No announcement yet.

2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I teach bridge lessons, which has a complex bidding system. I tell the people I teach to listen very closely to what was not said. You can learn as much that way as by listening to what was said.

Saying nothing says a lot, but in a way that isn't offensive or critical.

Marshall made it pretty clear this year that Sherfield is the PG of the future. That was JB's position. Film sessions probably demonstrated that Burton was a better PG this year. Sherfield was being groomed for the future. That put Burton behind Dennis for minutes at SF, and alternating as the backup PG.

That is justification for leaving a program. Burton is one of not many to leave the program after playing significant minutes that I will absolutely support.

Sherfield better make HUGE improvements next year or Marshall made a HUGE mistake. I still think Sherfield has the potential to be an all-conference player, but his PG skillset is severely under developed.

Stevenson's exit interview with Eldridge was a perfect example of an old axiom: It's better to say nothing and have everybody think you're a fool, than to say something and leave no doubt.

I've violated that one more than a few times on SN.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      I teach bridge lessons, which has a complex bidding system. I tell the people I teach to listen very closely to what was not said. You can learn as much that way as by listening to what was said.
      THREAD DERAILING ALERT:

Duplicate or Rubber Bridge? I’ve watched both played before, but never played myself. Would be interested in learning sometime.
      The Assman

Comment

• I keep looking and looking hoping to see something that say JB changed his mind. But I keep waking up to this nightmare.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
          Definitely concerned about Dennis based on social media. Hope I’m wrong.
          Both him and Morris recent “blackout” their Twitter profile photos and shared photos of Noah and Erik on their Insta stories.

It could easily just be playing tribute and respect to their friends, but it is a wee bit disconcerting in these fluctuating times.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

THREAD DERAILING ALERT:

Duplicate or Rubber Bridge? I’ve watched both played before, but never played myself. Would be interested in learning sometime.
            Duplicate. It's the only real game, unless you want to invite some people over for wine and snacks and have some type of diversion in order to avoid requiring conversation.

I've documented the entire Standard American bidding system on my web page: https://www.merlinonbridge.com/

Last edited by Aargh; March 14, 2020, 11:20 PM.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Duplicate. It's the only real game, unless you want to invite some people over for wine and snacks and have some type of diversion in order to avoid requiring conversation.

I've documented the entire Standard American bidding system on my web page: https://www.merlinonbridge.com/
              I know duplicate is the real deal, but rubber, like you said, seems like a more social party game; a la Pitch.

Both have their place.
              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Don't want Patton. I want Bradley or Eisenhower.
                But neither one of them led the tanks to relieve/support the counter offensive at Bastogne

Comment

• I don't care to go back and see whether the "was Shaq Twitter commenting negatively or positively on Marshall" question has been answered or not, but Erik and Frankamp both liked his comment (as of this morning when I first saw it) so I'm pretty sure the answer is negative.

Comment

• Originally posted by Good News View Post
                    I don't care to go back and see whether the "was Shaq Twitter commenting negatively or positively on Marshall" question has been answered or not, but Erik and Frankamp both liked his comment (as of this morning when I first saw it) so I'm pretty sure the answer is negative.
                    What would Shaq, Conner, and Darral have against HCGM?

If they try have a issue, man up and say it. Don’t hide behind ambiguous tweeting and liking.

Right or Wrong, at least Erik has the b@lls to speak his mind and not resort to sub-tweeting anyone.
                    The Assman

Comment

• fwiw i saw jaíme and morris having a good time in old town tonight. business as usual

Comment

I teach bridge lessons, which has a complex bidding system. I tell the people I teach to listen very closely to what was not said. You can learn as much that way as by listening to what was said.

Saying nothing says a lot, but in a way that isn't offensive or critical.

Marshall made it pretty clear this year that Sherfield is the PG of the future. That was JB's position. Film sessions probably demonstrated that Burton was a better PG this year. Sherfield was being groomed for the future. That put Burton behind Dennis for minutes at SF, and alternating as the backup PG.

That is justification for leaving a program. Burton is one of not many to leave the program after playing significant minutes that I will absolutely support.

Sherfield better make HUGE improvements next year or Marshall made a HUGE mistake. I still think Sherfield has the potential to be an all-conference player, but his PG skillset is severely under developed.

Stevenson's exit interview with Eldridge was a perfect example of an old axiom: It's better to say nothing and have everybody think you're a fool, than to say something and leave no doubt.

I've violated that one more than a few times on SN.
                        Excellent point... Sherfield is coming and Burton saw the writing on the wall...I kinda compare it to Daishon Smith leaving, when he had Landry and Reaves in front him... people want a sense of job security and or a sense of value in terms of where they stand. Good luck young man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

Both him and Morris recent “blackout” their Twitter profile photos and shared photos of Noah and Erik on their Insta stories.

It could easily just be playing tribute and respect to their friends, but it is a wee bit disconcerting in these fluctuating times.
                          Would rather the tribute is to the program.

Makes me wonder....

Is the coaching staff badly missing out on recruiting the types of players that fit into their program? Or are they mishandling them once they get here? Over promising playing time until reality sets in?

HCGM has said numerous times how much he loved coaching these guys. Did all that stop after the Houston debacle? Is he at practices regularly or leaving it up to assistants?

HCGM has been here awhile, the assistants come and go. Little continuity. Seems like KM used to have good relationships with the players. Is that still the case? Seems like that would help GM get honest feedback on the players’ state of mind.

If DD leaves, it will seem like the team is making a Jody Adams type of team statement, but seemingly without the AD involvement. Or is it without? The AD was at the post Houston practice at HCGM’s request.

Is the virus now gone, or does it run deeper?

Comment

• So.......these kids have left on their own, and we haven't yet had anybody "pushed out."

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              So.......these kids have left on their own, and we haven't yet had anybody "pushed out."
                              have a feeling those who were going to be "pushed out" are now going to be coddled (well maybe not coddled) and sold some on the plans for next year now. strange times.

As soon as the transfer portal opened those five guys sprinted to the opportunity. Not sure end of year interviews had even taken place yet.
                              Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; March 15, 2020, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• Well, 1 or 2 of the kids who were likely to be nudged to look elsewhere have already left on their own.

With 2 other surprise exists, a couple of players who might have been nudged out might not be now.

If I ruled the land, I could think of at least 1 other player for whom it would befit both sides to look for a new home next year.
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X