promotions, demotions, and longevity. Promotions are reflected as additional points to a coach’s score. Demotions take away from a coach’s score. Bonuses were given to coaches who have been at their current programs for 10+ years."

Comment

I went away for most of the summer but the morons on this board failed to educate themselves and when I returned they began again to post the same baseless drivel regards Bob Richey.

Please recall I did not call for Marshall to be forced out; I just wanted him to retire at age 60 as he publicly stated he would. Given that scenario if ADDB was not complicit regards Marshall or he was simply qualified to run a D1 athletic department WSU would have avoided the embarrassment of the past few months. IMO Marshall and Boatright appear to deserve one another.
                            You deserve Furman. I suspect they aren't interested. If I give you $25 for a season pass there, will you go away?

Comment

• Of course, we have to see how Coach Brown handles his interim duties, but hypothetiically, since this really won't be the case, but assuming Coach Brown performs reasonable well and the decision came down to retaining Coach Brown or replacing him with Bob Richey which way would you prefer to go?

I would probably be in favor of giving Coach Brown the opportunity to continue.

Comment

• It's really tough to judge a coach by this season, but I would say an NCAA berth and an AAC championship or top 2 or 3 finish puts IB in good shape for the gig over all but a few other candidates. My choices that go above him are Jans, Matta, Beilien (just putting those guys in because others have. No idea if it is a pipe dream or not) and Matt McMahon. These guys are all no brainers, I think. And I don't think IB could feel **** on if they got brought in. Because I think if it isn't IB, it needs to be pretty clear case of why he got passed over. If it is between IB and AG, it would be tough. AG is just so damn intriguing that I am not sure I dont want him above all the rest. It may not be the smartest choice, but there's just something that makes me like it.
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X