Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post
    Dr. Golden did not even know sports exists at WSU (from one of his direct reports)
    What is the story with this comment? Not doubting you, per se, but it seems hard to believe that any person with two brain cells wouldn’t understand the concept of college athletics. I’m just asking for clarity.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by Rixtoy1 View Post

THIS is truth . . . and, we are all too close to sports to have a good perspective.
      Dr. Golden sealed his fate MONTHS ago when he made the decision about dumping Ivanka Trump from the commencement program.
      Within 24 hours the Koch money stream, the Frank Carney money stream and the head of the Presidential Selection committee came out publicly and said this did not represent the faith and philosophy of Wichita State and it was VERY apparent his departure would be the only potential outcome.

Dr. Golden did not even know sports exists at WSU (from one of his direct reports) and was a micro-manager that only cared what the students thought of him (who needs millions for endowment when you have that - right?)

Don't get his departure and this confused.
      Or, based on everything we are reading now, Golden didn’t bend to the will of a few powerful people lacking moral clarity... there are enough pieces of data Indicating HCGM and Golden’s departure could be related...

note: One of his direct reports appears to be full of it. Dr. Golden connected with the students, teams and fans prior to his first official day on the job.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
        Nope nope nope.

Innocent until proven guilty.
        If you want to go that route, six eyewitness accounts of one incident (punching Shaq), two eyewitness accounts of another (choking Lindsted), and an eyewitness of the parking lot incident would be plenty to prove and convict someone.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          I lied, I want to make one more comment.

No matter context, and what comes of these allegations, I hate that in today's world only the bad matters.

No mention in the article (or here frankly so far, even though several have defended Gregg) of all the good Gregg has done. And I don't mean wins and losses and rings and banners.

I mean the furtherance of WSU athletics, ALL athletics. Almost nothing gets done without his success. The innovation campus, whether you agree or not, has Gregg's footprint all over it. Hell, we'd be in the Valley and just a few more years from certainly being something other than a D1 program. How much money has he helped to raise (and donated) to how many different LOCAL charities? How many businesses has he helped?

There's a TON of good that Gregg has done in, for and with Wichita, WSU and Kansas. And he deserves credit for all of it. And it should count for something, a lot in my opinion. And it's sad that we only look at the bad things (and this isn't unique to men's basketball or even sports).

Ok, that IS all.
          You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villain.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Comment

• 2020 just keeps on giving. Holy ****. At least the Marshalls would have a financially comfortable retirement and the University would be relieved of the financial burden of a giant buyout.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                  If the WSU President's continued employment is based in any way on his political beliefs, we're screwed, unless you want WSU to be Liberty U v2. Whether it's right-wing or left-wing, canning a Prez at a public U for the apparent political leanings of his/her employer is a bad look regardless of the political affiliation of the fired Prez.
                  Possibly the most naive post you have ever made. And that's saying something.

The organizational AND community politics at nearly all state universities are whole 'nother level.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• It just feels like some heavy embellishing is going on. Did HC3GM get angry on several occasions? No doubt in my mind. Did he "punch" someone? Feels like someone is purposefully using words to evoke emotion that probably don't fit the actuality. Not saying he didn't get slapped, but starting to severely doubt it was a "punch" -- or even close.

And if you are willing to embellish on that point, what else have you embellished on?

I dunno. I need to hear from all sides.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Why is this all coming from the past 4 or 5 years. Where are incidents from 10 or 15 years? Why has this became a problem now?
                      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Very interesting, from fat ass Goodman’s most recent tweet just now:

”Sources: Wichita State’s internal investigation is nearing completion into Gregg Marshall.

Shaq Morris and numerous other players I spoke to said they did not speak to law firm that reached out. Some were worried that it wasn’t a “neutral” law firm that was hired by the school.”

that makes shaq and others look very suspicious. Cle and others have defended Gregg already and numerous other recent players are silent. The only 2 I have seen make any comments are shaq and Erik...

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

Jesus, that's awful
                          if this info is true, we should not want this guy to continue coaching this team.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
                            Very interesting, from fat ass Goodman’s most recent tweet just now:

”Sources: Wichita State’s internal investigation is nearing completion into Gregg Marshall.

Shaq Morris and numerous other players I spoke to said they did not speak to law firm that reached out. Some were worried that it wasn’t a “neutral” law firm that was hired by the school.”

that makes shaq and others look very suspicious. Cle and others have defended Gregg already and numerous other recent players are silent. The only 2 I have seen make any comments are shaq and Erik...
                            Yeah seems odd to me also. If you TRULY want to be heard and changes to be made you will talk to ANYONE who will listen.
                            "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              It just feels like some heavy embellishing is going on. Did HC3GM get angry on several occasions? No doubt in my mind. Did he "punch" someone? Feels like someone is purposefully using words to evoke emotion that probably don't fit the actuality. Not saying he didn't get slapped, but starting to severely doubt it was a "punch" -- or even close.

And if you are willing to embellish on that point, what else have you embellished on?

I dunno. I need to hear from all sides.
                              Bingo.

Comment

• Marshall has legitimate issues with anger and how he treats people. You’d have to be a massive homer to deny it. That said, this story feels like pitchforks and vendettas brought to the table in an embellished manner by a small group of former players, and lit like lighter fluid by certain media members. I mean Shaq is the centerpiece of the ******* article, but he didn’t talk to the investigators? That doesn’t pass a smell test.

Comment

Working...
                                X