X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
      Paywall. Can someone give me a summary?
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Team is working hard. JUCO guys are playing hard and the rest of the team feeds off of them. Post players are getting better offensively but still need to work defensively. The returning players have taken a leadership role. He's excited, but hasn't had time to think about what it means for himself, he is more concerned with the students. Told the players that he's the coach, but the program is their program and they need to run with it.

Comment

You might just buy the Taylor (sports only) edition. 3 bucks for 3 months which will cover most of the season.

Comment

• Also of note Brown is really high on Clarence Jackson. Said that not only is he a terror on the boards but his offense game is better than they expected. Thing to keep in mind is even though hes JUCO he's only a Sophomore ... so if we can hold onto the team .. could be a bright spot in the coming years.

Comment

• He said that he told the team he would need everyone sometime throughout the year to help win a game. Whether that was from a rebound, etc. Really, he mentioned all of the returners and juco players . Tyson, Dexter, Trey, Alterique, and Morris were mentioned first (most likely starters). The three juco players, Poor Bear, and Josephat were also mentioned by name saying how impressive the juco players were and that he would need the three Centers. Only players not mentioned by name were the new Freshmen players, and walkons.

Comment

• Was there any mention of the report from the Chapman's that WSU never sent him an LOI to sign? I'd be curious as to what happened there and/or if that really did happen. Not that Sterling would have signed it, just curious.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  Was there any mention of the report from the Chapman's that WSU never sent him an LOI to sign? I'd be curious as to what happened there and/or if that really did happen. Not that Sterling would have signed it, just curious.

Nothing yet but it was mentioned in the article yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                    Was there any mention of the report from the Chapman's that WSU never sent him an LOI to sign? I'd be curious as to what happened there and/or if that really did happen. Not that Sterling would have signed it, just curious.

Comment

Coach Brown saying all the right things. Says he has been focusing on his players and on the team more than on the situation he finds himself in. While he is the head coach he has told the players he wants this to be their team and wants them to be the leaders of the team.

While picked 7th out of the 11 AAC teams internally the Shockers believe they are capable of competing for an NCAA berth. The biggest challenge will be replacing Jaime Echenique at the 5 with Udeze, Poor Bear-Chandler and Bilau. Coach Brown thinks they can handle it but they need to stay out of foul trouble.

Sounds like Clarence Jackson has been the biggest positive surprise among the newcomers.

I think it is a positive that none of the players have asked to transfer or have opted out of the season due to Covid-19. Of course, what kind of a season we end up with is still up in the air.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Nothing yet but it was mentioned in the article yesterday

Would he have signed it if it had been sent?

Comment

• NM

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Bingo.

I know he’s a WSU fan and he wanted to play for Marshall, but if he was hell bent on WSU, he’d have waited a few days for the dust to settle.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Would you sign with a school that didn't have a full Head Coach under contract for the year you would be arriving?

Comment

Working...
                                X