Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Reporter to Rashard
    How did head coach Gregg Marshall groom and prepare you best for a professional career?
    Just to work hard. I’m able to take tough coaching and not to give myself to excuses. And enjoying the culture of winning
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• How about going the business route (with alumni) that many schools have followed in hiring an Athletic Director. Of course, we'd have to fire our present one first. How about a Tom Kosich type of hire? He's the type of person who would have a lot of the skills necessary to motivate the donors and make a big splash. There may be other possibilities, but it is a possible blue print to pursue.

Comment

• Hi all, we sat down with former Shocker Rashard Kelly. He joined us from Dijon France where he is this season. He's been overseas in Russia, Italy, and Turkey prior to this season.

We talked a little about college and about his experience playing overseas. We hope you enjoy!

In this episode we talk to Fredericksburg, Virginia native Rashard Kelly. He’s been a part of a lot of teams notable in the DMV before picking Wichita State ...

Comment

• If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
              Taylor might be a little over the top anointing them both as the 2 best players given that Coop was a sophomore and the team also had 3 more seniors in Sasha and the Praylow twins along with Gruff at the point. Coop was off the bench and didn't score much his freshman year, but he was double digit scorer that year (probably #2 in scoring). Without looking, I'm guess that team had 6 players within a 5-6 point scoring average of each other. Not knocking Coop at all as he's a favorite of mine.

Comment

• Wonder what it would take to get Coop on our staff? Hate seeing him wear that red!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Taylor might be a little over the top anointing them both as the 2 best players given that Coop was a sophomore and the team also had 3 more seniors in Sasha and the Praylow twins along with Gruff at the point. Coop was off the bench and didn't score much his freshman year, but he was double digit scorer that year (probably #2 in scoring). Without looking, I'm guess that team had 6 players within a 5-6 point scoring average of each other. Not knocking Coop at all as he's a favorite of mine.
                  Kind of thought the same, but I'm giving him grace....Grayer , i remember, as the epitome of smooth.....

Comment

• If I recall, Grayer was a 6'9" freak that could play all 5 positions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      If I recall, Grayer was a 6'9" freak that could play all 5 positions.
                      ... and a high level (I'd say equivalent to today's 4 star) recruit. I really liked watching him play.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

... and a high level (I'd say equivalent to today's 4 star) recruit. I really liked watching him play.

Some magazines had him as a Top 100 recruit iirc.

Smithson tried to play as a shooting guard (he had some guard skills) but he wasn’t a guard. Even though he had some perimeter skills, Grayer was most effective when he played closer to the basket and developed his low post and rebounding skills in addition to his high post and facing the basket (ball handling) skills. Thirty+ years ago, Steve Grayer became a difficult match up. Eddie Fogler, for all his sub par recruiting skills really raised Grayer’s skills and helped forge him into an All Conference player.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                          If I recall, Grayer was a 6'9" freak that could play all 5 positions.
                          I THINK 6'6", BUT PLAYED 6'9"

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

He was listed at 6’8 all four years on the roster. He played like he was 6’9 averaging 8 rebounds his Senior year. I’d be exhilarated if Mo Udeze would average 8 rebounds.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...tate/1987.html

Comment

• Originally posted by molly jabali View Post

6'8" per Shocker fact book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

He was listed at 6’8 all four years on the roster. He played like he was 6’9 averaging 8 rebounds his Senior year. I’d be exhilarated if Mo Udeze would average 8 rebounds.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb...tate/1987.html
                                Beat me to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X