Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
    I too liked the Valley, partly because we had the potential to be the big fish in the little pond. That is why Jans would think twice about returning to a WSU in the AAC...he's already achieved the big fish role in the WAC.
    No disrespect intended, but you sound like a typical KU fan. They ridiculed and belittled us when we were in the Valley and now they want us to return... and we'll always be 'mid-major' to them. Believe me, I live with them.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by N Crestway View Post
      I too liked the Valley, partly because we had the potential to be the big fish in the little pond. That is why Jans would think twice about returning to a WSU in the AAC...he's already achieved the big fish role in the WAC.
      We?? LOL! Good one.

Such small time thinking. That is what held us back before and what kept Turgeon from getting us really over the hump.

Comment

• Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
        It took 3 winners pulling off some serious wins to get us to our most recent Shocker Golden Era: Jim Schaus, Dr. John Bardo, and Gregg Marshall.

No need to start slitting our wrists at this point, but being somber is not an irrational state all things considered. We have an uphill battle ahead of us.
        Don't underestimate the importance of Dr. Beggs (I knew him pretty well and he had a vision for greatness) who hired Jim Schaus, who hired Mark Turgeon. Turgeon ultimately got the train 'primed and painted' and ready to get back on the track...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Is Dominion compiling the data?
          The QAnon thread is on Aisle 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post

The QAnon thread is on Aisle 10.
            And the political thread is elsewhere as well. Please find it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

You completely forget that we also wouldn't be recruiting at this high of level.
              Cleanthony, Cotton, Frankamp, Fred, Ron, Landry????? Don’t believe the stars most of it is hype.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

Cleanthony, Cotton, Frankamp, Fred, Ron, Landry????? Don’t believe the stars most of it is hype.
                Cotton was a two star, frankamp came back with his tail between his legs, Fred was a three star, Ron was a no star.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Fred was borderline 3/4 depending on recruiting service. I think McDuffie was also a 4 star.

Comment

• Fred was borderline in the ratings, but the big schools still weren't showing any interest because of his size and lack of explosiveness.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      Fred was borderline in the ratings, but the big schools still weren't showing any interest because of his size and lack of explosiveness.
                      he certainly was no Melo Trimble

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        Fred was borderline in the ratings, but the big schools still weren't showing any interest because of his size and lack of explosiveness.
                        ...until after the summer recruiting period after Fred had already committed to WSU, having laid waste to his competition. Bill Self’s staff checked to see how firm Fred’s commitment was. Thankfully, Fred told the Beakers to jump in a lake. Okay, so maybe not in those exact terms, but I’m going with that.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

he certainly was no Melo Trimble
                          Yes That year in the PanAm games (2015), it showed the lack of player evaluation capabilities for Mark Few, Tad Boyle, Mike Brown, Ron Hunter, and Mark Turgeon.
                          They recognized that Trimble could run faster, jump higher, dunk better, and win a one on one contest with Fred. But they didn't realize that his teams had more turnovers, fewer assists, more players out of position, and most important, win less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Yes That year in the PanAm games (2015), it showed the lack of player evaluation capabilities for Mark Few, Tad Boyle, Mike Brown, Ron Hunter, and Mark Turgeon.
                            They recognized that Trimble could run faster, jump higher, dunk better, and win a one on one contest with Fred. But they didn't realize that his teams had more turnovers, fewer assists, more players out of position, and most important, win less.
                            Could he win a one on one against Fred? I’m skeptical.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

They thought so.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Even if he could, basketball is not played one-on-one.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X