• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

I'm sure Jeff ******* is on the case...

that he isn't.

Comment

• Oh WOW! JB giving us a whole 3 day heads up on his announcement. I will make sure to clear my calendar so I can tune in. Lol!

Capture.JPG

Comment

Oh WOW! JB giving us a whole 3 day heads up on his announcement. I will make sure to clear my calendar so I can tune in. Lol!

Capture.JPG
        I know what I would choose...
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Seton Hall just got a guard transfer, and I wish we played faster also

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            Seton Hall just got a guard transfer, and I wish we played faster also
            Clearly the Shocks were better as an uptempo team last season. I hated the slow down possession game, and GS was my least favorite because he held on to the ball so much. I, too, hope we play faster.

Comment

Oh WOW! JB giving us a whole 3 day heads up on his announcement. I will make sure to clear my calendar so I can tune in. Lol!

Capture.JPG

I'll go with Marquette.

Comment

• First shalt thou announce thy transfer into the portal. Then, shalt thou count down to four, no more, no less. Four shall be the number thou shalt count down to, and the number of the counting shall be four. Five shalt thou not count, nor either count thou three, excepting that thou then proceed to four. Six is right out! Once the number four, being the fourth number, be reached, then announceth thy announcement, who being the schools of the four, shall await.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Comment

Capture.JPG
                    ME
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                      lol
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• I’m thinking maybe starting all over May violate the transfer-bachelor-social media-ego stroking protocol.

Comment

• I liked JB but JV Shocker and Pinstripers likes JB a lot than I do and I really don’t care where he goes. He can build up his ego as much as he wants and I really don’t care. This does give us a small snapshot into some of his faults.

Comment

• HUH????

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                              HUH????

shitisms hashtag on Twitter
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                                I liked JB but JV Shocker and Pinstripers likes JB a lot than I do and I really don’t care where he goes. He can build up his ego as much as he wants and I really don’t care. This does give us a small snapshot into some of his faults.
                                You mean big head disease? LOL.

I liked JB's play from the first Shocker Madness he played as a freshman. Somebody with more time go and find my post. He really developed a part of the game that is completely underutilized - the mid range game. One of the few guards I can recall that was pretty good from the mid range, on any team. I see players pulling step back 3balls. I see players driving to try and get a layup. JB could find that mid range 10-15 ft shot and was actually pretty good at it. Takes a lot of reps to be able to hit those shots because the mechanism/release of the shot is a bit different than a long range 3ball.

But JB is not without his faults. He was actually kind of limited athletically in his ability to finish at the rim. Maybe that's just my perception. How do Tekele and JB compare physically? Don't imagine there's much difference, but Tekele was FAMOUS for his finishes at the rim. And he could shoot the 3 a bit. The game has changed enough that while the mid range is an important part of play, it favors long range shooters and drivers/finishers and drivers/dishers. While the Shocks were capable of hitting long range, they weren't exactly proficient at it as they probably could have been, because they were so limited in the driver/finisher/disher play. Lots of standing around on the perimeter hoping to be open for a shot. We had very few players running hard cuts on the baseline looking for open shots off baseline screens. Not that we had anyone that was capable of keeping their head up long enough to be able to make a decent pass to said player. Or maybe the offense was run how the staff wanted...I don't know what the answer is, but thought the Shox won a fair number of games given their liabilities offensively. Looking forward to next season, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X