Former Shockers Media Mentions & Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post

That move reminded me a bit of Wes Unseld when I saw him in the roundhouse. "Get in my way and you will get out of my way"
    Strong hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Please hammer don’t hurt em…

Comment

• Originally posted by insaneykaney View Post

I get the feeling if the tables were turned and it was called the "American virus" "Wichita virus" or something to that end you would take offense to that. If so, then the Golden Rule should apply. If you disagree, then enjoy your ignorance.
        Lots of viruses are named for where they originated. Why not this one? And no, the name American Virus, if the virus originated here, wouldn't bother me at all.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Nope. In the article it mentioned he was marrying Madison Freund. If you google 'Freund Midtgaard wedding' there's a web site with information on the wedding and it looks like their ceremony was live streamed on YouTube. The web site has a story on how they met in 2017 - she was on the WSU volleyball team and they met when the athletic department had the volleyball and basketball teams together for physicals and she started talking to him while they waited. The site also lists out the wedding party - Poor Bear-Chandler was one of the groomsmen.
          Madison was a volleyball player at WSU, grew up in Cheney. Great kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker82/85 View Post
            Is enlightened what you call typing the Lord’s Name in vain? All I did was present examples of originating places being used to name diseases. Enlightened is not the word I would use for doing gain of function work on a virus with the safety protocols of a dentist’s office in Wuhan, China.
            Two things...I can't agree enough about defaming the Lord's name....and two, oddly, my son studied in Wuhan 15 years ago for a month...small world...

Comment

• Mit finished with 3 points and 3 rebounds in 6 minutes yesterday. Not bad. Just needs to find more minutes, but looking more likely that he is auditioning for his overseas spot. Could be worse. Happy for the big fella.

Comment

• JE on the floor for Washington. Played good minutes first half. 4 points.

Comment

• JE led the Wizards with 15 points in 19 minutes. Also contributed 4 rebounds, 3 steals and a block. 5-9 from FG. Great game! He looked completely comfortable out there. Set some nice screens and looked good in the pick and roll.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                    JE led the Wizards with 15 points in 19 minutes. Also contributed 4 rebounds, 3 steals and a block. 5-9 from FG. Great game! He looked completely comfortable out there. Set some nice screens and looked good in the pick and roll.
                    Game got out of hand as soon as Kispert came in. Immediately started jacking up crap and making bad fouls on the other end.

Jaime looked good but you could tell he was getting gassed. Most impressive player on the floor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Game got out of hand as soon as Kispert came in. Immediately started jacking up crap and making bad fouls on the other end.

Jaime looked good but you could tell he was getting gassed. Most impressive player on the floor.
                      Ya, In the grand scheme of things I would say the score of the summer league games means about as much as who the Kardashian's are sleeping with at the moment.

He absolutely looked like the most fundamentally sound actual basketball player on the court.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                        JE led the Wizards with 15 points in 19 minutes. Also contributed 4 rebounds, 3 steals and a block. 5-9 from FG. Great game! He looked completely comfortable out there. Set some nice screens and looked good in the pick and roll.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• If Echenique keeps playing like that, he could get a two-way contract with somebody. Boards were a little low for the minutes, but he seemed to be having his will on offense.

Comment

• One of the best improvements the NBA has made in recent years is the two-way contract and actually utilizing the G-League. It used to be almost impossible to play your way into the league, but now even a single good Summer League game can entice a team to give a player a shot. I think Echenique has a great shot. Of all our bigs, he is one of the best rounded and that is really important in the modern NBA. Bigs really need good hands to do well offensively in the pick and roll, and good feet to stay in front of the fastest players in the world on the switch.

Comment

• https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...253464044.html

In Jamie's first opportunity of extended playing time he scored a team high 17 pts and holds the Nets first round pick to 0-6 from the field. Pretty impressive!!

Comment

• Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                                One of the best improvements the NBA has made in recent years is the two-way contract and actually utilizing the G-League. It used to be almost impossible to play your way into the league, but now even a single good Summer League game can entice a team to give a player a shot. I think Echenique has a great shot. Of all our bigs, he is one of the best rounded and that is really important in the modern NBA. Bigs really need good hands to do well offensively in the pick and roll, and good feet to stay in front of the fastest players in the world on the switch.
                                See FVV and Pascal Siakim for direct evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X