Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Hmm. I wish the DI that punched me with both hands at the bottom of my rib cage, knocking my breath away and slamming my head into a concrete wall , then standing over me screaming for me to get up while I lay trying to catch my breath, .
    Please excuse me if this has not been pointed out already, but this type of behavior nowadays would get the DI bounced.

Comment

• I encourage the entire 2015/16 team, players and coaches including Shaq and Marshall, to have a zoom meeting and discuss what they are trying to accomplish. They could meet without Marshall first and then bring him in. If their goal or Shaq’s goal is to simply to get him fired and there is no alternative, then end of story. If the idea is to get Marshall to change some of his behavior than there is something to talk about. He gave Shaq second and third chances before this incident even occurred. Does Marshall deserve the same consideration from Shaq and this team. These team members are men now. It’s time to act like it in direct conversation with the man they have a problem with and for Coach to do the same. To Ron, Fred, Evan, Landry, Rashard, Zach, Shaq, Rauno, Wamukota, Bush, Simon, Grady, Taylor, Hamilton, McDuffie, Heier, Lindstedt, and Brown, time is running short, It’s time to step up. It’s your call. Do any of us want our life’s work to be judged by our worst act?

Comment

• Spare me the "my coach/DI roughed me up so it's okay" (and this is coming from a vet). You think today's recruits give 2shits what happened to you badassses back in your day?

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
          If the allegations are true, are our opinions different of those who witnessed it and didn't say anything at the time? Fred? Ron? Evan?
          Before we start talking about whether our opinions should be different....

We can just as easily presume that Fred, Ron, and Evans reactions ARE INDICATIVE of the severity (or LACK thereof) of what allegedly happened.

I tend to think the later rather than the former. I think it supports Coach Marshall's position.

Comment

• I would be interested to hear from JR Simon. Not only did he pay his own way to be in such a volatile environment, he stayed on as a graduate assistant. He was as well respected as anyone on that team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
              I encourage the entire 2015/16 team, players and coaches including Shaq and Marshall, to have a zoom meeting and discuss what they are trying to accomplish. They could meet without Marshall first and then bring him in. If their goal or Shaq’s goal is to simply to get him fired and there is no alternative, then end of story. If the idea is to get Marshall to change some of his behavior than there is something to talk about. He gave Shaq second and third chances before this incident even occurred. Does Marshall deserve the same consideration from Shaq and this team. These team members are men now. It’s time to act like it in direct conversation with the man they have a problem with and for Coach to do the same. To Ron, Fred, Evan, Landry, Rashard, Zach, Shaq, Rauno, Wamukota, Bush, Simon, Grady, Taylor, Hamilton, McDuffie, Heier, Lindstedt, and Brown, time is running short, It’s time to step up. It’s your call. Do any of us want our life’s work to be judged by our worst act?
              Way too late for that. It's in the lawyers court now (hence the delay).

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

I think that will vary by individual - if a person wants to be upset that's their right and if a person is fine, then that's their right as well. To each his own is how I feel. What irritates me the most is when you have people telling you how you should feel, especially members of the media. If I don't want to be a fan of a certain player anymore, or for that matter, a certain coach, that's my right. For example, if someone tells me I'm not a true fan because I don't clap for a certain player at an AfterShocks game because what he did or didn't do this whole time, then that's something that irritates me because they have no right to lecture me on what I can do and can't do.

On a side note, I think the NCAA needs to put something in place that allows athletes to be whistleblowers. Maybe they have something now, I don't know, but it doesn't appear like they do. But to me it's a bad look on the NCAA as a whole when you have players talking about being mistreated years later and they say they were fearful of saying anything at the time. Maybe those people in the media who seem to thrive on that type of story - cough, cough, ******* - can investigate that at some point as well.
                Pretty sure that media member said if you're not going to support the program after the GM era (whenever that is) then you're really not a fan.

Comment

• I disagree. Unless an agreement has been signed, its not too late. Like a plea agreement that is reached before the jury arrives at a verdict.

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                    Spare me the "my coach/DI roughed me up so it's okay" (and this is coming from a vet). You think today's recruits give 2shits what happened to you badassses back in your day?
                    They certainly don’t give a flying &$!k what you think and if you knew what stage it’s in you would be rattling that superior trap of yours with the dirt. Lawyers were going to have a huge amount of work to do no matter which way it goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
                      I disagree. Unless an agreement has been signed, its not too late. Like a plea agreement that is reached before the jury arrives at a verdict.
                      An agreement will be signed no matter what.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

Please excuse me if this has not been pointed out already, but this type of behavior nowadays would get the DI bounced.

Your probably correct. Thanks for reminding me of the wussification process of the American male.
                        I was just dreaming that that s#!t had not occured.
                        My bad!

Comment

Pretty sure that media member said if you're not going to support the program after the GM era (whenever that is) then you're really not a fan.
                          Some felt that way after GS was fired. It took a long time and a failed coaching hire before healing began. I imagine we’re headed for something similar. If Gregg leaves, let’s hope the healing process starts immediately. A lot more money is involved with this decision.

Wonder how many fans that wanted Gene fired feel the same way about Gregg? Perhaps not a good comparison but interesting.

Comment

Spare me the "my coach/DI roughed me up so it's okay" (and this is coming from a vet). You think today's recruits give 2shits what happened to you badassses back in your day?
                            Never claimed to be a badass but I'm sure that based on your posts, that you think that masculinity is a sin, john wayne was a sexist bully and so on.
                            ​​​​​
                            The best recruits are proud of their masculinity. Well maybe not, there was rodman and 1 or 2 others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Never claimed to be a badass but I'm sure that based on your posts, that you think that masculinity is a sin, john wayne was a sexist bully and so on.
                              ​​​​​
                              The best recruits are proud of their masculinity. Well maybe not, there was rodman and 1 or 2 others.
                              What if you are a girl recruit?

Comment

If you're referring to Lutz/s comments from last week, he was referring to financial support at that point. He also said booing a former player is a sign you're not a fan. If you're talking about someone else, then please provide more context.

Personally I wouldn't boo a former player - that's childish if you ask me. But if I don't support someone I'm not going to clap for them, but that's just me. I have that right and no one, media member, board member, or otherwise, has the right to tell me otherwise.
                                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Working...
                                X