Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Bad example. They may not have replaced wooden who is the greatest college coach of all time but they did have a coach take them to 3 consecutive final fours in 2006-2008 and have been to 3 sweet 16s since 2014. So they haven't had any problem finding coaches with better results than Marshall IMO
    Not to mention a natty in 1995 with Jim Harrick.

78-65

Comment

What about Indiana with Bobby Knight.

Had a few good years, but nothing exceptional.
      The Assman

Comment

There’s examples both ways. You gotta have university and alumni support to keep the train rolling. Cincy has done ok with coaching changes, Gonzaga did ok when Dan Monson left. We, the fans, need to keep supporting the team and the University. There will be a line of good coaches that want this job.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockAzs View Post

Only you would use that word.
          Just trying to educate posters on this board who "...severely criticized me in an especially public way" without justification. No apologies from any of them as some of them now appear to have reached "their fill" of Marshall's boorish behavior.

My hope now is that WSU can avoid paying the $15 million exit fee by firing Marshall's ugly ass for cause.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
            The opinion of a complete fool who knows nothing. Gregg Marshall is a once in a lifetime Coach. If you think we are going to replace that consistency you are absolutely just dumb on top of knowing nothing about basketball. Basketball is a totally Coach dependent sport. Ask UCLA if you replace someone like Marshall. They are still trying to find Wooden.
            Ashockalypse IMO you have already been proven to be the "complete fool who knows nothing." I could post links to our previous exchanges but why rub additional salt in your wounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Bad example. They may not have replaced wooden who is the greatest college coach of all time but they did have a coach take them to 3 consecutive final fours in 2006-2008 and have been to 3 sweet 16s since 2014. So they haven't had any problem finding coaches with better results than Marshall IMO
              Thanks for demonstrating how uninformed Ashockalypse is regarding this subject.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                There’s examples both ways. You gotta have university and alumni support to keep the train rolling. Cincy has done ok with coaching changes, Gonzaga did ok when Dan Monson left. We, the fans, need to keep supporting the team and the University. There will be a line of good coaches that want this job.
                "There will a line of good coaches"; this will be an interesting process to watch play out. I pray WSU does not follow the same pathway it used when replacing Ralph Miller.

Comment

If this all plays out, there will be more good coaches line up for this job, than there will be good jobs lining up for HCGM.

Comment

Option K: KU route - Keep coach, and then use the buyout/donor money to start paying recruits ala KU. That should overcome any recruiting hurdles.

Comment

• "I'm not gonna support WSU if they fire the coach"

See ya. You don't support WSU anyways if its dependent on who the coach is. I would rather not have fans in the fan base that are willing to put wins over assaulting a player anyways.

Comment

• Let's just assume we don't pay the next coach $3.5 mil, which unless we are getting an established (name) coach, we shouldn't. We'll still pay him a couple mil I'm guessing. I don't know the numbers, but that is a raise for probably 80% of the coaches in the country, right? And given that 80% of those coaches have never been backed by anything remotely close to the atmosphere at Koch arena in their lives. I'm just gonna say that almost every coach outside the power 5 is ours for the taking if we want them. You're gonna sell me that we can't find someone to win at WSU when we can basically pick any head coach of about 75% of division coaches in the country and countless #'s of assistants, including in the power 5?

Wow, GM isn't God. And he doesn't need to be a dick to motivate players either.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• If we are forced to fire GM, we better able to prove the termination in court so we dont have to give him his 15 millions or else we are gonna be paying the next coach the same salary as Missouri St does
                          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                            If we are forced to fire GM, we better able to prove the termination in court so we dont have to give him his 15 millions or else we are gonna be paying the next coach the same salary as Missouri St does
                            IMO, if they can't fire him for cause, he shouldn't be fired.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post

IMO, if they can't fire him for cause, he shouldn't be fired.
                              Probably one of the reasons this is dragging out. It's gonna get nasty when that kind of cash is on the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                                If we are forced to fire GM, we better able to prove the termination in court so we dont have to give him his 15 millions or else we are gonna be paying the next coach the same salary as Missouri St does
                                This is why I see the investigation taking a long time...perhaps into the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X