• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Asbjorn stroking threes. Gotta love it!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

I would not put changing eye doctors and financial advisors in the same category
      Maybe not "changing" but it is possible to start using one, based on name recognition. Say, for example, a younger person who needs to get hooked up with eye doctor or financial advisor.
      78-65

Comment

I would not put changing eye doctors and financial advisors in the same category
        Is one more serious than the other? I would think that both occupations could cause a really big problem for their clients in totally different ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Is one more serious than the other? I would think that both occupations could cause a really big problem for their clients in totally different ways.
          one is easier to switch than others. Now you can give me the random example of some guy with severe eye problems but no investments. Yes, I get it.

Comment

Nor would I simply base my decision upon athletic affiliation. Few things are more important in life than health and finances.

Comment

• This has been an interesting discussion regarding eye doctors and financial advisors. Haha. Both very necessary for a lot of people.
              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• If you are a financial advisor these days you might want to seek clients who haven't been to the eye doctor in a while...

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                  If you are a financial advisor these days you might want to seek clients who haven't been to the eye doctor in a while...
                  Whereas some of us feel like our financial advisor needs to see an eye doctor, preferably one who already has a financial advisor with good eyesight.

Comment

• As a certified financial planner who doubles as an outside chief investment officer that manages investment portfolios for other financial advisors and their clients (at other firms), there are quite a few good financial advisers locally.

however, not very many of them are good at managing money. in fact, there are ONLY two locally that I would hire to manage my own money.

Comment

• Originally posted by abdullah_sharif View Post
                      As a certified financial planner who doubles as an outside chief investment officer that manages investment portfolios for other financial advisors and their clients (at other firms), there are quite a few good financial advisers locally.

however, not very many of them are good at managing money. in fact, there are ONLY two locally that I would hire to manage my own money.
                      Not sure who you might be referring to, but as someone who works in the same space, I generally agree.

Also, hire a fiduciary that has CFPs on staff. A broker/dealer will rake you over the coals with fees and try to sell you God-knows-what.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Guess I 'missed the boat' many moons ago...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Wow it must be the offseason lol

Comment

• This may have been posted before, as it's a year old, but here's an interview with the Praylow twins. The bulk of the WSU talk starts around the 51-minute mark. But earlier on they mention how their high school coach didn't tell them most of the schools who were interested in them. They only knew that WSU offered them both and he told them it was the best place for them.

https://lost-lettermen.com/index.php...ishop-ballers/

There's also a great humanitarian story that starts about at the 1 hour, 11 minute mark. They talk about reaching out to "Xavier", who I assume to be X-Man.
                            Last edited by RoyalShock; August 8, 2022, 09:38 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Can’t help but think this is because of the Kentucky game.
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X