2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Is there anything at WSU that can happen that you would ever cast a frown upon? I guess we should all be pretty happy about the current state of affairs.
    I’m still wearing a frown from when they closed that random on campus Blimpie.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

Man... Those where the days...
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
        So.......these kids have left on their own, and we haven't yet had anybody "pushed out."
        Sounds like Erik may not have been pushed out, but he was put in a hallway where all the doors were locked except the exit door.
        The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Is the Grinderman sandwich shop still open near Kirby's on 17th? I haven't been in that area in a long time... best sandwiches on the planet. If it's closed, that would be disappointing also.
          How 'bout the Fieldhouse on 17th? Ross and I drank a lot of beer there and tried to pick up dames.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Is the Grinderman sandwich shop still open near Kirby's on 17th? I haven't been in that area in a long time... best sandwiches on the planet. If it's closed, that would be disappointing also.
            How 'bout the Fieldhouse on 17th? Ross and I drank a lot of beer there and tried to pick up dames.
            Fieldhouse is still slinging beers as is Kirbys. Grinderman on the other hand no longer exists as far as I know. Was it next door to Kirbys? That’s a laundromat now.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

The only Grinder Man left is the one on Pawnee a couple blocks east of Broadway. Still great sandwiches!
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Fieldhouse is still slinging beers as is Kirbys. Grinderman on the other hand no longer exists as far as I know. Was it next door to Kirbys? That’s a laundromat now.
                I believe it was in the same block right around the corner; the front door faced east... that was a long time ago.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

Is there anything at WSU that can happen that you would ever cast a frown upon? I guess we should all be pretty happy about the current state of affairs.
                  I really just wanted to make a Jurassic Park reference. You had to go and be all serious.

I’m not happy Jamarius left. I believe you were on record as not a Burton fan so surely you must not be too upset.

I am happy Erik is gone.

I am indifferent about Fernandes and Gordon.

I am happy for Busse. Seems like a waste of his talent and youth to sit at the end of the bench for five years.

I wish nothing but the best for all of them.

I’ve made my case that the program is headed in the right direction after it was hit by a confluence of unlikely events. I’m tired of saying it so I’m sure people are tired of reading it.

We need experienced, talented players who are bought into what the coaches want to do. We’ll see if anyone else leaves but if they don’t, there are guys who fit that description.

We need to continue to recruit better players. With only one senior set to leave this year we didn’t have an opportunity to do that. Now we have four scholarships available. Doesn’t hurt that the large sophomore class is reduced.

Players transfer. It happens everywhere. No reason to freak out. The player gets a chance to find a place they can be happy, get more playing time, more shots, whatever it is they’re looking for and the team gets a chance to find players who want to be at the school.

Comment

• I don’t get Burton. He was our best PG and was starting g to show he can finish in traffic. Maybe he felt GS was the hand picked successor, but he was ahead of GS developmentally. Not to mention he was versatile and could swing over to other positions when needed. If he was concerned about PG competition, maybe it’s best to go, but I’d like to k ow what’s really happening here. Wish Taylor would do some digging, although that may be the death knell for future reporting with 3G.

Comment

• Taylor was asked on Twitter if the bleeding (players for this years team transferring) has stopped. His answer was not encouraging. Said it’s early and too tough to know for sure.

Comment

• I question whether 3G would be very open to releasing players to play for AAC teams. But we'll see.

Comment

• I thought I read the AAC has a transfer policy that you would have to sit one year, if transfering within the conference.

Comment

• Mike Kennedy
                            @ShockerVoice
                            ·
                            Mar 14
                            Here are the facts, which will be ignored by a couple of the haters out there: in 12 previous seasons under Marshall, 17 scholarship players have transferred. Only one (Reaves) has gone to be a starter at a comparable-level program to WSU, Corey Henderson was part-time at Tulsa

Comment

• MK is a lil pissy, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                MK is a lil pissy, no?
                                I believe it is spelt “pussy.”

Comment

Working...
                                X