Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
    Jeff ******* (@GoodmanHoops) Tweeted:
    BREAKING: 6 top referees - including Ted Valentine, John Higgins and Roger Ayers - have been sent home from Indy due to one positive test and contact tracing, sources told @stadium. They went to dinner after hotel rooms not ready.

STORY: https://t.co/SPh4qF5Yay
    That was a very expensive dinner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steeleshocker View Post
      All AAC teams this year were in the top 160 of the NET, so the bottom actually did their part this year. Just need to get a full non-conference so Memphis / SMU / Cinci can put together a solid resume.
      Not at the end of the year. Several teams fell off

167 Temple
      168 Tulane
      180 ECU
      205 USF

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
        Anyone else interested to see the AM/Luka Garza matchup? Not that I think Grand Canyon wins or AM has some monster game, but I think it may be a lot closer then people think. Grand Canyon is pretty good defensively.
        AM runs the court as good as Garza does, and that's not a compliment to either player.
        Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 17, 2021, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Not at the end of the year. Several teams fell off

167 Temple
          168 Tulane
          180 ECU
          205 USF
          Honest question...how do these teams fall lower in the NET when their deep into conference play going against each other toward the end of the season? Did this type of "drop" happen to teams in P-5 leagues. I would assume so.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Is it safe to assume that we would not be in the first four if we either beat Cincinnati or Georgetown and Oregon State didn’t win their conference tournaments?

In that scenario I wonder what our seed would have been. Still a 11? 8, 9? If it’s the latter then maybe the loss to Cincinnati, while frustrating, could be a blessing in disguise.

For one, it’s a potential wake up call for the team that losing focus on the little things - defense, rebounding, exection, etc. - will eventually result in a close loss instead of win. Maybe they needed it all year if not for the fact that a loss would have cost them the AAC championship and/or an NCAA bid.

Additionally, I kind of like our draw to the second weekend. I’m not going to go so far as to predict three wins because I think all three teams are good and will require a Houston level effort by the Shockers but...

Drake is without one of their best players and their other guy is coming back after a long injury and just happens to play the position Dexter excels at defending.

USC might be the best of all three potential opponents on paper and they have an NBA center who will eat our lunch. Stop me if you’ve heard that about our NCAA opponent before. Obviously it’s not a one to one comparison, different teams, different players. Sounds like Mobley is more of a Wiseman type player. I dunno, USC just seems like a flame out candidate, I could be totally wrong.

Then of course there are the mighty Flagships. They are long and athletic and fly around on defense. We’ve seen a lot of teams like that in the American. They seem to have capable scorers even if they’re inconsistent. I see a lack of PG leadership they’ve had in the past. Hell, I’ve heard some people mention Eastern Washington as an upset pick. I doubt it but who knows.

Crazier things have happened but you gotta get by Drake first.

Comment

• I kinda thought we were a 10 seed if we beat Cincy and maybe an 8/9 if we won the conference tourney.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                Is it safe to assume that we would not be in the first four if we either beat Cincinnati or Georgetown and Oregon State didn’t win their conference tournaments?

In that scenario I wonder what our seed would have been. Still a 11? 8, 9? If it’s the latter then maybe the loss to Cincinnati, while frustrating, could be a blessing in disguise.

For one, it’s a potential wake up call for the team that losing focus on the little things - defense, rebounding, exection, etc. - will eventually result in a close loss instead of win. Maybe they needed it all year if not for the fact that a loss would have cost them the AAC championship and/or an NCAA bid.

Additionally, I kind of like our draw to the second weekend. I’m not going to go so far as to predict three wins because I think all three teams are good and will require a Houston level effort by the Shockers but...

Drake is without one of their best players and their other guy is coming back after a long injury and just happens to play the position Dexter excels at defending.

USC might be the best of all three potential opponents on paper and they have an NBA center who will eat our lunch. Stop me if you’ve heard that about our NCAA opponent before. Obviously it’s not a one to one comparison, different teams, different players. Sounds like Mobley is more of a Wiseman type player. I dunno, USC just seems like a flame out candidate, I could be totally wrong.

Then of course there are the mighty Flagships. They are long and athletic and fly around on defense. We’ve seen a lot of teams like that in the American. They seem to have capable scorers even if they’re inconsistent. I see a lack of PG leadership they’ve had in the past. Hell, I’ve heard some people mention Eastern Washington as an upset pick. I doubt it but who knows.

Crazier things have happened but you gotta get by Drake first.
                Two different questions there.

We would have been in the first four if we lost to cincy and neither Georgetown or Oregon State won. We probably would have still been playing Drake also. If only one of those teams won, we likely would have been playing UCLA.

As far as if we beat Cincy? Who knows. Probably a 10-11 IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

Honest question...how do these teams fall lower in the NET when their deep into conference play going against each other toward the end of the season? Did this type of "drop" happen to teams in P-5 leagues. I would assume so.
                  Remember, this isn't the RPI. Those teams must not have been playing as well relative to everyone else. That, and perhaps their non-conf foes were also not performing well down the stretch.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                    DUBulldog Expecting a check in anytime. Can do without McBulldog
                    Man, I haven't visited shockernet in years. Checking in, as asked.

Dawg_Tired says 'hi'

Hoping for a good ballgame Thursday. I'm hoping 'Tank' Hemphill is back. Bulldogs are definitely going to be without one all-conference player (Penn); hope it's not 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by DUBulldog View Post

Dawg_Tired says 'hi'

Hoping for a good ballgame Thursday. I'm hoping 'Tank' Hemphill is back. Bulldogs are definitely going to be without one all-conference player (Penn); hope it's not 2.

Sure! I hope tank is back. All the sweeter to beat you at "almost" your best ;).

No way he will be in 100% game shape though. Wonder how many minutes he will be able to go
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• IB comes in at #16.

Comment

Dawg_Tired says 'hi'

DU! Good to see you!

I tried to reset my password over at the Drake board but never received the email to do it. Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

DU! Good to see you!

I tried to reset my password over at the Drake board but never received the email to do it. Thoughts?
                            Let me look into it for you, Royal. Good to "see" you again.

Comment

Dawg_Tired says 'hi'

Been a while from reading your posts on the old ValleyTalk. Good to see you, but do not wish your Bulldogs well in their game.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Been a while from reading your posts on the old ValleyTalk. Good to see you, but do not wish your Bulldogs well in their game.
                                I definitely miss the old Valleytalk. Met a lot of good people there, and there's several Shocker fans I've met in real life thanks to that board. There's a newer MVC board, but just not the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X