Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Good News View Post

You alright, buddy? That was a little aggro.

Sorry to hear you do you have kids... or more specifically sorry for them. In my opinion there are few things worse than someone who is responsible for protecting and preparing that can’t do either.

Natural selection is mofo.

Sorry if that hits a little close to home but at the end of the day your kids will benefit. If you have the humility, that is.
    Nah, I'm good, but when you seem like a possible child abuser, I'm glad to know you don't have kids. That's pretty much. By the things you say, if you thought I was a good parent, I would know I was doing something wrong. And honestly... I've used corporal punishment when I believe it's necessary. Don't think it's wrong when not crossing a very obvious line. If you think it's cool to go smack a player (or a kid) because you are angry at what they are doing, you're weak. It takes strength to control that, cool down, and then institute appropriate discipline.

Comment

• Originally posted by GottliebHater View Post

Very true. My style of parenting is not to physically or verbally abuse them, but I know that's unpopular with some people.
      I’m curious - what’s your athletic and professional background? Did you play sports at a high school varsity or college/professional level? Have you succeeded in the corporate world? And if so, did you have any coaches or managers that would be considered “abusive” by today’s standards?

If not, were you abused and/or bullied when you were younger and didn’t overcome it? If that was the case, I am sorry and empathize.

(Note - even though I responded to a post about parenting I do not in any way support any abuse of children. I’m referring to the “abuse” of young men and professionals that makes them better.)

Comment

• Anyways, I’m starting to think this is a bunch of bull. I’m not saying 3G is a saint, however I feel this investigation was not about the kids, rather a personal vendetta.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
          Anyways, I’m starting to think this is a bunch of bull. I’m not saying 3G is a saint, however I feel this investigation was not about the kids, rather a personal vendetta.
          Also think it was odd that ******* immediately tried to discredit the independent investigation as biased.

Lots of things that make you go hmmmm with this

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post

For perspective Have your kids reached adulthood? Could you explain what was said that has set you off?
            They haven't, but when someone says the parent messed up their 19ish old kid because they didn't prepare them for being made fun of by their coach in front of their peers for being "fat," and also basically excusing hitting a young man to teach him a lesson...I just have a problem. When he is in favor of a person in a position of high authority treating people like that, I just wouldn't someone like that as a parent.

Comment

I’m curious - what’s your athletic and professional background? Did you play sports at a high school varsity or college/professional level? Have you succeeded in the corporate world? And if so, did you have any coaches or managers that would be considered “abusive” by today’s standards?

If not, were you abused and/or bullied when you were younger and didn’t overcome it? If that was the case, I am sorry and empathize.

(Note - even though I responded to a post about parenting I do not in any way support any abuse of children. I’m referring to the “abuse” of young men and professionals that makes them better.)
              Nah...I've never been bullied, but I feel bad for those who have went through emotionally/physically traumatizing things no matter the age. I also see it difficult to keep the line from getting blurred. One day a kid is magically old enough to physically or emotionally abuse because they are a young adult. It takes anger issues to be willing to do it all. How do you control it if you are a coach or teacher or parent of younger kids when it's not okay?

I know if my boss had an issue with me and hit me he would be fired and/or I would be gone. If he talked to me, reprimanded me, whatever, it would be pretty easy to deal with.

Comment

Nah, I'm good, but when you seem like a possible child abuser, I'm glad to know you don't have kids. That's pretty much. By the things you say, if you thought I was a good parent, I would know I was doing something wrong. And honestly... I've used corporal punishment when I believe it's necessary. Don't think it's wrong when not crossing a very obvious line. If you think it's cool to go smack a player (or a kid) because you are angry at what they are doing, you're weak. It takes strength to control that, cool down, and then institute appropriate discipline.
                Alright Bud, we’re just talking here on the internet and nobody can prove anything... but I’m laughing and thinking about all of the parents that invite me to holiday dinners and young men that ended up playing sports in college that thanked me for pushing them in the right way. Whatever.

My questions for you are - in addition to the one about your athletic/professional background that you haven’t answered yet:

1. You use the word “child”. In your opinion, how many “children” have played for Gregg Marshall?

2. If you can point out anything I said that indicates I thought it was “cool” or anything approaching it to hit a player, let me know and I will reword or apologize. Physically interacting with a player in a situation where they put another player in danger is not only acceptable but a managerial duty in my opinion.

PS - Corporal punishment? That is some weak sh** dude. Talk about lack of control. They’re either going to hate you or disrespect you. More than they already do for the lack of preparation, protection, and whatnot that is.

Back on topic and my apologies to the crowd - I really wish Fred and Ron would give a statement. Hopefully they’re talking about it or 3G is asking. I found it disturbing that ******* said he talked to “the 3 NBA guys and one couldn’t stand Marshall”. I would hope for that to be 0 of 3, with Shamet the best case. But I don’t think that’s possible and I think the most likely and worst case is Fred.

