Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential Transfers into program

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Potentially a really good get fills a need in terms of both position, experience and class. He won't play 38 mpg like Fred did as this OZ guy claims because Fred only played 29 mpg as a senior and this is plenty. But this is just piece #1 of many more that need to happen. Good start though and perhaps will facilitate attracting the other needed pieces.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Potentially a really good get fills a need in terms of both position, experience and class. He won't play 38 mpg like Fred did as this OZ guy claims because Fred only played 29 mpg as a senior and this is plenty. But this is just piece #1 of many more that need to happen. Good start though and perhaps will facilitate attracting the other needed pieces.
      Pretty sure FVV had a bad hammy most of his senior year. I imagine there are several games where he didn’t get too many minutes and that brought his overall average down. Not trying to say that 38 minutes is going to happen just saying using FVV 29 minute a game average may not be that fair of a comparison.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post

        Pretty sure FVV had a bad hammy most of his senior year. I imagine there are several games where he didn’t get too many minutes and that brought his overall average down. Not trying to say that 38 minutes is going to happen just saying using FVV 29 minute a game average may not be that fair of a comparison.
        Okay, Ron averaged 31 mpg that year I think which maybe was skewed to the high side filling for FVV especially early in the year. Maybe the better comparison would be Malcolm Armstead who played 28.6 mpg. If Gilbert is getting 38 mpg that will mean we woefully lack depth at the point guard position. I'm not seeing anything close to that.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Shoxing Me Softly View Post

          Pretty sure FVV had a bad hammy most of his senior year. I imagine there are several games where he didn’t get too many minutes and that brought his overall average down. Not trying to say that 38 minutes is going to happen just saying using FVV 29 minute a game average may not be that fair of a comparison.
          Most of FVV having only 29 per game is that we had 4 games where we won by 30+ and another 7 games we won 20+. The Charleston Southern game that he got hurt, he played only 3 minutes and we won by 35. He wasn't needed in a lot of games and only played 22-26 minutes. He did have 16 games where he played 30+ minutes.

          Comment


          • I would bet the conversation was more like “I lost my 2 primary guards, they combined at point for 38 minutes a game. You don’t have to worry about minutes if you come here”.

            Comment


            • This would be maybe the biggest turnaround and the best "addition by subtraction" situation working out perfectly for the Shox. A TRUE PG. A 5* Burger Boy. Experienced. Tough. Defensive dog. Seriously, this might be as good as a get as Armstud. Armstud 2.0?

              I know I said I would slow my roll, but this has me PUMPED. Come here Gilbert, we need you!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ShockAzs View Post
                This would be maybe the biggest turnaround and the best "addition by subtraction" situation working out perfectly for the Shox. A TRUE PG. A 5* Burger Boy. Experienced. Tough. Defensive dog. Seriously, this might be as good as a get as Armstud. Armstud 2.0?

                I know I said I would slow my roll, but this has me PUMPED. Come here Gilbert, we need you!


                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

                Comment


                • Big South POY Carlik Jones is transferring. He will have a lot of high level offers - WSU should be one of them.
                  The mountains are calling, and I must go.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                    Big South POY Carlik Jones is transferring. He will have a lot of high level offers - WSU should be one of them.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

                      Comment


                      • So basically we have 4 groups of players we can recruit:
                        High School Recruits
                        JUCO Transfers
                        Transfers (sit out a year)
                        Graduate Transfers

                        Each group has its pros and cons I suppose. I hope we get a few of each. Some freshmen, some seniors, and some veterans who are looking for a role in a great program. Never again do I want to see 9 underclassmen struggle shooting together and the longest tenured player on the team doesn’t even play (AM). Hopefully HCGM has learned his lesson.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
                          I hear that the UConn graduate transfer PG picked WSU. That’s great news if true.
                          Any word on this? Doesn’t seem likely to me. This is all based on the twitter comment from some dude that does not seem to be officially connected with the UCONN team in any way. He said official announcement Wednesday but nothing came.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post

                            Any word on this? Doesn’t seem likely to me. This is all based on the twitter comment from some dude that does not seem to be officially connected with the UCONN team in any way. He said official announcement Wednesday but nothing came.
                            It's never done until it's official. Kids change their minds

                            ​​​

                            Comment


                            • But has there been any confirmation that there’s even a glimmer of truth to this other than that one random twitter guy?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by shock-it-to-me View Post
                                But has there been any confirmation that there’s even a glimmer of truth to this other than that one random twitter guy?
                                Maggie and Kellen randomly followed him on Twitter... take that for what you will.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X