Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

If you believe that six players independently verifying the account is not enough, what would convince you?
    My problem is .. can you name those 6 players? Because the author of the article couldn't. That's why I still had doubt. It was just the victim and 1 other person who didn't really give a strong statement besides "yea I saw it". Since then others have stepped up so it's looking more likely it's true.

If you have 6 anonymous sources... You don't have anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

HCGM is long gone to Alabama without Koch $$$. It is nothing to be ashamed of...
      Koch was there, but with all respect, you just don't know what you are talking about and neither do these national writers. This is said all the time.

Comment

• She thinks its a laughing matter
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

“I need video evidence of an assault because six eyewitness testimonies isn’t enough, but Shaq definitely committed a flagrant foul on Zach Brown.”
          This argument by you is so weak. The last I remembered was that there are 13 players on a basketball scholarship. What did the other 7 players say? What did they see? Were any of the six players that eyewitness the event as stated by John ******* even asked about the flagrant foul on Zack Brown. What other people were at the practice that day? What did they see? This is why the University is doing a complete investigation of this matter . But it is clear that you have already made up your mind. Rushing to judgment is not a good look for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

My problem is .. can you name those 6 players? Because the author of the article couldn't. That's why I still had doubt. It was just the victim and 1 other person who didn't really give a strong statement besides "yea I saw it". Since then others have stepped up so it's looking more likely it's true.

If you have 6 anonymous sources... You don't have anything.

6 anonymous sources from ******* of all people - the guy who has had a beef with Marshall since 2013

Comment

• Been in Vegas all week, but have been following this thread. My thoughts:

1. GM is an "old school" coach. They are a dying breed. Those over the age of 40 who played sports all had an old school coach. Probably many of them. Its what we grew up with. I played football into college and old school coaches use to grab my facemask while screaming at me and shake my head around. They would get fired today for that. Kids today prefer "new school" which is a much softer and friendlier way of coaching.
              2. Some of the complaints like body shaming are part of an old school way of doing things. Remember "Big Country" Reeves at OSU years ago? The coaches told him he needed a bra when he arrived on campus. It pissed him off and motivated him to change his body, lose weight and get in the weight room. I am not excusing it, again just saying it ties in with the old style type of coaching mentality.
              3. Most of these accusations very likely happened. I am guessing the punch in the back what Marshall trying to get Shaq to toughen up in a drill type thing. I do not think for one second he just clocked Shaq in the back out of the blue.
              4. The more serious accusations imo are the parking lot and choking a coach. These show real anger issues. My guess is if GM stays around, he will be required to undergo very extensive anger management counseling.
              5. The best thing GM has on his side is that this all happened quite a while ago. Time heals all wounds, This would be much more damaging if they were recent allegations.
              6. The timing of this could not be worse. Basketball season is days away. This is the type of thing that the NCAA would let kids transfer away for if they wanted. WSU is going to need to move quick on all of this one way or another.
              7. If Marshall is gone, Jans is the person I would target. Yes, he has his bar incident, but the guy just wins and loves WSU.
              8, This appears to be a few people with an agenda pushing all of this. It appears most players likely answered "I dont recall" or "No comment" when contacted.
              9. I am not sure this is a career killer for Marshall though. If he accepts blame, goes to counseling, donates some money to some charity and tones it down a few notches I think he will be fine. Again, this all happened quite a while ago.

Comment

If you believe that six players independently verifying the account is not enough, what would convince you?
                Me? I need x-rays, pictures of the bruise, pictures of the dent in the floor where Shaq's teeth hit from crumbling with the spinal injury, four doctors signatures, KBI investigation report, pictures of HC3GM's bruised knuckles, signed affidavits from non-anonymous players, blood samples from each player to make sure they are who they say they are, and a confession.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

I don't assume the article is 100% correct. We have regular posters verifying enough of it and a body of evidence over a decade to pick up the general thread.
                  True but it takes serious critical thinking to deny it all, not a suspension of it. :)
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• For all the “back when I was playing, my coach used to blah blah blah” people, that’s cool. That’s great. Doesn’t mean punching a player and choking an assistant Is acceptable today. Or calling a player’s girlfriend/fellow student-athlete a “c*nt” and make comments about “fist f*cking her”.

Comment

• Anonymous sources mean nothing. Jody adams did not have anonymous sources. That was a problem. Too many people were willing to come on here and put their name to it. I guarantee you those players went to the deposition.

We are not getting the whole story on anything, and we are getting hyperbole on what we are getting.

Another thing- bringing this out now is for one purpose: to ruin the WSU basketball program. This is meant to CANCEL everything Marshall has ever done, tear it down, and I swear if WSU does that I will burn everything I have with a WuShock on it.

and to everyone ragging on the 50k- it’s as valid as the story Shaq refuses to tell under oath. They are both hearsay.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shockersx View Post
                        calling a player’s girlfriend/fellow student-athlete a “c*nt” and make comments about “fist f*cking her”.
                        chilling

Comment

• Until there’s legal proof this is all just a sensational story written by a sports reporter.

Comment

For all the “back when I was playing, my coach used to blah blah blah” people, that’s cool. That’s great. Doesn’t mean punching a player and choking an assistant Is acceptable today. Or calling a player’s girlfriend/fellow student-athlete a “c*nt” and make comments about “fist f*cking her”.
                            As much as coaches hate girlfriends, I’m surprised she was allowed at practice to hear it first hand.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

As much as coaches hate girlfriends, I’m surprised she was allowed at practice to hear it first hand.
                              She was a volleyball player. They share many of the same facilities

Comment

calling a player’s girlfriend/fellow student-athlete a “c*nt” and make comments about “fist f*cking her”.
                                I hope the young man and his fiance can make a full recovery!

Comment

Working...
                                X