Comment

Nah...I've never been bullied, but I feel bad for those who have went through emotionally/physically traumatizing things no matter the age. I also see it difficult to keep the line from getting blurred. One day a kid is magically old enough to physically or emotionally abuse because they are a young adult. It takes anger issues to be willing to do it all. How do you control it if you are a coach or teacher or parent of younger kids when it's not okay?

I know if my boss had an issue with me and hit me he would be fired and/or I would be gone. If he talked to me, reprimanded me, whatever, it would be pretty easy to deal with.
                  So... no answer on the most pertinent matter.

You’ve never been locked in a gym, on the line, running suicides, listening for the whistle? For a coach who had a bad day, during a losing season, whose job is on the line, and - most importantly - who believes in you and your ability to get better if you work harder and push yourself and if he “abuses” you?

Based on the thousands of hours I’ve spent coaching and managing/mentoring people (and being managed/coached that way myself)... it is invaluable. It is where high performers are forged.

Looks like you aren’t one.

So quit posting on a topic on which you’re uninformed - unless you want to sit and listen to my thoughts on fatherhood.

Comment

• I mean...you basically said Shaq was making a bad lazy play that ended in a hard foul and justified the allegation that Gregg came from behind and punched him in the head. That's weakness from GGG if true. And weakness to you if you support that.

What's not weak is on very rare occasions when your child has done something terrible to have them go to their room, make sure you are fully cooled down so nothing is done in anger, go up to them a few minutes later, talk to them and explain why what is going to happen has to happen, swat them once on the seat, leave no marks, talk to them again, tell them you love them, tell them how much you hate having to do that, etc, etc, etc... That's not weakness dude. I hate doing it more than anything. It's weak when you hit someone in anger and can't stop yourself. Never done it to anyone, never would unless protecting my family.

Comment

• Whatever ends up being the outcome of this situation, I hope we get there quick. At this pace we’ll have to bump the Orupke thread.
                      Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

So... no answer on the most pertinent matter.

You’ve never been locked in a gym, on the line, running suicides, listening for the whistle? For a coach who had a bad day, during a losing season, whose job is on the line, and - most importantly - who believes in you and your ability to get better if you work harder and push yourself and if he “abuses” you?

Based on the thousands of hours I’ve spent coaching and managing/mentoring people (and being managed/coached that way myself)... it is invaluable. It is where high performers are forged.

Looks like you aren’t one.

So quit posting on a topic on which you’re uninformed - unless you want to sit and listen to my thoughts on fatherhood.
                        I've ran suicides in high school...I've been yelled at. That's not even what's being discussed at WSU. That probably happens at every school. No one cares about that kind of stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by RajFaheen View Post
                          So a 50+-year-old white man sucker punches a black 6'8" 265 pound 20 year old twice

- somehow the old white man doesn't get his az5 beat

- for some reason, the 20 year old, who could transfer anywhere in the country, stays put another couple seasons

ok, assume that really happened. Sure that bothers me. The rest of it? - meh

really... you ever think that Shaq is smart enough to realize that kicking HCGM’s ass will not result in a happy ending for Shaq...

some “snowflakes” would say it is white privilege to be able to hit someone and not go to jail... trust me, most college players aren’t taking their chance by hitting the $3.5M legendary coach.

Comment

I mean...you basically said Shaq was making a bad lazy play that ended in a hard foul and justified the allegation that Gregg came from behind and punched him in the head. That's weakness from GGG if true. And weakness to you if you support that.

What's not weak is on very rare occasions when your child has done something terrible to have them go to your room, make sure you are fully cooked down so nothing is done in anger, go up to them a few minutes later, talk to them and explain why what is going to happen has to happen, swat them once on the seat, leave no marks, talk to them again, tell them you love them, tell them how much you hate having to do that, etc, etc, etc... That's not weakness dude. I hate doing it more than anything. It's weak when you hit someone in anger and can't stop yourself. Never done it to anyone, never would unless protecting my family.
                            Is English your first language? Do you understand “I don’t think it’s probable but I could see...”? In my original post?

You’re still not answering the background question and that says everything.

You’re not an athlete, you never were, and your children won’t be. I’m sorry you have some other agenda or background that triggers with “abuse”, but you don’t know what you’re talking about.

And as far as a the corporal punishment - I don’t G A F how you justify it. It’s not acceptable and any modern psychologist would say it’s counterproductive. Unf*** yourself dude.

Comment

• You think Gregg punched Shaq because of “white privilege”. Talk about stretches.

The whole story is about and old white man punching a young black man and how very bad and evil he is, so it seems to me that “white privilege” isn’t helping Marshall.

I’m not denying the incident didn’t happen, but I am doubting “white privilege” played any factor.
                              The Assman

Comment

• How are we on the topic of punishing/beating kids now? Every player in question was a legal adult that could have been sent to war.

Comment

Working...
                                X