No announcement yet.

Coach Gregg Marshall Investigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach needs help. If you have tickets, you already know this.

Comment

• Why is Chris Jans still considered toxic? I get it that he had a REALLY bad episode five years ago...but he paid the price for it and seems to have turned around his life...some of that recovery taking place here in the 316. He has had no (reported) issues at New Mexico State. Chris is a damn good coach too.

Hiring him might be a “controversy” for a couple days...but him continuing to keep his nose clean and have success (in that order) would end those concerns quickly.
      78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
        Slightly off topic, but does anyone still follow Erik on Instagram? He's constantly promoting Forex trading and recruiting people to this Forex business. Is that allowed? When I first saw it, I found it odd especially given he's applying for a waiver and I figured the NCAA would be reviewing everything about him.
        Those were my thoughts as well. I didn't think student athletes could profit as he claims he is while... a student athlete. Seems very odd.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
          Why is Chris Jans still considered toxic? I get it that he had a REALLY bad episode five years ago...but he paid the price for it and seems to have turned around his life...some of that recovery taking place here in the 316. He has had no (reported) issues at New Mexico State. Chris is a damn good coach too.

Hiring him might be a “controversy” for a couple days...but him continuing to keep his nose clean and have success (in that order) would end those concerns quickly.
          That stays with you in today's climate ... right or wrong. We could weather that initial PR hit if we were replacing a coach that was retiring under normal circumstances. This is far from normal circumstances IF coach ends up being let go.

Comment

Why is Chris Jans still considered toxic? I get it that he had a REALLY bad episode five years ago...but he paid the price for it and seems to have turned around his life...some of that recovery taking place here in the 316. He has had no (reported) issues at New Mexico State. Chris is a damn good coach too.

I just don't think a coach would leave this close to the start of the season for any job. That screws his players he recruited.

Comment

I agree, but if Marshall is terminated I don't think any coach who still has loyalties to him would take the WSU job.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I can understand why he/they would be suspicious of talking to a law firm hired by WSU. It's the same principle behind "never talk to the cops".

That said, it does seem suspicious that they wouldn't just give their side of the story if they really wanted to protect the current and future players.
                Yep - thought the same. Seems way off.

Obviously there are MAJOR issues to be dealt with. But if Wichita State hired an independent firm to investigate - I would love to know exactly what it was that made the players think it was not going to be impartial before even speaking to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post

I just don't think a coach would leave this close to the start of the season for any job. That screws his players he recruited.
                  This falls into my “assistant as interim, hire next spring” theory.
                  78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                    Slightly off topic, but does anyone still follow Erik on Instagram? He's constantly promoting Forex trading and recruiting people to this Forex business. Is that allowed? When I first saw it, I found it odd especially given he's applying for a waiver and I figured the NCAA would be reviewing everything about him.
                    lmao not surprising he got into a forex pyramid scheme. He's not the brightest bulb
                    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

This falls into my “assistant as interim, hire next spring” theory.
                      I think that's the ONLY way it can go (if coach is fired). Promote Isaac Brown to interim head coach. If he over succeeds, he gets to keep the job, if we just do "good" but not great, we hire in the spring unless something huge falls in our lap (Belien or something like that)

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                        Just a gut punch. Was really looking forward for watching basketball again. We’ll see what happens; I just feel like there is too much there for all of it to be fabricated or exaggerated. Hope I’m wrong though.
                        Well said.
                        Go Shocks!

Comment

• Best case scenario at this point: investigation wraps up soon, describes a few incidents that happened years ago, some current and former players defend HCGM, he publicly admits to some mistakes and apologizes and seeks counseling, announces retirement near end of season, WSU announces hiring of Jans/Forbes at end of season.

Again, best case scenario.
                          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                            Best case scenario at this point: investigation wraps up soon, describes a few incidents that happened years ago, some current and former players defend HCGM, he publicly admits to some mistakes and apologizes and seeks counseling, announces retirement near end of season, WSU announces hiring of Jans/Forbes at end of season.

or Billy Donovan or Beilein

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post

Beilein
                              Is there actually any connection there? Anything besides dumping a ton of money at his doorstep? I feel like we are approaching the same level that we have made fun of every other fan base that assumed Marshall was waiting to jump to their school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                                Best case scenario at this point: investigation wraps up soon, describes a few incidents that happened years ago, some current and former players defend HCGM, he publicly admits to some mistakes and apologizes and seeks counseling, announces retirement near end of season, WSU announces hiring of Jans/Forbes at end of season.

I wonder if he's capable of apologizing and actually going to counseling

Comment

Working...
                                X