No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I find it interesting that Austin Reaves hasn't said anything. But then again, just because he hasn't publicly commented on all this doesn't mean that *******/The Law Firm hasn't reached out to him

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
      Guessing Shaq would receive the same treatment on here whether he reported the incident same day or 5 years after the fact. We'd hear the same narrative...**** his lazy ass.. blag blah blah
      Well, you wouldn't have had the five year waiting period to say something, the positive comments (apparently lies) by Shaq in newspapers his junior and senior years, the great improvement with his game his junior and senior years, and the down turn in his career after not being coach by Marshall. So, yeah, his lazy ass, which was highly documented, would have been pretty much it.

Comment

Guessing Shaq would receive the same treatment on here whether he reported the incident same day or 5 years after the fact. We'd hear the same narrative...**** his lazy ass.. blag blah blah
        Don’t agree. It raises suspicions on why he is reporting it 5 years later. What motives have changed between then and now. Additionally, by reporting it through the AD at the time, it could have hopefully been worked out between all parties privately. Reporting it now creates a lose/lose situation and destroys people. There were multiple ways to handle it. Shaq chose poorly.

Lastly, Shaq had a reputation as terribly lazy. A talented athlete with a poor work ethic. It is what it is.

Comment

• Shaq quit playing ball. He has more time these days to look in the mirror and come up with excuses of why things didn’t pan out. That’s just my guess why.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

Don’t agree. It raises suspicions on why he is reporting it 5 years later. What motives have changed between then and now. Additionally, by reporting it through the AD at the time, it could have hopefully been worked out between all parties privately. Reporting it now creates a lose/lose situation and destroys people. There were multiple ways to handle it. Shaq chose poorly.

Lastly, Shaq had a reputation as terribly lazy. A talented athlete with a poor work ethic. It is what it is.
            chose.jpg

Comment

• The best managers are those that can get the best out of each individual, no matter the motivation.

It is more than possible for a person to be unsuccessful with one type of motivation and yet wildly successful with a completely different approach. And yet still others that are completely self motivated.

If, for instance, a coach happens to be a hyper positive individual, and several of his players simply don't respond and can't get better, and then those players transfer to a program where the coach pushes them with the most harsh techniques you could imagine, and the players achieve incredible success, who is the better coach/manager?

Comment

• This is getting a bit out of hand. The ability to see flaws in Marshall is being equated with hating Marshall. That is an incredibly ignorant conclusion and demonstrates either the character or the dumb-assed-ness of the person making that equation.

I do not hate Marshall. I think he's an outstanding coach, but he's had some misses - particularly in recruiting - during his time at WSU. My basis for finding some weakness in recruiting is the lack of successfully recruiting a PG between FVV and Alterique Gilbert. That led to having to use two AA-type SG's (Baker and Shamet) out of position at PG. The teams those guys played on had a chance to do better if there had been a PG who could let Baker and Shamet play SG, instead of limiting their contributions by having them play out of position at PG.

Between the F4 run and this year, Marshall has not successfully recruited a single PG who stayed past their Fr year.

The best post player Marshall recruited out of HS in 14 years is Morris. The guy who was so lazy (and possibly hung over) that punching him to get his attention (if that happened) is acceptable in order to toughen him up. Marine drill sergeants aren't allowed to put their hands on recruits. They do a pretty fair job of toughening up the Marines they turn into men. Durley had some of the same work ethic issues as Morris.

I'm waiting for the investigation to be completed and the lawyers to have their negotiations. I'm hoping Marshall stays, but with a renegotiated contract, an admission that he did something wrong (if that's supported by the investigation), and some apologies (if that's supported by the investigation).
                Last edited by Aargh; November 15, 2020, 01:22 AM.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas View Post

How do you know SM or some other(s) did not report the alleged incident to the AD "...at the time"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                    This is getting a bit out of hand. The ability to see flaws in Marshall is being equated with hating Marshall. That is an incredibly ignorant conclusion and demonstrates either the character or the dumb-assed-ness of the person making that equation.

I do not hate Marshall. I think he's an outstanding coach, but he's had some misses - particularly in recruiting - during his time at WSU. My basis for finding some weakness in recruiting is the lack of successfully recruiting a PG between FVV and Alterique Gilbert. That led to having to use two AA-type SG's (Baker and Shamet) out of position at PG. The teams those guys played on had a chance to do better if there had been a PG who could let Baker and Shamet play SG, instead of limiting their contributions by having them play out of position at PG.

Between the F4 run and this year, Marshall has not successfully recruited a single PG who stayed past their Fr year.

