X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
      Do they actually want him for the playoffs though? It seems like when everyone's healthy, he's the odd man out for some reason
      They have a two veteran guards in Caris Levert (averaging 16 ppg) and Donovan Mitchell (4 time all star averaging 28 ppg). CPJ is an undrafted rookie who will have to put in his time on the bench and fill in when needed. That's just how it is.

Comment

Comment

Comment

• Those were the days my friends…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              Those were the days my friends…

So that's why the Knicks always drafted or signed former Shockers. I get it now. Lol
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Those were the days my friends…

I wonder who else was playing in this event because it seems strange to me that Wichita State and Iona alone would sell out MSG.

But I have to remind myself that it was a different time in sports viewing. I remember reading that John Elway’s high school baseball team played Darryl Strawberry’s squad in the 1979 city championship game at Dodger Stadium. There were like 30,000 people in attendance. That’s just incomprehensible to me.

78-65

Comment

Comment

Larry Brown versus Eddie Fogler? Danny and the Miracles who won the NCAA Championship the next Season but could not win here at 21st. and Hillside. That game I watched on ("Shocker Vision" ? Or whatever it was called) at home in South Wichita. My yelling and screaming was so excessive towards the end that I was fortunate the neighbors didn't call in on me.

Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Apparently Monzy either left/kicked off/didn't qualify for this semester

Comment

• Portal?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          Portal?
                          Says professional.. and I think he's out of eligibility. Quick Twitter search had a few comments in the last week or so asking why he wasn't on the bench. I'm guessing not eligible for his final semester

Comment

• Better hope he ends with a degree. I don't foresee a pro career to lean on.

Comment

• WuShock16, Iona was led by three-time All-American Gary Springer and all-time leading scorer Steve Burtt. They were not bad back then.

NEW ROCHELLE, NY - The Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference celebrates its 40th anniversary throughout the 2020-21 academic year, continuing its mission to provide

Comment

• Toure Murry felt forever indebted to Wichita State Basketball watching the Shockers again:

Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Working...
                                X