Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Most of us thought he was capable of a longer NBA career, but he did play for one year in the NBA. I would count several other Shockers as NBAer's, because they had short NBA careers. Ron, Toure, and more were all NBA players.
    Cle played 2 years in the NBA. 39 games in 2014 and 17 in 2015. Temp assignments in Westchester. Cle was an NBA player. Cle got shot and robbed after going to a strip club one night. I don’t know how many nights he went to strip clubs. Let all those who have never been to a strip club cast the first stone at Cle’s character. I think Cle has great character. His choice of Universities is my first evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

Cle played 2 years in the NBA. 39 games in 2014 and 17 in 2015. Temp assignments in Westchester. Cle was an NBA player. Cle got shot and robbed after going to a strip club one night. I don’t know how many nights he went to strip clubs. Let all those who have never been to a strip club cast the first stone at Cle’s character. I think Cle has great character. His choice of Universities is my first evidence.
      Bingo!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

I won’t cast a stone even though I’ve never been to a strip club. However, great character is a bit too much. He did place himself in a dangerous situation which many don’t. I’m glad he lived to tell about it because he isn’t a bad dude.

Comment

• He is no Ghandi but he has better character than 99.9% of those who came from his situation. Gotta give a lot of props there.
          Brummett throws, STRUCK HIM OUT! THE SHOCKERS ARE NATIONAL CHAMPIONS! AN UNBELIEVABLE STORY!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
            Joe Rags throwing down some heat!

Interesting. My wife and I will be in Jerusalem in a couple of days.

Comment

• Love Joe Raguland, I remember when he lit up Las Vegas Nevada. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                Love Joe Raguland, I remember when he lit up Las Vegas Nevada. Go Shocks.
                He and Rob Barker were two of the best shooters of the Marshall era.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Not sure if this has been brought up anywhere else. Demetric Williams to coach Newton.

Comment

• Originally posted by eeshocker View Post
                    Not sure if this has been brought up anywhere else. Demetric Williams to coach Newton.

https://www.kwch.com/2022/06/01/newt...4i9yRAXVQjQsP8
                    Good for Demetric. He was always a good kid. Was a glue guy and a nice transition between the early and later Marshall squads.

Funny story, his high school teammate coached the middle school girls team for my wife's school (my wife is the head varsity coach) during the 20-21 season. This individual was notably late to their games, which are only on Saturday mornings and afternoons.

I feel good that Demetric's coaching career will be more consistent than his high school teammate's.
                    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by eeshocker View Post
                      Not sure if this has been brought up anywhere else. Demetric Williams to coach Newton.

https://www.kwch.com/2022/06/01/newt...4i9yRAXVQjQsP8
                      Very underrated player.

Comment

• Awesome! Congrats to Demetric!

Comment

• Originally posted by BostonWu View Post

Very underrated player.
                          While he saw minutes in each of the NCAA tourney games, they were reduced a lot from what he had done during the rest of the season. Some may be surprised that he played 30+ minutes in 16 games and 25+ in another 8 that season.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

While he saw minutes in each of the NCAA tourney games, they were reduced a lot from what he had done during the rest of the season. Some may be surprised that he played 30+ minutes in 16 games and 25+ in another 8 that season.
                            I remember from the Final 4 DVD that Gregg referenced that Demetric was banged up towards the end of that season. Also, Ron’s injury probably gave Demetric a lot of minutes that went away once Ron returned.
                            78-65

Comment

• Demetric's minutes went down late in his career at WSU, but he never complained or created locker room poison over it. He continued to do what he could and what he was asked to do to contribute to the team's success.

we've had more than our share of players since then who did not share that attitude.

Comment

• Demetric end to end was still one of the fastest I’ve seen in a Shocker uniform.

Tony Martin may have him beat but not by much.

Comment

Working...
                                X