Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    Fred was borderline in the ratings, but the big schools still weren't showing any interest because of his size and lack of explosiveness.
    And neither were NBA teams, four years later.

Comment

• And I'm SURE you wanted this thread to die, but KSU just lost it's TWENTIETH player to quit or transfer this season...point of comparison at all?

Sorry if no....

Comment

• sounds familiar. Where’s *******? We need someone to break this story, it’s the players he cares about after all.

Comment

• Actually, I was referring to FOOTBALL......should have said so...but yeah, hoops as well...MONSTERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• 20 from a BCS FB team is the equivalent of 3 from a basketball team. 7 from a basketball team would be the equivalent of 45 or 46 transferring from a football team.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
              https://www.kstatecollegian.com/2020...-fresh-season/

sounds familiar. Where’s *******? We need someone to break this story, it’s the players he cares about after all.
              Yeesh:

After a tumultuous 2019-2020 season, the men’s basketball team lost nine players — six to the transfer portal. Now, head coach Bruce Weber is left with just five returning players for next season.
              Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Yeesh:
                yet not a peep from *******. If he really didn't have a grudge against Marshall, he would have the same type of investigative report on KState.

Comment

• WSU every so often adds an open record request that falls within the gap of what is online. Even though it's logged as 11/17/2020, the following just appeared today or just recently. I tend to check the log every other day or so and just noticed the following today:

Log ID 1024 - https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view...og/entry/1024/
                  Description - Any bill or receipt from Tueth Keeney for their services to Wichita State University for an investigation into allegations against Head Basketball Coach Gregg Marshall.

There are three pdf's and all of them have names redacted but you can get a timeline of what was going on. It's not apparent though if these are all of the invoices or just the ones they've received so far from Tueth Keeney - WSU responded to the request with "Attached please find all records in WSU’s possession responsive to your request." Also, the investigation didn't become public until October 8, so anything mentioned in the first two invoices and part of the third happened before anything was public:

Invoice 2 - $3,923 - 2nd invoice on the page but actually the first invoice sent, covers work from August 25 - August 29, mainly reviewing request and documentation

Invoice 1 - $39,993.75 - covers work from September 1 - September 30, no names, but lots of interviews mentioned and one of the expenses involved is transcribing 25 interviews

Invoice 3 - $56,860.75 - covers work from October 1 - October 30, a lot of time reviewing and drafting documents, witness interviews throughout

Total billed from August 25 - October 30 - $100,777.50

The person who did the request was from CollegeAD, which looks like a subscription web site for AD's. They mention the invoices in a news article in their news feed - looks like it was published yesterday and you have to have a subscription to read the full article. Looking at the summary, they say WSU spent $97,300 on lawyer fees (the difference between it and the total above is expenses are included on the invoices, such as cost to transcribe things, and not just lawyer fees).

I haven't seen the invoice mentioned in the press yet. It'll be interesting to see if a media organization publishes something regarding it - or if someone tweets it as breaking news on Twitter :) - but you can view the invoices to get all the details. Sometimes a request shows up and then a bunch of other requests appear later on that reference the main one, such as "see ID 1024 for that information". So other places may have requested the same information but will be receiving notices to see 1024 and we may see some stories come out. Will probably even see a few "WSU, a public university, paid for it and so the investigation should be public" type stories.
                  Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; December 11, 2020, 05:27 AM.
                  Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• The loudest and most public calls for disclosure will come from Bob on his show this afternoon.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                      The loudest and most public calls for disclosure will come from Bob on his show this afternoon.
                      And yet very few people will be listening.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

And yet very few people will be listening.
                        Actually, I'm not sure that's true....I think a lot of people listen, but just ignore his diatribes on things like that...

Comment

• For what it’s worth which is nothing now. A lot of us us cheered a very passionate 3G going after Canadian officials a few years back. Cause? He felt his players were not getting a fair call and upset his guys in the end would get injured from cheap fouls. ZB, worked his butt off and 3G admired hm for it. I can attest because he told me directly. ZB has more heart then SM could ever have. Perhaps less natural talent but put in more heart to his game. I really believe the moment swept 3G away to protect one of his guys from a cheap foul. The only thing Gregg is guilty of is not changing with the times. Old school hard nose coaching is not allowed anymore. Gregg would’ve bleed black and yellow with his players as long as it was allowed. Unfortunately, that time is up.
                          Last edited by KSUUWSU; December 26, 2020, 02:34 PM.
                          When your not practicing, someone somewhere is and when you meet him...he'll beat you.

Comment

• Originally posted by KSUUWSU View Post
                            For what it’s worth which is nothing now. A lot of us us cheered a very passionate 3G going after Canadian officials a few years back. Cause? He felt his players were not getting a fair call and upset his guys in the end would get injured from cheap fouls. ZB, worked his butt off and 3G admired hm for it. I can attest because he told me directly. ZB has more heart then SM could ever have. Perhaps less natural talent but put in more heart to his game. I really believe the moment swept 3G away to protect one of his guys from a cheap foul. The only thing Gregg is guilty of is not changing with the times. Old school hard nose coaching is not allowed anymore. Gregg would’ve bleed black and yellow with his players as long as it was allowed. Unfortunately, that time is up.
                            Fitting that ZB has seemed to thrive after leaving WSU and SM has flamed out. Again, look at the character of the accusers versus that of the supporters. Speaks volumes to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by KSUUWSU View Post
                              For what it’s worth which is nothing now. A lot of us us cheered a very passionate 3G going after Canadian officials a few years back.
                              I just don't think that is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

I just don't think that is true.
                                I didn’t necessarily cheer but it wasn’t as big a deal to me as it was to the pear clutchers.

Comment

Working...
                                X