Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    I've often wondered if you were in attendance. Such a bizarre game. You don't often hear a coach (especially one like Eddie who was very sure of himself) admit complete failure at how he handled that situation.
    Doc,
    One other memorable WSU/InSu game that I would rather forget.
    I was in touch with a HS Coach in SE Indiana who had one the states top players. Kid was a 6'$' swing player who was the real deal. We rode over together and had a good talk about WSU.
    I had contacted the Coaching staff who got us seats right behind the bench again - really close this time.
    Mike Cohen was the head coach and in the middle the game, got into a shouting match with some drunken Terre Haute hillbilly in the stands.
    It got to the point Cohen was more interested in arguing with the drunk than coaching his team. It ended with Cohen challenging the drunk to meet him in the parking lot after the game.

I was embarrassed to the 20th degree and needless to say, it was a very long and quiet trip back to SE Indiana with the recruit and his coach.
    Never heard from them again.

That is all.
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

• Does anyone know why Wichita State is not listed on Rival's web site for basketball? I think every team is on their except us.
      Last edited by Topshock; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
          Sports Illustrated Story:
          Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by WINGdingBALLfling View Post
              Shockers with the Knicks hasn't been a historically good thing. Best of luck to Landry
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Shockers with the Knicks hasn't been a historically good thing. Best of luck to Landry
                Recently history, correct...

"David A. Stallworth (December 20, 1941 – March 15, 2017) was an American professional basketball player. He played in the National Basketball Association (NBA) for eight seasons and was a member of the New York Knicks' 1969–70 championship-winning team."​

Dave Stallworth - Wikipedia

"He won an NBA Championship as a reserve for the Knicks in 1970.​"

Nate Bowman - Wikipedia
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Recently history, correct...

"David A. Stallworth (December 20, 1941 – March 15, 2017) was an American professional basketball player. He played in the National Basketball Association (NBA) for eight seasons and was a member of the New York Knicks' 1969–70 championship-winning team."​

Dave Stallworth - Wikipedia

"He won an NBA Championship as a reserve for the Knicks in 1970.​"

Nate Bowman - Wikipedia
                  Dave had a fortunate career ending in New York. But out of college, he was a high first round draft choice, expected to be headed for NBA stardom. His heart attack ended that speculation, and his career panned out as a reserve on some very good teams. He was a versatile player in the NBA.

Comment

Working...
                  X