Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pogo
    replied
    Just give the mortuary a call. I'm sure there are still passes available.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    Originally posted by pogo View Post
    Got my parking pass at the Mortuary North of the arena yesterday. Beautiful morning and a few people in line ahead of me. No crush of people to get a parking pass this year so that tells me that the need is reduced substantially this year. Most of the talk was on speculation of what ultimately caused the resignation of Dr. Golden and what will the ultimate seating look like at CKA this year. We were socially distanced and wearing masks so we were socially correct. There was a man about my age 70ish and he was just a really upset man. I swear if I get to be like that I am going to just stay home and away from everyone. Complained about wearing masks, socially distancing, the lack of information about seating at CKA and he never got notified about the time or date on first crack at the parking passes available at the mortuary. The biggest thing was the lack of information about how tickets would be handled. He couldn't or wouldn't grasp how electronic tickets would work and how everyone are idiots at the athletic office because they didn't already know how things would go this year. Really upset that tickets could be like baseball tickets were handled when the season got shut down in that you could get a refund or roll the credit over to next year or make it a donation. Apparently none of those options were suitable to him. He was really feeling the stress of the new normal or maybe he always complains about most things.
    How/where/when can I get a parking pass?

Leave a comment:

• pogo
    replied
    Got my parking pass at the Mortuary North of the arena yesterday. Beautiful morning and a few people in line ahead of me. No crush of people to get a parking pass this year so that tells me that the need is reduced substantially this year. Most of the talk was on speculation of what ultimately caused the resignation of Dr. Golden and what will the ultimate seating look like at CKA this year. We were socially distanced and wearing masks so we were socially correct. There was a man about my age 70ish and he was just a really upset man. I swear if I get to be like that I am going to just stay home and away from everyone. Complained about wearing masks, socially distancing, the lack of information about seating at CKA and he never got notified about the time or date on first crack at the parking passes available at the mortuary. The biggest thing was the lack of information about how tickets would be handled. He couldn't or wouldn't grasp how electronic tickets would work and how everyone are idiots at the athletic office because they didn't already know how things would go this year. Really upset that tickets could be like baseball tickets were handled when the season got shut down in that you could get a refund or roll the credit over to next year or make it a donation. Apparently none of those options were suitable to him. He was really feeling the stress of the new normal or maybe he always complains about most things.

Leave a comment:

• ShockAzs
    replied
    Trevin looks dynamic. I hope he can make a quick transition to D1, because when it clicks for him we're going to see some amazing explosions. I'm thinking a mini cotton on defense and some great footwork going down hill, which is what I am really loving.

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I'm not sure what the qualifying statement was, and I wasn't criticizing your post. It just seemed to come out of left field for Trevin, and seemed to be a description of some of our past point guards who were not pass first point guards. I take you at your word that it wasn't meant as a criticism of Trevin.

I don't know anything about him except that he was a player of the year at where he played, and everyone can see he is athletic.
    Ok

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I just hope he can keep his head up and see the whole floor when dribbling the ball.
    I'm not sure what the qualifying statement was, and I wasn't criticizing your post. It just seemed to come out of left field for Trevin, and seemed to be a description of some of our past point guards who were not pass first point guards. I take you at your word that it wasn't meant as a criticism of Trevin.

I don't know anything about him except that he was a player of the year at where he played, and everyone can see he is athletic.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    What is the latest news on if/when we get to watch some NCAA basketball?

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Does he have a reputation for putting his head down while dribbling in the past or is there another reason for this speculation?
    Reread my post. It contains a qualifier and not a scant of speculation.

Hope this kid can give us good minutes while A. Gilbert is sitting, or injured. We can go with Porter at the point too, if needed. That's a good luxury to have for GGG, because he knows one can never have too many guards that can see the whole floor. It's been proven time and again to be the primary template for successful D1 teams (guard play).
    Last edited by ShockingButTrue; September 28, 2020, 04:20 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Stickboy46
    replied
    Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Yeap that is really impressive and I have seen that video before. But as they say, that is juco basketball. I am not suggesting in any way that he will not be good at WSU. But I have yet to see any juco player signed by the shocks come in do what they did in juco in their first year. This is Division 1 basketball in a very athletic AAC. I truly hope he makes a contribution this year because the Shocks need him and all the other juco players signed by WSU to raise their game in this first year. Go Shocks.
    The talent is there. And if he's at all like his brother... The effort and attitude will be there too.

Leave a comment:

• TheShocktocles
    replied
    Originally posted by Dan View Post
    Trevin Wade highlights for anyone wondering what he can do in a game......
    Yeap that is really impressive and I have seen that video before. But as they say, that is juco basketball. I am not suggesting in any way that he will not be good at WSU. But I have yet to see any juco player signed by the shocks come in do what they did in juco in their first year. This is Division 1 basketball in a very athletic AAC. I truly hope he makes a contribution this year because the Shocks need him and all the other juco players signed by WSU to raise their game in this first year. Go Shocks.

Leave a comment:

• Shockm
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

I just hope he can keep his head up and see the whole floor when dribbling the ball.
    Does he have a reputation for putting his head down while dribbling in the past or is there another reason for this speculation?

Leave a comment:

• Dan
    replied
    Trevin Wade highlights for anyone wondering what he can do in a game......

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post

Yes indeed. That is some SERIOUS hops. But we have had guys in the past that had serious hops but did not make much of a contribution to the team success. For example Eric Hamilton and C.J. Keyser come to mind. What I like to know as a point guard is if Trevin Wade is able to play defense? Can he shoot a better percentage from the free throw line compared to what he has shown in the past? Can he run the offense without turning the ball over? I guess time will tell us the answers to these questions. But I am really hoping that he is able to put that outstanding athleticism to better use than some of the players in the past.

Leave a comment:

• TheShocktocles
    replied
    Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    Trevin Wade is listed at 5'10"? Dude has some SERIOUS hops!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFnj-QUg...d=14qe07nj20w2
    Yes indeed. That is some SERIOUS hops. But we have had guys in the past that had serious hops but did not make much of a contribution to the team success. For example Eric Hamilton and C.J. Keyser come to mind. What I like to know as a point guard is if Trevin Wade is able to play defense? Can he shoot a better percentage from the free throw line compared to what he has shown in the past? Can he run the offense without turning the ball over? I guess time will tell us the answers to these questions. But I am really hoping that he is able to put that outstanding athleticism to better use than some of the players in the past.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    Trevin Wade is listed at 5'10"? Dude has some SERIOUS hops!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFnj-QUg...d=14qe07nj20w2

Leave a comment:

Working...
X