Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    Demetric end to end was still one of the fastest I’ve seen in a Shocker uniform.

Tony Martin may have him beat but not by much.
    He loved hiding behind EO as he brought the ball up and then blow by him in a sprint for the hoop once he passed the half court.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• That's a nice looking photo of Demetrius on goshockers.com. . The man will live in Shocker history with that photograph of him, C. Luffille and Cle on the cover of Sports Illustrated. Good luck to him.
      Last edited by TheShocktocles; June 4, 2022, 11:53 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Paul will always have a special place in my eyes. Loved his game as he continued to improve.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• I remember Paul giving the Seminoles front line hell in the Roundhouse. Talk about putting a body on somebody!

Comment

• Paul, his Senior year was really good. While never an NBA prospect, a team can be a Top 10-15 team with a Center who has the talent of the Senior Paul Miller. Now, his back up was 6'5 so depth is a really good thing, and something that Marshall teams were better at building up, than Turgeon, who often played with 7 good players.

Comment

• That double-OT win at home against SIU (Falker, Tatum, Mullins, Young and GodShawGod) where Paul had 30 points is one of the best games (and one of the loudest, outside of the FSU NIT game) I've attended in person.

Box score for the Wichita State Shockers vs. Southern Illinois Salukis NCAAM game from February 4, 2006 on ESPN. Includes all points, rebounds and steals stats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post

Interesting. My wife and I will be in Jerusalem in a couple of days.
                  We leave Jerusalem for the brutal trip back to Kansas in a few hours. If anyone is considering a trip here do it! So spectacular.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Eric View Post
                    We leave Jerusalem for the brutal trip back to Kansas in a few hours. If anyone is considering a trip here do it! So spectacular.
                    Definitely on my bucket list of places to visit. Safe travels!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      Paul will always have a special place in my eyes. Loved his game as he continued to improve.
                      Same. Dude was the poster child for working your butt off to improve and ultimately seeing those results payoff.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Same. Dude was the poster child for working your butt off to improve and ultimately seeing those results payoff.
                        Also the poster child for being criticized for being too soft for 3 years. Paul should serve as an example of what a big man can become if the fans would just show some patience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Also the poster child for being criticized for being too soft for 3 years. Paul should serve as an example of what a big man can become if the fans would just show some patience.
                          And he really didn't deserve most of that his JR year. Some people don't understand that most bigs take time. They generally don't have to be physical in HS because few matchup with them. And there are some HS officials that hold their size against them or simply don't understand it and call things that shouldn't be called, which teaches many of them to be more cautious. But he made great strides his JR year and people wouldn't let go of the Fifi bullshit. Hell, people were still using it his SR year when he was anything but.

He also came back and put in work with Stutz.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

He also came back and put in work with Stutz.
                            Also someone who was criticized for being too soft (even by me at times). Both grew exponentially during their time at WSU.

I worked with Garrett on a group project during college and he couldn't have been more engaged. Really enjoyed him.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Also someone who was criticized for being too soft (even by me at times). Both grew exponentially during their time at WSU.

I worked with Garrett on a group project during college and he couldn't have been more engaged. Really enjoyed him.
                              I always cut him more slack than many, because of the fact that he grew up playing guard positions and hit a crazy late growth spurt that moved him inside. That was a big adjustment for anyone to make.

But I'm not sure he could have been a better human. I'm not the least bit surprised by your personal interaction.

Side note, I did some officiating with his brother. Also a wonderful cat and I hope he's still wearing the stripes, as he would have been a top notch official. I know my brother and I both enjoyed working with him. Positive attitude and a total sponge when it came to gathering info and feedback.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Side note, I did some officiating with his brother. Also a wonderful cat and I hope he's still wearing the stripes, as he would have been a top notch official. I know my brother and I both enjoyed working with him. Positive attitude and a total sponge when it came to gathering info and feedback.
                                Trevor?

Comment

Working...
                                X