2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
    I was never worried Marshall would jump ship to a P5 all those years when teams were calling in part because we were able to pay well and had good facilities, but also because I never saw his chip on the shoulder style working with the high 4 and 5 star athletes.

It's easier to get the Evan Wessel and Ron Bakers of the world to give 110% and sacrifice for the greater good. I'm starting to fear that with our move up in league, stature and recruiting, his style may not work here. What's the stat, Cle is the only Marshall player to average 20 a game?
    A different way to look at it is that the AAC is a lot more stressful than the Valley ever was. Along with that stress probably comes a lot more ass chewings.

It's no secret that there was something up with the team 2 years ago. That team graduated a ton, sure, but others didn't seem too keen on staying, other than McDuffie.

Then, this year with a whole different crop of players, similar situation.
    The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
      Never thought I'd see this problem with our beloved Shockers, but here we are. We officially have a major problem.

And it's heartbreaking seeing how good we were in the early part of the season. We had so much potential, but there was a poison in the locker room and we currently don't know what that poison is exactly...
      We only have a major problem if we are unable to recruit the same or better talent than what is leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post

I disagree. The team that showed up against Tulsa on our final game could have won the AAC.
        But they never displayed that in any consistent manner the last 2 months. Sorry not buying into one game like that. The drama and disdain was apparent.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox The Revenant View Post
          WSU has an image problem right now. Fair or not, we've had too many players leaving the program of late and other folks are noticing. It will be used against us in recruiting in the future that HCGM will have to overcome. We'll see how he's earning the big bucks now to overcome this.
          The only notable player was Reaves...there were others but not as high on the national radar. Or am I wrong here?

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

We only have a major problem if we are unable to recruit the same or better talent than what is leaving.
            Can't even recruit right now...

Comment

When multiple players transfer like this, it points more to those who are left, than to those who are leaving. If one of those leaving was the poison, wouldn’t it lead you to believe others would then stay? I’m guessing the poison is still here, and it’s not necessarily a player.

Comment

My son called the ES thing two weeks ago and now I owe him $1. lol

He is into the social media garbage and so forth. He told me ES had posted something cryptic yet foretelling on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
                  When multiple players transfer like this, it points more to those who are left, than to those who are leaving. If one of those leaving was the poison, wouldn’t it lead you to believe others would then stay? I’m guessing the poison is still here, and it’s not necessarily a player.

an assistant coach or HCGM?

Shocker Alumni
                  Shocker Club Soccer alumni
                  Jayhawk fan but the Shockers come first

Comment

Originally posted by WichitaHawk View Post

Wait, he quit? Please elaborate..
                    That was a rumor going around on here not that long ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaHawk View Post

an assistant coach or HCGM?
                      Assistant. Seems hard to believe 3G would be coaching this long if he was that disconnected from players.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaHawk View Post

Wait, he quit? Please elaborate..
                        No need. It has been well covered in other threads.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          As we get farther into the millennial generation, kids are just not gonna put up with being screamed at, IMO.
                          Nitpicking, but millenials are in their 30s. These kids are gen z
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

How afraid are you, Pin. On a scale of caronavirus to these damn millenials are just so soft?
                            you crazy guy! I'd like to hang out with you!

Comment

• now bring in some more talented freshman.....never ending rebuild

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

JB was our best returning player in my opinion. Not many players are going to come in as freshmen and be better than JB as a junior.
                                I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Working...
                                X