No announcement yet.

Potential Transfers into program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s gonna become an annual roster reshuffling. Freshman season is just a test to see if you’re gonna be a major piece of the program or not.

Comment

• I'm confident we have the right 'bait' to land a few... Fish angry Coach Marshall, Coach Waterman, Dexter Dennis and Tyson Etienne!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• 3 in the Top 10 does speak will for WSU’s ability to recruit and develop. JB and ES wouldn't be getting nearly this much attention if it wasn't for their time here.

I think it wouldn't hilarious though if we replaced #4 and #5 for #1 and #2.
        The Assman

Comment

• HEARTOFALION
          @Ballerslife0
          Blessed to receive my 4th Division-1 offer from Wichita State University

Comment

• Another list where WSU are competing against nobodies...
            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
              Another list where WSU are competing against nobodies...
              Look at the transfer list and how many were coming from unknown nobody schools and going to P5 schools. One can't tell from these lists.

Comment

3 in the Top 10 does speak will for WSU’s ability to recruit and develop. JB and ES wouldn't be getting nearly this much attention if it wasn't for their time here.

I think it wouldn't hilarious though if we replaced #4 and #5 for #1 and #2.
                Do you trust the rating list from a basketball writer? Many he hasn't seen and others he has. He's seen our players (if he watched television) but how many of the players on Syracuse who hadn't played very much were high on his list, and the only thing he knew was that they were Top 100 out of high school? Maybe sometimes he's right, but I'm not sure his list means squat.

Comment

Another list where WSU are competing against nobodies...
                  I know you’re just making a comment but why so concerned with the other schools involved? Surely we’ve seen enough examples both ways to know that information along with number of stars can be misleading. As in, we’ve had guys who were recruited by other “name” schools and had stars but didn’t pan out. We’ve also had guys work out the opposite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

Do you trust the rating list from a basketball writer? Many he hasn't seen and others he has. He's seen our players (if he watched television) but how many of the players on Syracuse who hadn't played very much were high on his list, and the only thing he knew was that they were Top 100 out of high school? Maybe sometimes he's right, but I'm not sure his list means squat.
                    Well considering that some of the greatest players to come out of our program were highly coveted recruits, yes, I do care. Ron Baker was the exception to the rule, not the rule itself. Don't be duplicitous--there is high correlation between star rating and success in college basketball. I trust Marshall as an evaluator of talent, too, but to show concern when we are competing with St. Mary's school of the Blind is logical.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

Well considering that some of the greatest players to come out of our program were highly coveted recruits, yes, I do care. Ron Baker was the exception to the rule, not the rule itself. Don't be duplicitous--there is high correlation between star rating and success in college basketball. I trust Marshall as an evaluator of talent, too, but to show concern when we are competing with St. Mary's school of the Blind is logical.
                      Let’s not act like those are the only guys we’re going after. We are also looking at several players with multiple stars and “name” schools recruiting them.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

This list was a list of a basketball writer, not a 247 Star, Top 100 list, which is sometimes not correct either. You keep your eye on that list if you want but who knows how he evaluated player abilities.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                          I'm confident we have the right 'bait' to land a few... Fish angry Coach Marshall, Coach Waterman, Dexter Dennis and Tyson Etienne!

Sometimes there are better ways to fish, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Yes and we’re involved with offers to #1 and #2. I guess it’s all in your perspective. Glass half full here.
                            We aren't getting #1 .. him and JB appear to be good friends

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

We aren't getting #1 .. him and JB appear to be good friends

And...?

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

And...?
                                You really can't figure that out?

Comment

Working...
                                X