No announcement yet.

Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My main man. Of course, these days that would have been 3 of his who knows how many points.

Comment

• Dave was really special. I remember the game against Michigan and Cazzie Russell. What a game!!!!! Go Shockers.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        This may have been posted before, as it's a year old, but here's an interview with the Praylow twins. The bulk of the WSU talk starts around the 51-minute mark. But earlier on they mention how their high school coach didn't tell them most of the schools who were interested in them. They only knew that WSU offered them both and he told them it was the best place for them.

https://lost-lettermen.com/index.php...ishop-ballers/

There's also a great humanitarian story that starts about at the 1 hour, 11 minute mark. They talk about reaching out to "Xavier", who I assume to be X-Man.
        Great to hear their stories. Tremendous example of how good parenting molds you for success. I’m glad that their experience was good in Wichita. Keep supporting WSU. It does make a difference in these athletes lives.
        Last edited by Kung Wu; August 16, 2022, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
          Dave was really special. I remember the game against Michigan and Cazzie Russell. What a game!!!!! Go Shockers.
          I still shake my head at some of Ross’s games; the dude could tickle the twine with the best and stroke from every direction​​​​. As they said back in our day, Ross was the bee’s knees.

Led University team to third place in National AAU tourney. Named as center on All-American first team; first basketball player to be so named to All-American team; member of team, 1926-29; Captain, 1928; selected as member of several all-star teams; member of Wichita Henry¹s Clothiers Team who won three National AAU Championships, 1930; 1932, selected 1st team NAAU. Charter Inductee, 1979.

P.S. Dear new ADKS; hang Ross’s jersey in the rafters where it belongs.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "Count your Blessings" Here's a nice story and memories of a former player who could have been really good?

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...264593756.html

Comment

• The great Shoeless Cheese Johnson:

Comment

• RK putting in the work in Tasmania.

Comment

• Jaime had 9 points and 8 rebounds in 25.5 minutes.

Comment

• Toure Murray has decided to retire from playing professionally.

Comment

• I could see Toure' becoming a pretty good coach one day.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Great playing career and seems to really have his priorities in order. Happy for him. I forgot he played in so many NBA games. Looking forward to seeing how his next chapter plays out.

Comment

• Originally posted by giskard View Post
                          Toure Murray has decided to retire from playing professionally.
                          When Fred was in summer ball before his rookie season, he squared off against Toure. Toure locked him up. Not sure I had seen that before or since.

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post

When Fred was in summer ball before his rookie season, he squared off against Toure. Toure locked him up. Not sure I had seen that before or since.
                            In my lifetime the most physical Shocker guard I have witnessed.

Comment

• Ron Baker doesn’t become Ron Baker without Toure Murry. I remember Ron once talking about how he hated having to go up against Toure every day in practice during his redshirt season.
                              78-65

Comment

• Toure was a great player. I’m sure he will be successful as a coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X