WSU at SMU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

I was re watching it anyway. Sorry the facts didn't align with the narrative you wanted to portray.
    What narrative was I trying to portray?

Comment

This was not quite the way I remembered it so when I re watched the comeback I took notes. These are the facts.

Down 26. We make the first 3 at 12:36 -- Pooh Bear the only player on the bench to stand.

DD 3 at 11:35 -- Entire bench stand except ES who stays seated.

DD 3 at 10:40 -- ES is ;the last player on the bench to stand

JE 2 at 10:00 -- ES stands with the rest of the bench

GS 3 at 8:50 -- Up with team

DD 3 at 8:00 -- Up with team

JE Dunk at 7:16 -- last to stand up

From 6:20 on ES was all in

The reality is he was late to the party as a supporting team mate but he eventually jumped on board
      YoU ArE rIgHt!!! WsU sHoUlD cUt HiM!!!!

If you going to give him $hit for remaining seating (but still clapping and engaged mind you) when WSU was still down 15, then you are just looking for reasons to take him down now.

EVERYONE (at home and on the WSU bench) could have NEVER seriously thought they were TRULY back in it and jumping up and down until they got within single digits, because WINNING didn't seem like a realistic possibility until then.

Guess what, once it seemed like the Shockers could actually WIN THE GAME he was the biggest cheerleader.

-----

I'm not saying ES doesn't have some warts or things to grow on, but saying because he wasn't doing one-handed pushups on the sideline after they made a couple baskets, still down 15+ points, means he didn't care is ASSinine
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

If you going to give him $hit for remaining seating (but still clapping and engaged mind you) when WSU was still down 15, then you are just looking for reasons to take him down now.

EVERYONE (at home and on the WSU bench) could have NEVER seriously thought they were TRULY back in it and jumping up and down until they got within single digits, because WINNING didn't seem like a realistic possibility until then.

Guess what, once it seemed like the Shockers could actually WIN THE GAME he was the biggest cheerleader.

-----

I'm not saying ES doesn't have some warts or things to grow on, but saying because he wasn't downing one-handed pushups on the sideline after they made a couple baskets, still down 15+ points, means he didn't care is ASSinine
        he also uses too many sheets of toilet paper when he takes a crap. Can you confirm this Topshock? Check the tape
        Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; March 2, 2020, 10:35 AM.

Comment

• you failed to answer why you are so focused on ES ? it doesn't take much of an assumption to figure out you don't like him
          or another player or two. why such hate?

Comment

• What are the chances we see Dex in anything but pink shoes the rest of the way?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
              What are the chances we see Dex in anything but pink shoes the rest of the way?
              If I was coach I would confiscate all his others.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I was re watching it anyway. Sorry the facts didn't align with the narrative you wanted to portray.
                You're right. This kid doesn't care. F' HIM!!!!

The Assman

Comment

• -Unbelievable come back. I certainly didn’t expect that we would win the game when we were down 24 with 13 min to go. I kept watching and somehow we did it.
                  -This game will be remembered for overcoming the 24 point deficit but upon rewatch it struck me how quick the game “normalized”. We couldn’t make a shot to save our lives for a long stretch, then we caught fire to go on a 17-0 run to get back in the game. It was a 7 point deficit with 7 minutes to go. Nothing crazy about winning a game with that score and time remaining.
                  -We won the game more than SMU lost it. They made big plays and shots down the stretch to regain the lead but we had an answer every time.
                  -SMU made a ton of difficult shots. Seems like a lot of teams do that against us.
                  -I love that we showed the toughness and grit to pull out these last two games. Now we need to find a way to play more consistently throughout the game on offense. I don’t expect everyone to be great every minute they’re on the court, just figure out how to play closer to good more consistently.

-Road games, especially conference road games, are tough. We are 5-4 on the road in conference, Houston is 4-4.

Comment

• No eye contact. Faux passion.
                    One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                      No eye contact. Faux passion.
                      Man, I hope this is sarcasm.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

-----

I'm not saying ES doesn't have some warts or things to grow on, but saying because he wasn't doing one-handed pushups on the sideline after they made a couple baskets, still down 15+ points, means he didn't care is ASSinine
                        Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                        you failed to answer why you are so focused on ES ? it doesn't take much of an assumption to figure out you don't like him
                        or another player or two. why such hate?
                        Ummm, I never said cut him, I didn't bring ES up in this thread. All I did was give the facts.

asiseeit, my analysis and opinions on players is NEVER personal. You assume I don't like him? LOL That's funny.
                        It does appear GM has a problem with his attitude. What do you have do say about that??

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post

Man, I hope this is sarcasm.
                          Wish I knew where the sarcasm font was. I don't do emojis
                          One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

• And once again here are the facts:

This was not quite the way I remembered it so when I re watched the comeback I took notes. These are the facts.

Down 24. We make the first 3 at 12:36 -- Pooh Bear the only player on the bench to stand.

The reality is he was late to the party as a supporting team mate but he eventually jumped on board

Comment

Down 24. We make the first 3 at 12:36 -- Pooh Bear the only player on the bench to stand.

After the game - Notice ES is not celebrating with his teammates. lol

lockercel.jpg

Last edited by MelvinLoudermilk; March 2, 2020, 11:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by MelvinLoudermilk View Post

After the game - Notice ES is not celebrating with his teammates. lol
                                Originally posted by Topshock View Post
                                And once again here are the facts:

Thank you for substantiating the facts at I reported them. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X