Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

He’d quit shaving and look like a bum.
    Our assistants do most of the shaving anyway. It would be best for recruits to know who they’re gonna be playing for.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
      “We almost certainly know he would have taken the Texas job if offered”.

Really? Do we? If you’re making that statement then you must know Marshall personally or have 1 degree of separation to someone who does. If that’s the case then you should be able to find out exactly what’s going on with this current situation.
      I'm in austin and hated barnes as it's coach. But I hated marshall as it's coach too, for a totally different reason. I wanted him to stay at WSU where my heart is. I can tell you the buzz here about marshall was that UT didn't care for marshalls arrogance and marshall didn't care for UT fan support. News here was that neither had interest in the other.
      made my day when I heard that.
      Last edited by Atxshoxfan; November 16, 2020, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

His stock is way too high for ECU, even though that's very close to home. We're talkin' tech stock here, not transportation industry.
        But if his buyout is contingent on the salary of a new position, couldn't ESU get a steal with WSU picking up the difference for 3 years?

Comment

• LOL (also, the person did respond to Taylor's tweet to say "Ahhh shoot, didn't mean to call you either one! You're the GOAT")

Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• ******* getting roasted -

Comment

• Originally posted by Good News View Post

I agree with all of that, but it is absolutely a siren song for any coach not in a top 10 basketball job. Unparalleled resources for a public P5 institution (3rd largest endowment behind Harvard and Yale, ahead of Stanford and Princeton). And by definition - like most careers - the guys that succeed in coaching fundamentally believe that "I'm different" and "I can succeed where others failed",

The quality of life and resources in Austin are too good to pass up, which is why Shaka left a great situation where he could have easily become a HOFer and changed many lives. Instead, he grabbed the brass ring and found that he would get fired if (1) he didn't sign 4 and 5 star recruits, and (2) didn't make the tournament every single year and the second weekend more often than not.
              Austin was all of that but it is falling apart fast.most of the bars that made it the live music capital of the world are closed for good, iconic restaurants closed, many for good. Traffic's a mess, and the dumbass citizens, mostly renters, just voted themselves into a 25% property tax increase, all for an underground transit system that has no chance of paying for itself. It will be 5 yrs before this tax increase even covers the down payment.
              point is, Austin is not what it was 15-20 years ago or even 1 yr ago for that matter.
              Even when durant played, they couldn't fill the stadium untill mid January.
              It a really sorry basketball city & school!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                Marshall will be back in coaching after sitting out one year. Might as well give him a 1 yr suspension and be the school that he comes back to.
                Can we say he's been in lockdown and we're trying to flatten the anger :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Austin was all of that but it is falling apart fast.most of the bars that made it the live music capital of the world are closed for good, iconic restaurants closed, many for good. Traffic's a mess, and the dumbass citizens, mostly renters, just voted themselves into a 25% property tax increase, all for an underground transit system that has no chance of paying for itself. It will be 5 yrs before this tax increase even covers the down payment.
                  point is, Austin is not what it was 15-20 years ago or even 1 yr ago for that matter.
                  Even when durant played, they couldn't fill the stadium untill mid January.
                  It a really sorry basketball city & school!
                  super sad... austin is a great place to get $hitty for a weekend (before corona of course).. could go a good time on west 6th and for some franklins or terry blacks for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

But if his buyout is contingent on the salary of a new position, couldn't ESU get a steal with WSU picking up the difference for 3 years?
                    He won't sign a 3 year deal though. He's WAAAY beyond ECU caliber. They have been to the NCAA tournament ... twice? He's way too competitive and accomplished for that. If he wants to, he's a shoe-in for a school that regularly lands 5*'s and McD AA's.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Can we say he's been in lockdown and we're trying to flatten the anger :)
                      Excellent post. Love the punchline that's a total surprise based on the set up. Brilliant!
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• You don't toughen up kids by hitting them. You make them resentful. Any pro team Morris wanted to play for was likely to check with Marshall before signing Morris. That could put Morris in a position of not wanting to say anything because Marshall had input into his pro days.

If Morris was hit by Marshall (which 5 players confirm) perhaps he didn't say anything because, even after Morris was out of WSU, Marshall had influence (a level of control) over what Morris could do.

If a player feels they were punched, what do they do? Go to the AD and file a complaint against the guy who signs the paperwork for their scholarship the next year? Transfer and lose a year of eligibility because they've already taken a redshirt year? There are a lot of reasons that Morris may have felt he had to remain silent for 5 years.

When something like half the scholarship players transfer, there's going to be intense media scrutiny. That gives players who may have had differences with Marshall the cover they felt they needed to say anything.

Comment

• About the History teacher comparison. If a History teacher smacks a student and that student reports it to the dean, it's not going to affect that student's paying their tuition the next year, where they go to school the next year, or their future employment. A basketball coach has a much higher level of control over their student athletes than the History teacher.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                            You don't toughen up kids by hitting them. You make them resentful.
                            That's not what happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

That's not what happened.
                              finally, a witness has come forward

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

finally, a witness has come forward
                                6 or 7 of 'em. Not one of 'em said, "Marshall was trying to toughen up Shaq by hitting him."

Comment

Working...
                                X