Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    Looks like all these experts sources amounted to jack****.
    Marshall may end up a really rich man when this is all said and done. There WILL be justifiable damages if nothing sticks.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

Marshall was always known as the guy that had his player's backs; the guy that propelled his assistant coaches on to bigger and better things; the guy that made men out of mice. Recruits would come to campus, spend some time with Ron or Fred and BAM! They signed on the dotted line. Then overnight Gregg Marshall is an abuser and now being compared to rapists.

If I were him.... lol

LOLOL!

******* we are righteous!

We deserve exactly what we get.

This.

Gregg Marshall is a Top 15 coach in the country. I can pull up the articles if you don't believe it.

This whole thing is dumb.

Put the man on a "short leash" if the holier than thou crowd will sleep better. The man has already been walking on eggshells since the transfers.

None of those writers are going to be Wichita State's friend no matter who else would step into that spot.

Gregg Marshall is family. It's time to let him coach his kids and let him prove he is the good man most of us already believe him to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        Listened to Lutz interview Matt Norlander. His take was that WSU wanted HCGM to resign and he refused. Lawyers are working it out. No idea where he gets his information.
        So I re-listened a couple time.

1. Jeff ******* premature reporting of this is impacting this - Marshall wants to show ******* is wrong, so he will drag this out into early next week.

2. There was an agreement for either a resignation or severing of ties with Marshall and the university (with probably some negotiated buyout).

3. So if (1) is true, this may end early next week (Monday). Marshall may have also decided against moving forward with the agreement, and now the university is moving forward with firing him for cause.

My conjecture here is that if Marshall agrees to the resignation (and buyout), then there is probably some agreement on keeping the results of the investigation concealed. If they fire him for cause, then it will get messy for him and the university and the results of the investigation will all come out which may impact Marshall pursuing other jobs.

4. WSU will not hire a coach until spring. He expects Isaac Brown to be named the interim head coach.

5. WSU job is seen as a good job. Greg Marshall has elevated the WSU program to be Top 40 in the nation. It is not a top 40 job, it is top 60. It is a 1.5 to 1.8 million job - there should be expectation of drawing an accomplished sitting head coach.

6. He sees big picture he see the AAC as #1 Memphis #2 Houston #3 Cincy and then #4 WSU. WSU floor is probably #4 in the AAC if they hire a competent coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by David Rahm View Post
          Sad to see this happening to Coach Marshall.
          There isn't any loyalty anymore.
          He was great for our university.
          A fantastic advocate for Wichita.
          A mentor to hundreds of young men who he coached and trained into the best basketball players and men they could be.
          A winner who singlehandedly bring us to the top of the college basketball scene and moved us into a bigger, better conference.

And now, because of some malcontents raising issues that are several years old, led on by a no account supposed "reporter," obviously intent on ruining Marshall, a man with none of the qualities, abilities or success of Coach Marshall, we are going to run him off.
          No second chances with the cancel culture mob, no gratitude for what he did for the university or city.
          Just discard him like yesterday's trash.

We will never again reach the heights we had with him, we will sink like a rock for a decade, and we will deserve to.

I am sad that we don't work to restore him and support him in his hour of need.
          Again, there is no loyalty and I find it disgusting.

As a proud WSU graduate, I religiously followed every game on radio or television although having been gone from Wichita for 30 years.

I grew up listening to "Wichita State is on the go, watch the Shockers move on in victory, take your family to the game, root the Shockers on to fame, Wichita wins for you."
          That jingle goes back to the 1960's, Stallworth, Bowman, Armstrong, Wylie, etc.
          I haven't yet decided if I will still watch or care about WSU going forward.
          That is hard for me to say.
          But loyalty matters to me, and I don't see it here.
          • Leave a comment:
          If worse comes to worse the people pushing the buttons behind this whole ordeal won't give a damn because they're probably not Basketball fans. Bet they don't miss soccer games though. No offense meant.

Comment

• They likely don’t like any sport of sportsball
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
              So, the big money contributors wanted Coach to stay but the school wanted him to go? Doesn’t sound accurate. Where is Ned Beatty when we need him. “I don’t think they understand the size of the check involved here.”

I don’t think they understand the AMOUNTS.

To be fair, It was a really big check.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

If worse comes to worse the people pushing the buttons behind this whole ordeal won't give a damn because they're probably not Basketball fans. Bet they don't miss soccer games though. No offense meant.
                What is that supposed to mean?
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Thanks Doc. I stand corrected.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

“I dedicate this building to.....myself!”

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

What is that supposed to mean?
                      Which part Kung did you not understand? Did you not read the David Rahm post I replied to? It appears you didn't?

That's where you'll find your explanation.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                        Which part Kung did you not understand?
                        The part about never missing soccer games.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

My conjecture here is that if Marshall agrees to the resignation (and buyout), then there is probably some agreement on keeping the results of the investigation concealed.
                          Does anyone really believe the investigation has uncovered anything that wasn't blasted across the "Stadium" website???

The last thing Gregg Marshall is concerned about is the "investigators" adding to the pile....

The steaming pile we've already seen is plenty high. Anything more will just sink into the manure.

Comment

• By the way, Jon Rothstein STILL isn't giving Jeff *******'s reporting any attention.

Why the Hell should Darren Boatright overreact if the biggest bullhorn in College Basketball media isn't???

You couldn't write the absurdity of this hit job.

Comment

• SM is doing this for his brothers? That's great and all, I get that. His goal is to provide a better environment for them at WSU.

The very environment that HCGM created and is now a steady platform for the UNDER REPRESENTED to get their shot with one of the best national programs in the nation. Built in VERY large part by HCGM, because he recruits those types of players, the "diamonds in the rough". If one doesn't think that's true, I have a bridge to sell them.

HCGM recruited and helped how many players overachieve? Guys that were overlooked, or their potential never realized, and would never have gotten where they did without getting a chance. Chances that HCGM gave. Chances were given to Shaq too, right? People deserve chances, like Shaq did. Because HCGM saw his potential and gave him those chances.

So then if this is all for the benefit of the WSU brothers and sisters, what benefit will they ultimately receive if HCGM is gone and the WSU program that all Shaq's WSU brothers and sisters participate in is in shambles due to this, and the legacy of all that has been accomplished in this golden era (using others words) is forever tarnished? The athletic department budget is devastated, never to be backed again by the boosters like it is, and so many future WSU brothers and sisters never receive what Shaq got, the benefits of a golden era of Shocker basketball.
                              Last edited by ShockAzs; November 14, 2020, 02:29 AM. Reason: Typos

Comment

• Marshall gets a lot of credit for signing VanVleet and finding Baker. That is earned and deserved credit.

There were a lot of questions from non-WSU fans about what would Marshall do after Baker and VanVleet were gone. Marshall had made a F4 with three NBA players on the roster. The question was if he could get players of that level on the roster again.

After VanVleet, Baker and Wessel graduated:

'16-'17 - play-in win for the NCAA's followed by (technically) first-round loss
                                '17-'18 - first round loss to Marshall
                                '18-'19 - NIT F4 loss to Lipscomb
                                '19-'20 - probable bubble team followed by half the team transferring

Does seem to be a pattern in that progression.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X