2020-21 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by calfan View Post
    The worst power 5 conference received 5 bids. The American “power conference” received 2 bids. The Missouri Valley received 2 bids. The American Conference is a “mid-major” conference. WSU left the valley to join a “mid-major” conference?

The American Conference should be embarrassed. This conference needs to get a lot better next year. Memphis, SMU, and Cincinnati need to really step it up next year. Memphis has all that talent and can’t get into the real tournament. This conference is not good enough.

I think I feel a little better now.
    Memphis ain't got a point guard. They apparently can't depend on Lomax. I hope Penny sticks with the 'tweeners' and ignores going out and getting a good point guard/general.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post

Cinci has been on a great run the past 10 years. NCAA tournament appearances: 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019. They are hardly the problem. Heck. They are COVID and 1 game away from making it 11 in a row.
      No hate on Cinci.

When WSU missed the tourney, we (at least l) were saying they need to get back to where they belong; which is a tournament team.
      The Assman

Comment

• Since Wichita State joined the conference...

2018 - 3
        2019 - 4
        2020 - NA
        2021 - 2

I think people are putting way too much stock into the things that happened this year with NET, KenPom, bids, etc. It was a completely bizarre, unprecedented, outlier of a season that we’ll hopefully never experience again.

I could easily see Memphis and/or SMU making the tournament in a normal year. That’s the point though, who knows what would have happened so why freak out about it?

Comment

• This year is an outlier. I am NOT worried
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• AAC got a 2 seed and and 11 seed and had 2 other teams within striking distance of a bid. That 4 Tourney level teams. The MVC in one of their best years in a long time (not including WSU), had 2 Tourney level teams, one was an 8 seed and the other an 11 seed. No one else would have likely even made the CBI.

All of that with Cincy in a down year.

Still not even close to a comparable year between the two.

Comment

• Also of importance: Lowest NET rankings to make the tourney.

73 - St Johns (2019)
              72 - Wichita State (2021)
              70 - Michigan State (2021)
              63 - Arizona State (2019)
              61 - Minnesota (2019)

There is a reason none of those came from mid-major conferences ... we don't get in the tourney with a 72 NET from the MVC.

Comment

• Anyone else interested to see the AM/Luka Garza matchup? Not that I think Grand Canyon wins or AM has some monster game, but I think it may be a lot closer then people think. Grand Canyon is pretty good defensively.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                  Anyone else interested to see the AM/Luka Garza matchup? Not that I think Grand Canyon wins or AM has some monster game, but I think it may be a lot closer then people think. Grand Canyon is pretty good defensively.
                  I do look forward to that matchup. I think the big fella will show well, but Garza is a beast and Iowa has some pretty good guards as well. I expect Iowa to pull away late.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
                    Anyone else interested to see the AM/Luka Garza matchup? Not that I think Grand Canyon wins or AM has some monster game, but I think it may be a lot closer then people think. Grand Canyon is pretty good defensively.
                    I don't think they'll pull it off, but if Grand Canyon can get Garza into foul trouble they have a shot. They are pretty good for a 15 seed.

Comment

• I just want Midtgaard to show well enough against Garza to go get paid well somewhere to play next year. (and no I don't mean at KU)

Comment

• I watched AM in their final against New Mexico State.. He really would have been helpful here this year even though his foot speed is still not really improved. He is a solid player and I guess has the top field goal percentage in the country. I know he did very well in some of WSU's top games while he was here going against other *big* big men.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                          Huh? Did I miss something?

Twitter probably got tired of Gary Parrish talking about Memphis too :)

“[On Sunday], there was a system issue impacting accounts that Tweeted the word ‘Memphis’. The issue mistakenly requested that account owners delete those Tweets and temporarily limited their account features. The affected accounts are now reinstated and this issue has been resolved,” said a Twitter spokesperson via email.
                          Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Jeff ******* (@GoodmanHoops) Tweeted:
                            BREAKING: 6 top referees - including Ted Valentine, John Higgins and Roger Ayers - have been sent home from Indy due to one positive test and contact tracing, sources told @stadium. They went to dinner after hotel rooms not ready.

STORY: https://t.co/SPh4qF5Yay

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Mama View Post
                              Jeff ******* (@GoodmanHoops) Tweeted:
                              BREAKING: 6 top referees - including Ted Valentine, John Higgins and Roger Ayers - have been sent home from Indy due to one positive test and contact tracing, sources told @stadium. They went to dinner after hotel rooms not ready.

STORY: https://t.co/SPh4qF5Yay
                              That sucks
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• All AAC teams this year were in the top 160 of the NET, so the bottom actually did their part this year. Just need to get a full non-conference so Memphis / SMU / Cinci can put together a solid resume.
                                You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Working...
                                X