Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

Because I choose to defend a potential replacement for Marshall from mindless, uninformed posters on Shockernet you think that is an obsession. After you inform yourself on the Peter Principle come back to me and I will help you understand the difference between defending an individual from mindless, indefensible attacks and a true obsession (which is what I think several posters on Shockernet may have demonstrated with their defense of Marshall).
    When everybody on here are the mindless ones, and you think you’re the only sane one here, it’s a clear indicator that you’re the actual insane one.
    Last edited by ShockerFever; November 22, 2020, 07:39 PM.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Gregg Marshall to South Carolina... Calling this way way way down the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
        Gregg Marshall to South Carolina... Calling this way way way down the line.
        gregg to furman when bob Richey gets hired by duke because all other schools are too dumb to hire him themselves.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

When everybody on here are the mindless ones, and you think you’re the only sane one here, it’s a clear indicator that you’re the actual insane one.
          Actually Fever using your term only a few of the posters on Shockernet are "mindless" (of which IMO you are clearly one) - I received the following PM in March just after you posted one of your more nonsensical ramblings -

"I agree with a lot of what you've said. That offense stinks out loud, and it appears that GGG had his hands all over it... This is the second mass exodus in 2 years. Worth observing.

As far as the board goes, I learned a long time ago that there are some passive/aggressive (and some not so passive) dummies on this board and they are better left alone (unless you feel like having a little fun).

Shocks all the way BABY!!!!"

Are you having fun? I certainly am!

Comment

Actually Fever using your term only a few of the posters on Shockernet are "mindless" (of which IMO you are clearly one) - I received the following PM in March just after you posted one of your more nonsensical ramblings -

"I agree with a lot of what you've said. That offense stinks out loud, and it appears that GGG had his hands all over it... This is the second mass exodus in 2 years. Worth observing.
            I can’t believe I continue to have to say this but it was not the second mass exodus in two years.

The first “mass exodus” was 6 seniors graduating.

Comment

As far as the board goes, I learned a long time ago that there are some passive/aggressive (and some not so passive) dummies on this board and they are better left alone (unless you feel like having a little fun).

Shocks all the way BABY!!!!"

Are you having fun? I certainly am!
              That is not a good look.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

That is not a good look.
                No, it's not. Very ban hammerish worthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I’m not sure the hammer is working very well right now with a certain banned individual continuing to post under their banned user name *cough*Kung Wu *cough*. Maybe it’s a tack hammer, or like the little pink hammer in my wife’s tool kit under the sink?

Comment

Are you going to discuss this with Boatright during your next afternoon tea?

Comment

Are you going to discuss this with Boatright during your next afternoon tea?
                      Take a break. Go for a walk. Get some air. Stop and smell the roses. The personal attacks are getting out of hand.

Comment

Ky explained this for you; apparently you could not find his article to read - here is a cut and paste for you but be forewarned it is several paragraphs long and will require an intelligent, objective mind to understand what Ky has written. I have bolded the especially relevant words for you to read and comprehend.

"With an abrupt end to the 2019-20 season came an ample amount of time, time I chose to use to undertake the ambitious process of ranking every Division I coach in America. This list will no doubt ruffle some feathers, but please note (if you read this introductory section) this process was almost entirely objective in nature. Were I to do this ranking purely off my own gut feelings, this list would look totally different. But in the spirit of fairness, I wanted to make this a results-based ranking - not just results like “NCAA Tournament bids” or “Final Four appearances”, as those opportunities skew heavily towards the Power 6 leagues, but relative results based on program history and preseason expectations.

Most of those who click this article will not read the introduction, or any of the ranking justifications themselves. Before reacting rashly and bombarding us with "crying laughing" emojis, I urge you to read the criteria below, and understand that the list was assembled in an almost completely objective, statistical manner. Of course, most of the people who need to read this section won't do so...

Criteria

General Notes

KenPom data was used for all performance scores. Data in KenPom goes back to the 2002 season, meaning any coaching performance from prior to 19 years ago was not considered in this ranking. For example, Coach K’s 1991 and 1992 national titles were not considered in this ranking.

KenPom tracks preseason rankings back to the 2012 season. For example, this means Steve Alford’s performance relative to preseason expectations at Iowa in 2006 was not considered in this ranking.

Ties were broken more or less subjectively, but most weight was given towards relative performance metrics.

Relative Performance (57% of total score)

Relative performance is made up of two attributes. The first is a coach’s performance relative to his school’s average performance. Average school performance was derived by taking the average ending (pre-Tourney) Adj. EM from 2002 to 2020, per KenPom. A coach’s average ending (pre-Tourney) Adj. EM at a particular school was measured against his school’s average Adj. EM.

The second attribute is a coach’s performance relative to preseason expectations. This is simply the difference between a coach’s beginning Adj. EM per KenPom and ending Adj. EM (from 2012 to 2020).

Note, in order to limit skewed results, special consideration was made for coaches who have been head coaching for only 1-2 years and coaches who have been at a program for 15+ years.
                        Raw Performance (34% of total score)

Raw performance takes into account the following: 1) KenPom top 100 finishes, 2) KenPom top 50 finishes, 3) KenPom top 10 finishes, 4) Tournament appearances, 5) Sweet Sixteens & Elite Eights, 6) Final Four appearances, and 7) National Championships.

Raw performance is an average. As such, special consideration was made for coaches who have been head coaching for only 1-2 years and coaches who have been at a program for 15+ years.
                        Job Moves (9% of total score)

Job moves takes into account promotions, demotions, and longevity. Promotions are reflected as additional points to a coach’s score. Demotions take away from a coach’s score. Bonuses were given to coaches who have been at their current programs for 10+ years."
                        So basically he or she is saying that they are throwing out the key indicators of success in college basketball (NCAA appearance, win %, conference titles, etc.) as those don't fit their narrative. If you can honestly look at the two records, NCAA history, and conference success and tell me Richey looks better, you are a bigger moron than I thought.

Comment

You deserve Furman. I suspect they aren't interested. If I give you $25 for a season pass there, will you go away?

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Take a break. Go for a walk. Get some air. Stop and smell the roses. The personal attacks are getting out of hand.
                            You should take your own advice.

Edit - To indicate that WuDrWu is the poster issuing personal attacks, I am simply identifying his claim to have afternoon meetings with Boatright where he offers advice that Boatright follows.
                            Last edited by Shocker1976; November 23, 2020, 12:46 PM.

Comment

• I'm happy to see (probably old to everyone else) the news of Billy Gillespie joining the staff. I think this is a good move - kind of like when Chris Jahns was brought in.

It makes me optimistic about our chances this year.

Comment

You should take your own advice.
                                Brother, I live in paradise.

Comment

Working...
                                X