Coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Fair or nor, I only judge Mo's development on his rebounding, and he should be rebounding more than 3 rebounds a game. He should be in the 6 rebound category imo.
    Lol yeah that’s a pretty unfair way to judge his overall development

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

Lol yeah that’s a pretty unfair way to judge his overall development
      . Didn’t use the word overall.

However, a 6’8 Center or 5 who is not skilled enough to venture out to play on the perimeter, shouldn’t be only averaging 3 rebounds in 22 minutes per game either. Suffice it to say that I’m very disappointed in his rebounding.

There are three players I would put in that category (that their rebounding is disappointing) and Dexter has shown improvement the past three games. Poor Bear and Mo need to pick it up (Mo did against Houston), and then I hope that Clarence and Ricky gain consistency. They’ve shown really good promise on the boards.

Comment

However, a 6’8 Center or 5 who is not skilled enough to venture out to play on the perimeter, shouldn’t be only averaging 3 rebounds in 22 minutes per game either. Suffice it to say that I’m very disappointed in his rebounding.

There are three players I would put in that category (that their rebounding is disappointing) and Dexter has shown improvement the past three games. Poor Bear and Mo need to pick it up (Mo did against Houston), and then I hope that Clarence and Ricky gain consistency. They’ve shown really good promise on the boards.
        Saying that someone who is averaging 3.8 rebounds per game is averaging 3 rebounds per game makes it feel like you are intentionally misrepresenting the facts for rhetorical effect. In addition, I'm not sure why you seem more happy with Dex's progress than with Mo's since Dex is averaging 0.1 more rebounds per game in conference play than in non-conference, while Mo is averaging 0.4 more rebounds per game. I don't think anyone would contest that we need to be better at rebounding and that Mo is a sizeable part of that needed improvement, but I don't think it is fair to either undersell what his actual numbers are or undersell the progression that has happened as the season has gone on.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Yeah we can all agree pretty much everyone on our roster could rebound better. There’s no disputing that. But when you say “I only judge his development off his rebounding”, you’re excluding the other parts of his game that he’s significantly improved. He isn’t a perfect player or a finished product by any means, but he’s taken good steps forward in other areas.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Gudino could just as easily be in IBs shoes.
            Would you prefer that?

Comment

Gudino could just as easily be in IBs shoes.
              Hadn't really thought of that, but I guess that's true. Hope he will stay for a while as associate head coach

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Would you prefer that?
                I don’t know. I don’t know what kind of coach he is, whether he calls timeouts, etc.

what I would prefer is a proven coach, our Ron Hunter or Brad Underwood.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I don’t know. I don’t know what kind of coach he is, whether he calls timeouts, etc.

what I would prefer is a proven coach, our Ron Hunter or Brad Underwood.
                  Yeah, those timeouts!

I would prefer the Ghost of John Wooden come coach the shockers to 10 straight NC’s. I bet he’d call a time out or two.

Comment

Would you prefer that?
                    ten years from now, we'll know

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

ten years from now, we'll know
                      Indeed. Brown is the no brainer hire today. Worst case it doesn’t work out and WSU is still an attractive AAC job in 5 years thanks to Gregg Marshall, the players who won a ton of games during his tenure, and the great fans in Wichita.

Comment

• UPS is giving up their “What can brown do for you" slogan... hopefully HCIB will make it great again.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Before he can ever be hired, he should publicly answer of what he knew about the alleged abuses by GGG, and what he did with the information he had - did he go Sexton/Boatright or was he silent?
                          Your right, he could be racist. Oh wait... Guess he can't be racist. My bad.

Comment

Yeah, those timeouts!

I would prefer the Ghost of John Wooden come coach the shockers to 10 straight NC’s. I bet he’d call a time out or two.
                            You know, I was hoping for someone with experience maintaining a D-1 program and the rigors that come with it, but I understand why they went with IB.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

You know, I was hoping for someone with experience maintaining a D-1 program and the rigors that come with it, but I understand why they went with IB.
                              I hear you. I guess we just have to hope that he’s been paying attention to our former hall of famer these last 8 years and that he can keep good assistants and good players around.
                              Last edited by pie n eye; February 27, 2021, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• Some of these posters will not embrace coach Brown for whatever reason... hate to think of some reasons, but whoever thought Brad Underwood was coming here... wow

Comment

Working...
                                X