No announcement yet.

2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just playing devil’s advocate...maybe that’s the reason some transfer...they know they’re not going to be in the NBA, and choose to have more “fun” than “work”.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      So if JB left because he didn’t like sacrificing PG minutes to Sherfield, why the heck did Sherfield leave? Have we even discussed his transfer or do we not care?
      When you try to please everyone... You end up pleasing no one... Just like the saying... When you got two starting QBs... You really don't have a true starting QB... Should have just stuck with Burton... And bring Sherfield off the bench... Then figure out rest later in the off-season. But sometimes things work out for the best for everyone... Looks like we got two dudes coming in that can run the point... And have plenty of minutes up for grab

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
        "All Kids Go To The NBA." Apprantly that's the new book kids are reading. These young D-1 players need to realize there are only about 450 NBA roster spots available with thousands of D-1 athletes competing for a spot. You may have potential and wind up getting drafted in the list of 60 every year...but instead of transferring all over the place...first try developing your game under a proven D-1 coach to grow and maximize your talent to help get you there!!! Unless you are a shoe-in Kentucky or Duke player...stop quitting and wanting to transfer to greener grass. It simply doesn't come that easy. You gotta grow up and work for it!
        Why would a player not trust a coach who has had 4 former players in the NBA in the past 7 years? Coach Marshall I am sure was just as tough on them as any player that has transferred this spring.

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post

When you try to please everyone... You end up pleasing no one... Just like the saying... When you got two starting QBs... You really don't have a true starting QB... Should have just stuck with Burton... And bring Sherfield off the bench... Then figure out rest later in the off-season. But sometimes things work out for the best for everyone... Looks like we got two dudes coming in that can run the point... And have plenty of minutes up for grab
          I imagine you don't get Sherfield without promising him something

Comment

• There was probably some internal strife, but he lost some of them when he did the hockey equivalent of “bag skating” to force them to spew their issues with other players and coaches in a team setting. He said there were some tears flowing from some guys. Seems a lot of them probably didn’t get over that. What could have and should have been handled internally amongst the players or 1:1 with HCGM instead was forced by the coaching staff as a group therapy session. Bad medicine that backfired.

Bag skating worked for the 1980 hockey team, but they did win the Olympic gold.

Soft players don’t like bag skating.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I'm glad you said it and not me... It is what it is

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker Dude View Post
                Why would a player not trust a coach who has had 4 former players in the NBA in the past 7 years?
                That's a great question. I don't know. Maybe none of our transfer out guys thought they possessed enough talent to develope under Marshall. You know...a coach that has developed college kids into NBA'ers.

Originally posted by Shocker Dude View Post
                Coach Marshall I am sure was just as tough on them as any player that has transferred this spring.
                Yep. Guess a couple-few of our transfers came to the conclusion that they were not good enough to develop into NBA'ers and chose to transfer eleswhere for more playing time instead. Too bad for them as who knows...maybe there was one or two that could've been devloped under Marshall to get to the professional level. Oh well.....

FINAL FOURS:
                1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                Number of Times Ranked: 157
                Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                #3 - Dec. 2017
                #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                #2 ~ March 2014
                Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
                  Just playing devil’s advocate...maybe that’s the reason some transfer...they know they’re not going to be in the NBA, and choose to have more “fun” than “work”.
                  Looking through the grad transfer list recently I think that is what a lot of those guys are doing. Looking for a place where they can play. I would say the majority of them should transfer to a lower level school if their goal is to get decent minutes. Obviously, the cream of the crop of looking for a place that can strut their stuff and hopefully get to an NCAA Tournament. But this is no where close to a majority of those transferring.

Comment

• Realistic expectations for transfers:

https://twitter.com/TravisBranham_/s...54589940948992

The top 75 immediately eligible transfers from last year's transfer cycle who played D1 this season left the 2018-19 season averaging 11.5pts, 4.2rebs & 2.1asts.

Those 75 players finished the 2019-20 season averaging 7.7pts, 3.1rebs & 1.5asts.

16 players increased production.
                    Right now, I can see Midtgaard and Fernandes increasing production. Jury is out on the others.
                    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
                      Realistic expectations for transfers:

https://twitter.com/TravisBranham_/s...54589940948992

Right now, I can see Midtgaard and Fernandes increasing production. Jury is out on the others.
                      Several of our guys played a lot of minutes already, so playing time doesn’t seem to be the issue with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

Several of our guys played a lot of minutes already, so playing time doesn’t seem to be the issue with them.
                        I hope that's the case for them because most of them are going to see a reduction in minutes.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

I'm not sure I'm buying that everyone quit the program. My money is on that most were shown the door and coach stood back to see if they would walk thru it. Let's face it, 3G saw the same things as fans for the past 2 years..... worst in the country in scoring and "me" attitudes spreading like cancer. That, along with seeing that our current roster just didnt have what it takes to really compete for a championship. Coach is probably the most competitive person any of us have ever met. With that in mind, don't think it's a reach he would do whatever it takes to win, even if he loses half the team? I don't recall, in either of the interviews 3G has had recently, him saying he was going to start being a more caring and gentler coach based on all the departures this year. Only that he had to basically learn from the experience. Personally I think he will be changing the type of person he recruits and not his coaching style.

ok, ok... I'll stop rambling.
                          I agree with this; kinda like Hoosiers. HCGM likely made a general announcement that this was HIS team and if you don't like the way it's done, you are free to leave. Some may have surprised him, but he's probably not losing sleep over it.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

I believe he even said as much; something along the lines of not promising something you can't deliver.

Comment

• JB to Lubbock. Enjoy.

Comment

• lol at people saying JB would end up at a school a tier below WSU.
                                The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Working...
                                X