Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

JFC. I won't support him by giving him clicks, but I bet he doesn't have Bill Self on the list. Damn, this guy is a tool.
    I took a look at the article and he does mention Self and six other coaches as being on the hot seat due to NCAA investigations. He mentions how the federal investigation has been going on for almost three years for some of them. Wow, coaches that haven't been suspended while under investigation - what are those schools thinking. It's interesting in the little paragraph on Marshall how he writes - ".....his future is certainly in jeopardy right now pending the outcome of the investigation. The big question is whether he is fired or just suspended....." - Ihmmm, I thought according to ******* that one of those two outcomes was suppose to happen during the investigation. What's this pending the outcome nonsense he speaks of.

I kind of expect to see a tweet one of these days where ******* announces he bought out Marshall's contract. He created a consortium of angry sportswriters, coaches who don't want to face Marshall in games, and a promissory note with his podcast venture as collateral.
    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by jcdshocker View Post
      Look for a full page ad in the Eagle tomorrow in support of Coach Marshall. Does it mean anything? I think it means there are supporters in his court.
      Will anybody read it.

Comment

• Any second now. Slip that news story right out there! ;)
        The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Will anybody read it.
          Where is it sold these days?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Where is it sold these days?
            Some fish market down by the river.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Seems to me the longer it goes, the more likely it is that he stays
              Hallelujah, Amen!

Comment

• Comment

• Well we know where the Wichita money stands on this.

Comment

• 1) I think GGG is a fairly awful human being.
                    2) I hope he remains our coach because I enjoy my alma mater having a great basketball team.
                    3) does this make me a bad person?

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                      1) I think GGG is a fairly awful human being.
                      2) I hope he remains our coach because I enjoy my alma mater having a great basketball team.
                      honestly, I dunno

Comment

• Calling Coach Marshall a "fairly awful human being" when you don't know him personally is really out of line. You may not agree with his coaching methods, etc. but making a terrible blanket statement like this makes you look like you have a personal grudge against him.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                          1) I think GGG is a fairly awful human being.
                          So you think that Gregg is an awful human being. Do you know Gregg Marshall besides what you hear? I don't but in the 12 years at Wichita State, I've heard flattering comments said about him, and I've heard not so flattering comments. I've observed flattering moments from afar, and I've observed not so flattering moments from afar. I know that some media like him but many don't. From afar, I wouldn't put him in the Bobby Knight or the Dean Smith/John Wooden category. But what I saw about them was only what came out nationally, and rarely saw their teams play, so Gregg is at a disadvantage. I've seen him 30-35 times a year either personally or on television.

Most of what I've observed and heard show a professional person who constantly cheerleads for our city, and university, but occasionally, I've seen quick anger enter the picture.

If I said that "shock it to me" was an awful person because of something he posted here, would it be fair? No, because I really don't know "Shock it to me". My guess is that Gregg is somewhere between the extremes and if we knew him, we would probably like him.

Comment

• it's not like he chokes ALL assistant coaches

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

So you think that Gregg is an awful human being. Do you know Gregg Marshall besides what you hear? I don't but in the 12 years at Wichita State, I've heard flattering comments said about him, and I've heard not so flattering comments. I've observed flattering moments from afar, and I've observed not so flattering moments from afar. I know that some media like him but many don't. From afar, I wouldn't put him in the Bobby Knight or the Dean Smith/John Wooden category. But what I saw about them was only what came out nationally, and rarely saw their teams play, so Gregg is at a disadvantage. I've seen him 30-35 times a year either personally or on television.

Most of what I've observed and heard show a professional person who constantly cheerleads for our city, and university, but occasionally, I've seen quick anger enter the picture.

If I said that "shock it to me" was an awful person because of something he posted here, would it be fair? No, because I really don't know "Shock it to me". My guess is that Gregg is somewhere between the extremes and if we knew him, we would probably like him.
                              To me he appears to be a good person with the right motives at heart .. with anger problems and maybe a bit of an ego. This is from the 10,000ft level without ever talking to him. It's obvious he's made a huge positive impact on a lot of people. He's also made a pretty negative impact on a handful of others. So calling him an awful person is definitely a stretch.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                                Step one. The public relations campaign has begun. Gregg will be staying more than likely,

Comment

Working...
                                X