Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by proshox View Post

To game the NCAA - You want to compete against good basketball programs that are one level down in terms
    of recruiting and resources. Just as KU has done for years in the B12.
    Lol.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

All things considered - what is WSU’s relative standing within the American when it comes to:

1) Sustainable Resources
      2) Recruiting Footprint
      3) Legacy / Prominence
      4) Fan support
      5) Overall (you can include X factor not captured above)

I will track submitted answers and determine overall rankings

Note: This would not have been an interesting question within the MVC.
      Top four without a doubt. FWIW, basketball pundits agree.

Comment

• I can't believe anyone would prefer the valley. What is good about going 30-5 and getting a 10 seed? Winning is great but it's better to get home games worth getting excited about. Not to mention we'd be absolutely screwed in a head coaching search in the valley. Being in the aac opens a lot of doors for the program that otherwise wouldn't be open.

Comment

• Top 4 in the AAC gets NCAA Tourney consideration. #4 in the Valley is CBI Tourney.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
            Top 4 in the AAC gets NCAA Tourney consideration. #4 in the Valley is CBI Tourney.
            When were we playing for number four in the MVC?

Comment

• Originally posted by DUShock View Post
              What I don’t miss about playing in the Valley, winning games and losing ground in the ever changing metrics used to calculate NCAA tournament entrance and seeds. I also don’t miss having to win every game just to be given a crummy tournament paring or losing a game or two in the conference to be shown the NIT. Bottom line is that after Creighton’s departure the Valley’s goose was cooked. WSU’s departure was the final nail in the coffin for the once great conference.
              Not necessarily true. It would be premature to start singing Go Rest High On The Mountain just yet for the MVC.

The Valley has put a team in the F4 since WSU's departure, and the AAC hasn't had a F4 participant since it's inception. Last year Northern Iowa would have handed it to us all day and night. Those little guys out-rebounded the Mountaineers, if I'm recalling correctly, and we sure couldn't do that 2 nights later.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post

Top four without a doubt. FWIW, basketball pundits agree.
                I would agree with the overall assessment of top four, but our recruiting footprint may be dead last in the league. Which is why I was hoping for scores across all categories. If we remain dominant, the recruiting footprint can be overcome...

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Not necessarily true. It would be premature to start singing Go Rest High On The Mountain just yet for the MVC.

The Valley has put a team in the F4 since WSU's departure, and the AAC hasn't had a F4 participant since it's inception. Last year Northern Iowa would have handed it to us all day and night. Those little guys out-rebounded the Mountaineers, if I'm recalling correctly, and we sure couldn't do that 2 nights later.
                  UConn won the whole damn thing in 2014 as a member of the American. Prior to Wichita State joining, but post inception.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

When were we playing for number four in the MVC?
                    I think we get where you stand, you stand alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

I think we get where you stand, you stand alone.

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

I would agree with the overall assessment of top four, but our recruiting footprint may be dead last in the league. Which is why I was hoping for scores across all categories. If we remain dominant, the recruiting footprint can be overcome...
                        Recruiting footprint is not nearly as critical to success as it once was, especially with basketball and football. Basketball has a nationwide footprint with travel being so easy and the ease of technology in recruiting long distance. Heck you could argue it is even international to some extent. Look at the geographic background of our roster.

Comment

To game the NCAA - You want to compete against good basketball programs that are one level down in terms
                          of recruiting and resources. Just as KU has done for years in the B12.
                          Ah, a “KU is totally awesome” reference.

Im sure that was just a coincidence.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Recruiting footprint is not nearly as critical to success as it once was, especially with basketball and football. Basketball has a nationwide footprint with travel being so easy and the ease of technology in recruiting long distance. Heck you could argue it is even international to some extent. Look at the geographic background of our roster.
                              The American gives us a footprint into Texas, Florida, Tennessee, Louisiana, North Carolina, etc etc.

Comment

• Proshox is to conference affiliation talk as 1976 is to Division I coaching talk
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X