The best post player Marshall recruited out of HS in 14 years is Morris. The guy who was so lazy (and possibly hung over) that punching him to get his attention (if that happened) is acceptable in order to toughen him up. Marine drill sergeants aren't allowed to put their hands on recruits. They do a pretty fair job of toughening up the Marines they turn into men. Durley had some of the same work ethic issues as Morris.

I'm waiting for the investigation to be completed and the lawyers to have their negotiations. I'm hoping Marshall stays, but with a renegotiated contract, an admission that he did something wrong (if that's supported by the investigation), and some apologies (if that's supported by the investigation).
                    I think that Stutz was a better player for a longer period of time than Morris. He would have been better off it he could have redshirted one year, and I have a feeling that his 5th year would have been awesome. However he had to start his Freshman year. Stutz gave it his all for a couple of years before he was ready. Morris gave us one year of top notch play but he couldn't be counted on until his fifth year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                      Marine drill sergeants aren't allowed to put their hands on recruits. They do a pretty fair job of toughening up the Marines they turn into men. ).
                      Hmm. I wish the DI that punched me with both hands at the bottom of my rib cage, knocking my breath away and slamming my head into a concrete wall , then standing over me screaming for me to get up while I lay trying to catch my breath, I wish he had known that rule.
                      why did he do it? Because while at attention i smiled when he put the brim of his campaign cover (DI hat to you) into the bridge of my nose. Reminded me of Sgt Carter and Gomer, so I smiled...that time...never again though. Lesson learned forever.

Comment

The players confirming the incident _wouldn't have been jaded transfers_ at that time -- so no, it would not have been received like it is being received now. Yes, the lazy ass would be called a lazy ass because he IS a lazy ass, but players confirming a "punch" would be taken seriously and not as a bunch of scorned lovers.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post

Hmm. I wish the DI that punched me with both hands at the bottom of my rib cage, knocking my breath away and slamming my head into a concrete wall , then standing over me screaming for me to get up while I lay trying to catch my breath, I wish he had known that rule.
                          why did he do it? Because while at attention i smiled when he put the brim of his campaign cover (DI hat to you) into the bridge of my nose. Reminded me of Sgt Carter and Gomer, so I smiled...that time...never again though. Lesson learned forever.
                          I can see how a flashback memory could make you smile but what a crummy time to have it. Luckily I never had one but was saved by others smiling as I was incurring the wrath of a DI..Their attention immediately moved from my transgression to the "New" candidate. And what were these transgressions...A belt not properly marked during an inspection and boots not highly polished while standing in line for O dark thirty breakfast because my boots were still wet from the previous days march over hill and water. Good memories now. Then just survival minute to minute but you already know that.. Happy belated Birthday.

Comment

• If the allegations are true, are our opinions different of those who witnessed it and didn't say anything at the time? Fred? Ron? Evan?

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                              If the allegations are true, are our opinions different of those who witnessed it and didn't say anything at the time? Fred? Ron? Evan?
                              I think that will vary by individual - if a person wants to be upset that's their right and if a person is fine, then that's their right as well. To each his own is how I feel. What irritates me the most is when you have people telling you how you should feel, especially members of the media. If I don't want to be a fan of a certain player anymore, or for that matter, a certain coach, that's my right. For example, if someone tells me I'm not a true fan because I don't clap for a certain player at an AfterShocks game because what he did or didn't do this whole time, then that's something that irritates me because they have no right to lecture me on what I can do and can't do.

On a side note, I think the NCAA needs to put something in place that allows athletes to be whistleblowers. Maybe they have something now, I don't know, but it doesn't appear like they do. But to me it's a bad look on the NCAA as a whole when you have players talking about being mistreated years later and they say they were fearful of saying anything at the time. Maybe those people in the media who seem to thrive on that type of story - cough, cough, ******* - can investigate that at some point as well.
                              Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

I'm laughing.

If he touched the kid in the parking lot it might be misdemeanor-worthy. Kinda spooky to a Snowflake but in the grand scheme of things, a whole lot lower threat to society than a DWI.

If I walk up to you and poke my finger into your chest it could be deemed battery.

I've watched Gregg Marshall "batter" numerous players that he's had to pull out of a game during major mental eff-ups over the years. Maybe he belongs in prison.

My mom battered the **** out of me when I was a smart-assed little kid. Too bad it wasn't 2020 else I could have gotten the old gal locked up for it!
                                Not that it matters much, because it's the optics that are the worst part of this (assuming what we've heard is true), especially seeing as the statute of limitations, in all probability, has expired.

Comment

Working...
                                X