Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by apkbaum View Post
    She really thinks she is something special.
    You're only giving her the attention she wants by posting it here

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11 View Post

You're only giving her the attention she wants by posting it here
      maybe apkbaum is patty beamer...

Comment

• Shocked you didn’t accuse me of being Harry.

Comment

• Originally posted by apkbaum View Post
          Shocked you didn’t accuse me of being Harry.
          In the early days, I knew a guy who had to keep a spreadsheet of his various personas and logins.

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

In the early days, I knew a guy who had to keep a spreadsheet of his various personas and logins.
            This could be fun, could Les Collie I think it was be one of those personas?

Comment

• This is so surreal.

I don't think there's 5 people in this thread that fully appreciate what is happening right now. It would be impossible in the context of today's world. We currently have two U.S. presidents, are in the middle of a once-in-a-lifetime pandemic, and the winningest coach in the history of our 100+ year program is getting fired because he did something that innumerable coaches have done before him - particularly football. And Shocker fans are barely making a whimper throughout this whole deal. Had this happened last year we would have encircled Koch Arena with throngs of fans to show our solidarity.

Marshall will be gone and barely anybody will notice.

So surreal...

Comment

• Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
                Just sayin, I worked for someone that had a anger management problem, even with no additional creepy hobbies I was able to conclude he was a scary character
                Creepy?

That’s rich.
                The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post

That isn't really true. Jody was the most successful women's coach ever at WSU. She had 3 straight conference titles and the programs first 3 NCAA appearances. Sure that isn't Summitt levels, but it wasn't like WSU was firing a coach without on the court success.

FYI, there was a physical issue with one of Jody's assistants (who had previously been head coach at SIU when Jody was an assistant for her). Jody partially was fired for hiring a coach who pinned a player against a wall, even if she herself did not physically assault any players.
                  Correct. I think Jody's undoing was hiring Dana Eikenberg and running Kristy Guffey off.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 13, 2020, 09:54 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Most pertinent to her firing was that she never had a winning team. I’ll venture a wager that her methods weren’t very much different than Pat Summitt, the HOF woman’s coach she played for at Tennessee. But PS won 8 N. Championships and had 1100 wins.
                    Jody? Jody had numerous winning seasons and team’s during her tenure here

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                      This is so surreal.

I don't think there's 5 people in this thread that fully appreciate what is happening right now. It would be impossible in the context of today's world. We currently have two U.S. presidents, are in the middle of a once-in-a-lifetime pandemic, and the winningest coach in the history of our 100+ year program is getting fired because he did something that innumerable coaches have done before him - particularly football. And Shocker fans are barely making a whimper throughout this whole deal. Had this happened last year we would have encircled Koch Arena with throngs of fans to show our solidarity.

So surreal...
                      No. Simply no.

Comment

This is so surreal.

So surreal...
                        Sorry, but no.

Comment

• Cold’s credibility being duly appreciated.
                          Last edited by Ashockalypse; November 12, 2020, 11:12 PM.

Comment

This is so surreal.

So surreal...
                            ????????????????

what reality are you existing in

Comment

• His own.

Comment

• Sad to see this happening to Coach Marshall.
                                There isn't any loyalty anymore.
                                He was great for our university.
                                A fantastic advocate for Wichita.
                                A mentor to hundreds of young men who he coached and trained into the best basketball players and men they could be.
                                A winner who singlehandedly bring us to the top of the college basketball scene and moved us into a bigger, better conference.

And now, because of some malcontents raising issues that are several years old, led on by a no account supposed "reporter," obviously intent on ruining Marshall, a man with none of the qualities, abilities or success of Coach Marshall, we are going to run him off.
                                No second chances with the cancel culture mob, no gratitude for what he did for the university or city.
                                Just discard him like yesterday's trash.

We will never again reach the heights we had with him, we will sink like a rock for a decade, and we will deserve to.

I am sad that we don't work to restore him and support him in his hour of need.
                                Again, there is no loyalty and I find it disgusting.

As a proud WSU graduate, I religiously followed every game on radio or television although having been gone from Wichita for 30 years.

I grew up listening to "Wichita State is on the go, watch the Shockers move on in victory, take your family to the game, root the Shockers on to fame, Wichita wins for you."
                                That jingle goes back to the 1960's, Stallworth, Bowman, Armstrong, Wylie, etc.
                                I haven't yet decided if I will still watch or care about WSU going forward.
                                That is hard for me to say.
                                But loyalty matters to me, and I don't see it here.
                                • Leave a comment:

Comment

Working...
                                X