2020-21 season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
    Article from November 24, 2020. Talks about numerous things, including the investigation, coaching search, and covid:

If it truly was a surprise to him... He's either lieing or horrible at his job... Maybe both.

Also hope they aren't really just waiting until the end of the year to do any coach searching.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
      Article from November 24, 2020. Talks about numerous things, including the investigation, coaching search, and covid:

Based on that, we should know about scheduling plans going forward any time.

Comment

• Boatright sucks ass.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
          Boatright sucks ass.
          Don't you get the feeling that Boatright is gone sooner rather than later? It seems he is just taking the Gregg Marshall second statement strategy to get insure he gets his golden parachute when the new President comes aboard and hires a new AD. Why would the guy make such stupid statements?

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

If it truly was a surprise to him... He's either lieing or horrible at his job... Maybe both.

Also hope they aren't really just waiting until the end of the year to do any coach searching.
            There's not much they can do in regards to officially opening a coaching search considering the season has started. Nobody is interviewing or talking about changing jobs right now. You pretty much have to wait to the end of the season. Unless you limit yourself to only coaches that are currently not working.

Now, come March or so, they could probably start casually reaching out to some agents to see if there could be potential interest when the time comes, but one would think now is not that time.

Everyone knows the job is open. Even IB would have to interview for the job at the end of the season to keep it. I'm sure there will be some agents that reach out to WSU towards the end of the season as well.

For now, you do your homework. You update your list and figure out what you want to start doing when the time is right.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Shaka Smart's brother or cousin or chauffer calls Doc or somebody and hints that he might have an interest if certain things were to happen......

Comment

• Doc has talked Shaka into taking the job? Thanks terrific news! Well done Doc!!

Comment

• I'm lost with how the rules vary from team to team.

Comment

• I don't get it

Comment

• Win at all costs?
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• So we have a member of our travel party test positive and we can’t play for 2 weeks. Other teams can just sit out the player(s) that test positive. Am I understanding this correctly?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          So we have a member of our travel party test positive and we can’t play for 2 weeks. Other teams can just sit out the player(s) that test positive. Am I understanding this correctly?
                          This is how they get around it. It's all in the wording.

Last edited by wichshock65; November 27, 2020, 10:33 AM.

Comment

He didn't say what specifically was a surprise to him. Maybe what surprised him is that these incidents came back to haunt the program 5 years after the fact when he thought they had dodge that bullet.

Still wonder though if the investigation found additional incidents/issues/concerns that have not been made public. We don't have the needed transparency to know that at this point and perhpas we never will.

Comment

I'm lost with how the rules vary from team to team.
                              Obviously the rules vary from team to team and perhaps for locale to locale depending on where the teams are from or where the game is being played. In the Shocks' situation my understanindintg is the the rules applied were established by the organizer of the tournament and not the teams themselves.

Furthermore, I can see situations where one team wirh some kind of Covid-19 exposure thinks it is okay to play but its opponent doesn't think it is okay to play and declines to play.

In any case, my expectations are that the cancellations will continue to be a regular feature of this season.for many, if not all, programs around the country. Hopefully, we are back to normal by next fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

He didn't say what specifically was a surprise to him. Maybe what surprised him is that these incidents came back to haunt the program 5 years after the fact when he thought they had dodge that bullet.

Still wonder though if the investigation found additional incidents/issues/concerns that have not been made public. We don't have the needed transparency to know that at this point and perhpas we never will.
                                Early on in he interview Baker made a comment that he had seen Marshall cross the line before. Now Gottlieb did not follow-up, but that made me wonder if there was more situations than that have talked about or was a bad choice of words by baker, or Baker has different standard crossing the line.

Comment

Working...
                                X