Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post
    My old age showing...

I understand it was his own fault, but my heart hurts not only for the players and program, but for Gregg Marshall and his family. Imagine your life’s work being defined by a single mistake. Imagine your dad’s dreams and legacy going up in flames. Gregg is a tough man, but I imagine there were tears shed in the Marshall household. His fault or not, we can still offer sympathy to the guilty. Praying for coach and his family tonight—sometimes, the grass is greener.
    I agree but I hope that Gregg is man enough to take some responsibility for his actions and shows some contrition and commits to working on his shortcomings. Like most of us he is not a perfect man but if he approaches this in the proper manner and takes the appropriate steps and wants to Coach again I hope someone will give him that opportunity. I do believe that Gregg always gave everything he had and that his objectives were to make his team and his players the best they could be and to represent WSU and the Wichita community well. His inability to control his emotions and perhaps his old school approach were bound to catch up with him at some point in this day and age I suppose. Would be nice if that 2nd chance was at Wichita State with the appropriate conditions. But doesn't sound like that will happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
      From Taylor just now: After talking to my sources in and around the program, I cannot confirm Stadium's report that WSU is expected to part ways with coach Gregg Marshall.

Their consensus: The report might ultimately prove to be true, but as of Tuesday night no could 100% confirm that was WSU's plan.
      Posting the tweet - https://twitter.com/tayloreldridge/s...98041637662720 - in case people want to go directly to it and read any responses to the tweet. Or need the link to share it on responses to *******'s tweets :)

Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post

Glad to see the racists are upset about this. Means the University did the right thing, even if it took them a month too long.
        How in sam's hell do you take this as racist? Pure ignorance on your part ! An insult to a black does not mean the insulter Is racist.
        im sick of this liberal answer to all things you guys disagree with!

Comment

• I...am so excited for Shocker Baseball.

Comment

• Jon Rothstein is avoiding that story like the plague... and he's usually on that kind of stuff like a Junkyard Dog with a bloody steak...

Hopefully, ADDB is talking with Gregg and finding a better road ahead together. The ******* show has been nothing short of harassment, and this program should never bow to those kinds.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
              That is a very interesting tid bit. That tends to make most believe they have been anticipating this and have spoken with Thad Motta.
              I'm sure they had a backup plan for ggg since the f4 run, and kept it updated constantly. I would also think they were on the phones the day after the investigation started.

I am curious, I see more blame on shaq, but none on the self centered, self proclaimed team leader s*!t ES. Doesn't he have the biggest part of this ordeal?
              I'm sure he and his pappy are having a party celebrating their huge victorys tonight and last week

Comment

• So Patty got her way?
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                  So Patty got her way?
                  First order of business for TM*; file for a restraining order.

* Should he be the next HC.
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by StunningSteve View Post
                    Jon Rothstein is avoiding that story like the plague... and he's usually on that kind of stuff like a Junkyard Dog with a bloody steak...

Hopefully, ADDB is talking with Gregg and finding a better road ahead together. The ******* show has been nothing short of harassment, and this program should never bow to those kinds.
                    Agree...never should bow to this kind of harassment and yellow press journalism. Sad day for WSU if they did indeed bow to it. I guess we'll find out more about what actually transpired in the coming weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Posting the tweet - https://twitter.com/tayloreldridge/s...98041637662720 - in case people want to go directly to it and read any responses to the tweet. Or need the link to share it on responses to *******'s tweets :)
                      Here's an update from Eldridge on the investigation - it was in response to a question in the replies to his other tweet:

Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

I agree but I hope that Gregg is man enough to take some responsibility for his actions and shows some contrition and commits to working on his shortcomings. Like most of us he is not a perfect man but if he approaches this in the proper manner and takes the appropriate steps and wants to Coach again I hope someone will give him that opportunity. I do believe that Gregg always gave everything he had and that his objectives were to make his team and his players the best they could be and to represent WSU and the Wichita community well. His inability to control his emotions and perhaps his old school approach were bound to catch up with him at some point in this day and age I suppose. Would be nice if that 2nd chance was at Wichita State with the appropriate conditions. But doesn't sound like that will happen.
                        I could not have said this better
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• 2020 really does suck. But the fact it's not confirmed by Taylor is good news, as he went directly to sources and it's still up in the air. Surely Gregg is redeemable.

Picture this: today Gregg apologizes for any transgressions, the University puts him on a counseling program, and we keep on rolling. The national media goes nuts about it, providing the most press WSU has ever seen. "No bad press" right? and every single win during this revenge season on our way to the national championship is just icing on the cake, and a blip on WSU and to a lesser degree, Coach Marshall.

Coach donates money to a charity against violence, ongoing, to further stem the doubters about his rehabilitation.

​​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

He’s only 53 so he’s got plenty of years left if he can stay healthy and motivated.

Also, he’s 53 so might not be interested in doing a lot of job hopping if he is successful here.

Obviously it’s all just speculation since he turned down good money at GA three years ago. Then again the WSU basketball job is >>> than GA basketball IMO.
                            Matta's only 53? I would of thought he was in his sixties.

Comment

• Originally posted by XManCometh View Post

Glad to see the racists are upset about this. Means the University did the right thing, even if it took them a month too long.
                              Cold? ; D

Comment

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                                IF, and that’s a big if this is true...you would have to think that there is already a succession plan in place being this close to the season.
                                From my email exchanges with WSU Administration I am doubtful a meaningful succession plan exists.

For those of you interested in IMO the best possible hire for the Shockers, Furman has already taken steps to secure Bob Richey's employment, two excerpts from the attached link

"Bob Richey has done an outstanding job as our head coach and we are thrilled that this extension will keep him in Greenville for the foreseeable future," said Donnelly. "Bob is the right leader for our program, on and off the court, as well as in the community, and his impact has been felt across all areas of our university. In addition to back-to-back record-breaking seasons, Furman basketball has been recognized by the NCAA with a perfect 1,000 Academic Percentage Rating (APR). This extension, which was previously agreed to in March, is indicative of our confidence in Bob and our commitment to our men's basketball program."

"The 37-year-old Richey ranks ninth among all active NCAA Division I coaches with a .737 winning percentage. He is the youngest coach among the top 25 winningest coaches with more than 50 games of experience at the Division I level. Along with winning on the court, Richey also created Furman's "FURther the MAN" program in 2017, which teaches players how to win in life after basketball. The program focuses on leadership development, life skills, mentoring, access to nationally known speakers, connection and giving back to the community."
                                The 37-year-old Richey ranks ninth among all active NCAA Division I coaches with a .737 winning percentage

Comment

Working...
                                X