Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Is Trey Wade chopped liver?
    i said power forward, not small forward.

Comment

• Trey Wade is undersized as a PF:

Cincinnatti - Mamadou Diara - 6'8" 220 lbs.
      Houston - Fabian White - 6' 7" 230 lbs.
      Tulsa - Martins Ibangu - 6'8" 235 lbs.

Our guy was 6' 5" at the start of the season (he mysteriously grew an inch) and 220. ESPN is showing him (now) at 6' 6". But he's still giving up an inch or two and apparently 10-15 pounds almost every night (at least against what I would consider the conference elites). He hit a little less than 45% from the field and about 60% from the line for the season.

If he was about an inch taller and about 15 pounds heavier, he would be able to hold his own a little better.

This seems to be related to Marshall's go small line-up where he is recruiting a bunch of kids around the same height who are interchangeable. A 6' 6" PF might work if he was named Charles Barkley. Until or unless I see improvement, I will continue to be skeptical. And he won't have Echinique around attracting all the attention next year.

I am hoping he will improve next year. Not only because he stuck with the team, but also because he should be a major cog in our team next year.

Saying that, I hope going forward we try to get in on some bigger kids at that position.

Comment

• Is Caleb Grill not eligible to play immediately, or just if he came to the Shox?

Saw he said sit out transfer.
        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
          Is Caleb Grill not eligible to play immediately, or just if he came to the Shox?

Saw he said sit out transfer.
          I could be wrong but my understanding is that he will have to sit unless the NCAA passes that one-time transfer proposal in April. (Wonder if that vote hasn’t been derailed because of virus).

if my understanding is wrong hopefully someone on here can provide the correct info

Comment

• Originally posted by revenge_of_shocka_khan View Post
            Trey Wade is undersized as a PF:

Cincinnatti - Mamadou Diara - 6'8" 220 lbs.
            Houston - Fabian White - 6' 7" 230 lbs.
            Tulsa - Martins Ibangu - 6'8" 235 lbs.

Our guy was 6' 5" at the start of the season (he mysteriously grew an inch) and 220. ESPN is showing him (now) at 6' 6". But he's still giving up an inch or two and apparently 10-15 pounds almost every night (at least against what I would consider the conference elites). He hit a little less than 45% from the field and about 60% from the line for the season.

If he was about an inch taller and about 15 pounds heavier, he would be able to hold his own a little better.

This seems to be related to Marshall's go small line-up where he is recruiting a bunch of kids around the same height who are interchangeable. A 6' 6" PF might work if he was named Charles Barkley. Until or unless I see improvement, I will continue to be skeptical. And he won't have Echinique around attracting all the attention next year.

I am hoping he will improve next year. Not only because he stuck with the team, but also because he should be a major cog in our team next year.

Saying that, I hope going forward we try to get in on some bigger kids at that position.
            Your other examples are valid. However, Igbanu was a Center and never played PF. He was guarded by Our Centers (Echineque and lesser by AM) the entire game. They did a decent job on him. He was never guarded by TW or Dex.

Comment

• The UConn 4 was 6"10, so was the S Carolina 4

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                The UConn 4 was 6"10, so was the S Carolina 4
                We won both of those games. We did play PB some at the 4 in those games. I’m not against having another answer in addition to Trey W. However, you rarely have a 4 with enough flexibility to guard perimeter players either so it goes both ways. Teams go small and teams go big. But rarely can a 6’9 or 6’10 Forward go small too. Only the the top players can do that and they aren’t in the AAC and rarely are they on any team.

Comment

• RIch Kelly - Quinnipiac - 6'1" pg - Junior

Positive - 16.7 ppg - 4.5 apg - 42.3% fg - 39.6% 3pr - 89% ft

Negative - 2.9 TO

https://nextones.com/player/rich-kelly#RichKelly #QuinnipicacBobcats #NextOnesRich Kelly poured in a season-high 36 points and sparked a late run as Quinnipi...

Comment

• Jeff *******

@GoodmanHoops
                    ·
                    2h
                    It’s been one hour since he hit the portal and Bowling Green grad transfer Justin Turner has already heard from 30 schools.

Comment

Jeff *******

@GoodmanHoops
                      ·
                      2h
                      It’s been one hour since he hit the portal and Bowling Green grad transfer Justin Turner has already heard from 30 schools.
                      Justin Turner 19 ppg - 5 rebounds - 43% fg - 36% 3pt

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...in-turner-5097

Comment

• Was this kid recruited by Jans (staff)?

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

Was this kid recruited by Jans (staff)?
                          I think all that Jans crap went down in 15' and this kid signed in 16'. But yes, it seems very likely. This article says BG started talking to him his sophomore year. However, it also says he had a long relationship with new coach Michael Huger

Comment

• That's what a lot of young men might be saying to themselves if it doesn't pass.

Comment

Jeff *******

@GoodmanHoops
                              ·
                              2h
                              We need a senior pg, not a senior sg.
                              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• This dude looks good.

Justice Hill - 6' JUCO freshamn - PG (3 years remaining)

14 points, 4 assists

WSU has offered

Justice Hill, of the LRCA Warriors, had himself an outstanding season this past year. With the Arkansas Razorbacks potentially on the horizon, there was no b...

#1 pure point guard recruit in JUCO basketball

Comment

Working...
                                X