2020-21 Annual "Transfer" Guess-a-thon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nm
    Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; April 5, 2020, 12:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arizona Shocker View Post
      Wade goes to bat for our coach and our program on social media, and people are bashing him on his height and saying he isn’t as good as Ramon Clemente? What the heck is wrong with you people? The guy is solid, a glue guy, and a potential senior leader for all these incoming freshmen. Support our guys when they pledge their allegiance, don’t knock them down!
      Clearly didn't read my whole post. I gave him credit for controlling what he can control.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Well I hope Dex gets drafted and if not, he comes back. But, if he doesn’t, it’s always great seeing our great coach make them into the best that they can be!

Comment

• Look for Wade to follow past Shocker Juco players and surpass his Junior year with an improved Senior Season. As homegrownshocker alluded to, we will have point guards that can quarterback our offense and distribute the rock to teammates in strategic good spots on the floor. After last Season's team meeting, it seemed like Wade got the short end of the playing time stick at first. He was not part of the problem IMO. Wade made the best of this setback and led us to a future win with 21 points. He too could have threw up his hands and go search for greener pastures. Instead, he had staying power and overcame the obstacles he faced and made it glitter. Thank goodness Mr. Wade is returning and the Shocks will benefit from it.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I liked Trey Wade’s game from the first time I saw him play and think he will be an important part of the team next year. He hit a bit of a lull during the season but don’t most players?

Ramon Clamente is one of my favorite all time shockers. He would have a positive impact on almost any team he joined.

BOBB somehow you managed to trash a current and former beloved player at the same time. Well done.

Comment

• Wonder how many transfers were banking on this going through this year

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Wonder how many transfers were banking on this going through this year
                All of them. Oops.

Comment

I can think of about 7 guys who were probably counting on that applying this year.

They should just go ahead and officially make that clarification now. IF the one-time transfer rule is passed it will not be effective until the end of the 21-22 season.

Will let you know in June if it passes at all.

Comment

I suspect this rumor may cause a lot of angry e-mails and letter being directed the NCAA's direction. Whether that will cause them to back off and let apply retroactively remains to be seen.

It may boil down to what the big football schools have to say about it.

Comment

• That’s the risk they took. Nothing was ever official.

They took the gamble and lost. Tootles.

The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                        I liked Trey Wade’s game from the first time I saw him play and think he will be an important part of the team next year. He hit a bit of a lull during the season but don’t most players?

Ramon Clamente is one of my favorite all time shockers. He would have a positive impact on almost any team he joined.

BOBB somehow you managed to trash a current and former beloved player at the same time. Well done.
                        Hardly. You are one thin-skinned little baby, Mr. Kennedy.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post

Better than Ambien.
                          Sorry you're having a hard time keeping up. While I'd like to offer to use smaller words and concepts in the future, instead I'll offer you some comforting advice from a friend of mine that's a judge:

"The world needs ditchdiggers too"

Anyway - on topic, I have faith that HCGM knows what he's doing, but he was clearly using roster turnover every year - like whatever small percentage of high major programs - to improve his program. A lot of large companies do the same thing to continually upgrade talent.

But in this case, the NCAA recognized the disadvantage to the student-athlete and decided to level the playing field by removing the penalty for transferring. With the money on both sides (NCAA tournament for the program, growing worldwide popularity and professional opportunity for the athletes), these dynamics won't diminish.

I would love to hear someone with better information or insight correct those statements, but that's what it looks like to me and sounds like according to friends with kids familiar with the AAU/college basketball dynamic.

I think Marshall has well over 3 million reasons to either change, not change, or recalibrate his strategy to take advantage of the new dynamics. With the recent signings, he looks like he knows what he's doing.

Comment

• I think congratulations are in order to Coach Marshall and his staff.
                            Sounds like we got some "Play Angry" tough cookies.
                            I hope Coach invites the original tough cookie, the X-Man, to come and kick off the season with our guys.

I'm pretty stoked about next year already.
                            I think the Battle for Atlantis is going to be tough for us with a bunch of new players.
                            But since it is early in the season, the more experienced teams (from playing together before) might not have as significant advantage.

Even if we start off slow, Marshall will have us cooking by the end of the year, 20 plus wins, and in the running for the Big Dance.
                            Isn't that what we want?

Go Shocks.

Comment

• He had an imbalanced class from 2018, no 4 year leadership, regular assistant coach turnover led to a breakdown in WSU basketball culture. Bag skating his team to get them to turn on each other and the assistant coaches to identify problems did not exactly build camaraderie but rather resentment. He’ probably could have stopped the bleeding during the post season sit-downs and player development talks, but due to Covid-19, he didn’t get the chance. ES seemed like a cancer on the team and it unraveled.
                              He’ll learn from it. I’m excited to see how this team gels.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Hardly. You are one thin-skinned little baby, Mr. Kennedy.
                                Your words:

“The point I was making that escaped you is that Clemente was the level of player we could get in 2008 after a coaching change to play in the Valley.”

We were 11-18 and 17-17 in the two years Ramon played. Not sure how your statement could be taken any other way than implying we were a bad Valley team in 2008 and our level of recruits reflected that, case in point Ramon Clemente. Who you then said was better than Trey Wade.

If disagreeing with your opinion makes me a thin-skinned little baby then so be it.

Comment

Working...
                                X