No announcement yet.

Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Broncos had a tight end that was a former basketball player at Portland State. Julius Thomas. He played for us for a few years and worked out pretty well. He was tall and mobile, made for an easy target for Manning across the middle. Wade fits that mold pretty well.
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• I didn't realize Thomas was a basketball player.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
        The Broncos had a tight end that was a former basketball player at Portland State. Julius Thomas. He played for us for a few years and worked out pretty well. He was tall and mobile, made for an easy target for Manning across the middle. Wade fits that mold pretty well.
        The Chiefs nemesis Antonio Gates also played basketball and not football in college, and ended up being a great TE in the NFL for the Chargers.
        I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

• Tony Gonzalez played basketball at Cal. The NFL thing worked out pretty well for him.
          Go Shocks!

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
            I would love to see KC give him a shot
            Chiefs already have a basketball project that has been on their practice squad all year. Mark Vital, 6’5” 250 lb PF from Baylor, and now TE is on the Chiefs. I can’t see them taking on another project now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Woodrow View Post

The Chiefs nemesis Antonio Gates also played basketball and not football in college, and ended up being a great TE in the NFL for the Chargers.
              He has a little of that Gates look to him. I think it’s great that he’s giving it a shot. Hope he catches on somewhere.

Comment

• Always thought Carl Hall should have given the TE thing a shot. And Cotton strong safety.

Comment

• Wade looks like a basketball player trying to be a tight end and not like the previous examples given in this thread. This will be a failed experiment.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post
                    Tony Gonzalez played basketball at Cal. The NFL thing worked out pretty well for him.
                    The difference there is Tony played college football as well.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Landry is good. I like it that he is now playing for Phoenix. I hope they win the championship. Thank goodness for the NBA. The only thing to watch other than the Shockers softball team. Those ladies got game. Go Shocks.

Comment

• Good for Rod Brown! Excellent work.

Comment

• That is awesome! Good, no, great for Rod Brown!

Didn't the Bradley Braves have a kid some time recently that was a 4 on the basketball team that played in the NFL, maybe for the Colts?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            That is awesome! Good, no, great for Rod Brown!

Didn't the Bradley Braves have a kid some time recently that was a 4 on the basketball team that played in the NFL, maybe for the Colts?
                            Mo Alie-Cox from VCU. Still playing a lot for the Colts.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Mo Alie-Cox from VCU. Still playing a lot for the Colts.
                              Good call, but I am still remembering someone from Bradley (but I'm getting old and frail and my memory plays tricks on me at times).

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Good call, but I am still remembering someone from Bradley (but I'm getting old and frail and my memory plays tricks on me at times).
                                Marcus Pollard.

Marcus Pollard (3) Forward - Signed to the Indianapolis Colts practice squad as a tight end after the 1995 preseason training camp and was activated midway through
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X