Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    I dunno. The only witness on the record is Shaq.
    You’ve mentioned how you picture what happened(and weren’t a witness), and my picture from what I’ve heard about the foul is that a 265lb player who had been having his manhood questioned several times during that practice hammered a defenseless player fro making an easy 2 points. It may be wrong too.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

What if you are a girl recruit?
      This girl is a BA!

Comment

• We should hire Adrian Griffin then get his son AJ who is 6th ranked in the 2021 class.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
          We should hire Adrian Griffin then get his son AJ who is 6th ranked in the 2021 class.
          If his son wasn't a potential "one and done", I'd agree with you.

Comment

We should hire Adrian Griffin then get his son AJ who is 6th ranked in the 2021 class.
            “Oh, dream weaver
            I believe you can get me through the night
            Oh, dream weaver
            I believe we can reach the morning light”
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

If GM is gone, I agree 100%. AG would probably keep all the players and Chapman.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• And maybe he's not gone. Maybe with an apology, anger management, a reworked contract.......

Comment

• With the season about to start, if WSU was smart, this is what they would do.

First, keep Marshall for this year.
                  Redo his contract to remove the big payout if he leaves or is fired.
                  Reduce his salary by $500,000.
                  Put certain behavior clauses in.

Then, if he screws up again, they can terminate him without the big payoff.
                  They can go to their big donors and show that they gave him a second chance.

If they fire him now for something that happened five years ago, about which they likely knew (and this is probably why the one AD left and Boatright came in),
                  then they will lose the court fight.

If they fired him when it happened, fine.
                  But if they knew about it and did not fire him until five years later when it became public, good luck proving "cause."
                  They would lose that lawsuit badly.

So, I suspect they are coming up with a plan to keep him, but rein him in and make it easier to fire him in the future.

Which I am fine with, I don't want Marshall to go, but he has to cut out some excesses of behavior.
                  He is still a good man who has helped hundreds of kids become good men and done a lot of good in his community.
                  Let's not throw him over the side so easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Rahm View Post
                    With the season about to start, if WSU was smart, this is what they would do.

If they fire him now for something that happened five years ago, about which they likely knew (and this is probably why the one AD left and Boatright came in),

But if they knew about it and did not fire him until five years later when it became public, good luck proving "cause."

So, I suspect they are coming up with a plan to keep him, but rein him in and make it easier to fire him in the future.

Which I am fine with, I don't want Marshall to go, but he has to cut out some excesses of behavior.
                    He is still a good man who has helped hundreds of kids become good men and done a lot of good in his community.
                    “Put certain behavior clauses in”

Would this include a ‘family’ behavior clause? Asking for Pin...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post

Oh yeah I know. Previous post said 3G deserved credit for getting Fred and Ron, just pointing out jans was responsible for Ron as GM had previously stated himself.

I do think Gregg was the one who identified Fred on the AAU circuit when he was whipping the big time aau teams IIRC. Correct me if I’m wrong.
                      Fred was the target of the current Mo State coach - Dana Ford.
                      Last edited by proshox; November 15, 2020, 05:40 PM.

Comment

• I dunno what that is

Comment

• If you haven’t figured out by now, Head coach Greg Marshall has been fired and lawyers are in negotiations on the terms of his buyout.

Comment

• It is entirely possible that when Sexton caught wiff of all the abusive Marshall behavior dude threw up his hands and was like "Ok so I already fired Gene Stevenson and now this?? I'm out, I'm done with all this jazz"

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

This girl is a BA!

Molly is definitely a player and a keeper!

Comment

• Originally posted by David Rahm View Post
                                With the season about to start, if WSU was smart, this is what they would do.

David, excellent legal advice; IMO you have captured the heart of the on-going discussions. Given Marshall's exhibited personality traits I doubt he is a willing participant.

Comment

Working...
                                X