No announcement yet.

2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burton transferring is a soul crusher for me. I can make excuses around the other transfers or get right with them leaving.... But Jamarius seemed like such a good quality hard nosed kid. Mentally tough. When a kid like that leaves after a great sophomore season, there is no denying that the program is in full meltdown mode. He is the kind of player we HOPE to find.

​​

Comment

• I love Marshall, but maybe his style is a dying breed in sports; like it or not.

You look at coaches like Few, Wright, Bennet, etc. and they don't get as hot on the sideline.

I know there are some coaches that still run hot, but maybe there won't be for much longer.
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Regul8te View Post
        Burton transferring is a soul crusher for me. I can make excuses around the other transfers or get right with them leaving.... But Jamarius seemed like such a good quality hard nosed kid. Mentally tough. When a kid like that leaves after a great sophomore season, there is no denying that the program is in full meltdown mode. He is the kind of player we HOPE to find.

​​
        I hate to see jamarius leave. I thought gordon and Noah had potential but I understand their situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
          When multiple players transfer like this, it points more to those who are left, than to those who are leaving. If one of those leaving was the poison, wouldn’t it lead you to believe others would then stay? I’m guessing the poison is still here, and it’s not necessarily a player.
          My wife called it during the rough stretch. I would agree it's about those who are staying, not leaving.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
            My son called the ES thing two weeks ago and now I owe him $1. lol

He is into the social media garbage and so forth. He told me ES had posted something cryptic yet foretelling on Twitter.
            surely you did not take that bet

Comment

• So it sounds like these players already entered the transfer portal before Marshall had a chance to talk with them, not that it would have made a difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post
                now bring in some more talented freshman.....never ending rebuild

. You know this transfer thing works both directions, right?

Comment

• Taylor's article about today's five transfers:

https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...241181666.html

"According to those within the program, they were shocked to learn of the number of transfers on Friday."

"For the second time in three years, WSU will look to rebuild following offseason transfers."

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                    I love Marshall, but maybe his style is a dying breed in sports; like it or not.

You look at coaches like Few, Wright, Bennet, etc. and they don't get as hot on the sideline.

I know there are some coaches that still run hot, but maybe there won't be for much longer.
                    Bill Self still seems to get away with it... he can cuss out a player with the best. Of course 'highly compensated' 5-Star players will put up with a lot.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• As if I was not already depressed enough over the cancellation of sports, gold prices and the market. Rough week !
                      Losing JB and ES would be a MAJOR setback. Hoping it's fake news.

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                        As if I was not already depressed enough over the cancellation of sports, gold prices and the market. Rough week !
                        Losing JB and ES would be a MAJOR setback. Hoping it's fake news.
                        see the article I posted above

Comment

• There are a lot of talented coaches that don't continually dress down kids in front of 10K. The recruiting pool of kids wanting that is likely very small.
                          Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• This is all working the wrong way for us. The players we hoped would transfer are staying and the players we hoped would stay are transferring.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                              Well, we may not win as many games next year, but I'm not gonna lose any sleep.

Burton is the only one that I would be ok to have back.

But none of them are guys we can't replace.
                              It's funny you guys are thinking these mass transfers are fine and we can just "reload". After awhile, recruits notice this stuff and wonder what kind of hell Marshall puts players through that half the team leaves every other year. Especially guys that start nearly every game.

You're kidding yourselves if you think this isn't an issue with Gregg and how he acts and treats players. There's a limit to "toughness", and after awhile it just becomes excessive verbal abuse.

Comment

• Bob Huggins still seems to recruit well.

Comment

Working...
                                X