Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

A good idea; some of us posters may have already sent that email.

ibrown@goshockers.com
    I'm sure he appreciated you thanking him for keeping the Head Coaching seat warm for Bob Richey.

Comment

• What if Richey actually applied and was hired???

Comment

• I just hope WSU doesn't go the route of Nebraska football. They hired Mr. Smiley because Bo Pelini hurt the AD's feelings a few times. WSU needs to hire a good coach, not just a nice guy.

I further hope that if IB is worthy he's given a real chance at the permanent job, and conversely, that they don't just hand it to him ala Mike Cohen.,
        "Long wave the Yellow and the Black..."

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          What if Richey actually applied and was hired???
          It means our first 12 candidates turned us down.

Tbh though, he wouldn't be the worst candidate. I'd take him over say Manning. I just don't think he's anywhere near our best candidate.

Comment

• Jans

Comment

• At the least I would hope they reach out to Jans. He would be my #1 choice if he was interested.
              Offer him an incentive structured contract with handsome rewards for various levels of achievement.

Comment

• Jans has to be 1a, b and c with AG a distant 2 for me.

Comment

• Why do anything but Jans? Proven!

Comment

• Rick Pitino in a heart beat... And I'm dead serious. Then Belien, Matta and would love Jans as well.

Comment

• Pitino is almost 70

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post

You are confusing BYU with Utah; Dec 22 1990 Utah beat the Shockers 95-48 in the Huntsman Center. The next season (Cohen's last as HC) the Shockers lost to Utah 58-36 in Henry Levitt. Cohen never coached the Shockers against BYU.
                        Fair enough, I conflated the two. I thought I remembered Michael Smith specifically. Perhaps I turned off the television when we got down 30 in the first half and suffered brain trauma.

36 points. Good lord. The spread of the 80s was amazing - I remember going to games in the early/mid 80s and watching shootouts with Hersey Hawkins and other hangin a hunnerd, and then the jarring Fogler/Cohen years where first one to 50 won.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

My recollection was that one or both of Mark Hutton and Cortez Barnes were committed to play but both were Prop 48 and played Juco then moved on.
                          Barnes followed Fogler to South Carolina if memory serves. Hutton was Auburn I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Good News View Post

Barnes followed Fogler to South Carolina if memory serves. Hutton was Auburn I think.
                            Hutton was a prop 48, went to Barton County, then Auburn. IIRC, every single starter on Cortez's HS team ended up at a D-1

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

I'm sure he appreciated you thanking him for keeping the Head Coaching seat warm for Bob Richey.
                              Actually Bob Richey's name did not enter the conversation; primarly as Bob has no interest in Wichita.

Without mitigation in Marshall's severance agreement, my concern is the Marshall will apply for the SC job when Martin is terminated. Marshall was raised in Greenwood, SC and he is a popular figure among certain groups and held in low regard by a smaller group.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

It means our first 12 candidates turned us down.

Tbh though, he wouldn't be the worst candidate. I'd take him over say Manning. I just don't think he's anywhere near our best candidate.
                                You need to quit beating that dead horse; Richey would be a better hire for WSU than any of the coaching possibilities mentioned on this thread - including Jans. Richey's three year stint as HC of Furman is superior to anyone mentioned as a possible replacement for Marshall and importantly he is a fine example of a role model for the players and citizens in Wichita.

Comment

Working...
                                X