Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

You really can't figure that out?
    Figured it out just fine junior. Not that big of a deal. Kids are friends with everyone on Twitter he would be absolutely crazy not to try and get as much information about the program as he can while doing his due diligence. I would trust that he can make his own decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Figured it out just fine junior. Not that big of a deal. Kids are friends with everyone on Twitter he would be absolutely crazy not to try and get as much information about the program as he can while doing his due diligence. I would trust that he can make his own decision.
      LoadedFamily means Team Loaded I believe .. If i remember right they played AAU together. They are more than just friends and if Burton is leaving with a bad taste in his mouth ... our chances are low to get Nolley.

Not to mention that Nolley is likely to have his pick of schools anyway.

Comment

LoadedFamily means Team Loaded I believe .. If i remember right they played AAU together. They are more than just friends and if Burton is leaving with a bad taste in his mouth ... our chances are low to get Nolley.

Not to mention that Nolley is likely to have his pick of schools anyway.
        Ok, again if he is going to blindly believe JB and make his decision on that then so be it. Probably not the right attitude for the Shocks anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

I know you’re just making a comment but why so concerned with the other schools involved? Surely we’ve seen enough examples both ways to know that information along with number of stars can be misleading. As in, we’ve had guys who were recruited by other “name” schools and had stars but didn’t pan out. We’ve also had guys work out the opposite.
          That is all true. But in general the star thingy actually has some predictive power, it may not be 100% accurate, but still is helpful.

Comment

• The delta between the level of schools interested in our transfers, and the competitive pool of schools going after the potential replacements, is borderline terrifying.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              The delta between the level of schools interested in our transfers, and the competitive pool of schools going after the potential replacements, is borderline terrifying.
              Could not have said it better myself - thanks for posting this insight!

Comment

Ok, again if he is going to blindly believe JB and make his decision on that then so be it. Probably not the right attitude for the Shocks anyway.
                So you never read reviews on products you buy? You just accept the salesman who's paycheck depends on selling a products word?

And you've never asked former employees of a company about their experience before you changed jobs? You just blindly jumped in ...

If we are saying that a player that asks former players for insight is a BAD trait and we don't want them .. then we are the problem.

Comment

So you never read reviews on products you buy? You just accept the salesman who's paycheck depends on selling a products word?

And you've never asked former employees of a company about their experience before you changed jobs? You just blindly jumped in ...

If we are saying that a player that asks former players for insight is a BAD trait and we don't want them .. then we are the problem.
                  Yes, it is smart to do your research. It’s also important to be able consider the context of each source and make your own decision based on all factors.

Of course it’s up to the individual to assign importance to each input. Maybe he puts a lot of stock in what Jamarius says and that’s the end of it. Maybe he also wants to hear what Tyson, Dexter, coaching staff have to say and make a decision on all the factors.

Who knows?

Comment

• It is reasonable to be concerned that the program may have a bad reputation amongst recruits in the coming few years, whether warranted or not. The University should formulate a strategy to mitigate that, if they haven't done so already.
                    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                      It is reasonable to be concerned that the program may have a bad reputation amongst recruits in the coming few years, whether warranted or not. The University should formulate a strategy to mitigate that, if they haven't done so already.
                      Just curious .. not trying to say this in a negative way towards you, but what type of strategy would work for that?

Social media is impossible to control. Right now the common viewpoint on social media is that something is majorly wrong. Right or wrong that is what it is. How do you correct that? You can't throw players under the bus and blame it on them, that will only make it worse. Do you give views into practices? I guess you could create a lot of puff pieces with positive interviews from former players .. but will that help?

IMO need to keep marketing Fred and Landry. They have been hot stories lately in the professional world.

Comment

Just curious .. not trying to say this in a negative way towards you, but what type of strategy would work for that?

Social media is impossible to control. Right now the common viewpoint on social media is that something is majorly wrong. Right or wrong that is what it is. How do you correct that? You can't throw players under the bus and blame it on them, that will only make it worse. Do you give views into practices? I guess you could create a lot of puff pieces with positive interviews from former players .. but will that help?

IMO need to keep marketing Fred and Landry. They have been hot stories lately in the professional world.
                        ... unfortunately their stories have become a little 'cold' lately, but I don't disagree with your premise. Assuming Dexter and Tyson are the 'leaders' moving forward, I'd get them involved as much as the NCAA allows with recruiting. Coach Marshall always said current players do a lot of the recruiting once a kid gets on campus. The big question might be, how do you 'seal the deal' without getting a visit? Guess everyone will be facing the same issue, unless the player is in your backyard. No doubt, there's a lot of questions moving forward.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

If you have 10 or more high-level schools coming after you and they are all pretty much saying the same thing, how would you discern one from the other? Keep in mind, every good thing you can think of to sell this guy on about WSU, a lot of other teams coming after him have something equal or better to say.

If I know a former player from one of those schools, better believe I'm considering what he has to say. Especially when that team has had 7 guys jump ship this week.
                          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

If you have 10 or more high-level schools coming after you and they are all pretty much saying the same thing, how would you discern one from the other? Keep in mind, every good thing you can think of to sell this guy on about WSU, a lot of other teams coming after him have something equal or better to say.

If I know a former player from one of those schools, better believe I'm considering what he has to say. Especially when that team has had 7 guys jump ship this week.
                            Did I say he shouldn't consider it or talk to him? In fact, I said just the opposite.

Comment

Did I say he shouldn't consider it or talk to him? In fact, I said just the opposite.
                              The **** you did.
                              The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post

The **** you did.
                                Here is my post:

Wouldn't read too much in to it. These kids are friends with everyone on Twitter. I will trust that the kid can make his own decision. I would expect him to gather as much information as possible. It's smart.

Comment

Working...
                                X