WSU at SMU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by proshox View Post
    Took the annual trip to watch WSU in person with my son. During our timeout when WSU was down 24 my son wanted to go home. I had no hope, but I made sure he understood that we weren’t leaving.

The entire game makes no sense to me, but it sure was fun to be there. All hell broke loose during the UCONN debacle. Maybe this will be the turnaround point.
    Thanks for your presence at the game.
    I, too, hope this may be the turnaround point, at least for the following reasons:
    1. Confidence, that they are talent enough to win games, even when they have to come from behind
    2. GM now learns that a time-out may work magic, even it seems a desperate one
    3. Using Zone will help
    4. Players look for hot teammates
    Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• From Taylor Eldrigdge's game article in the Eagle:

The game looked over when Gregg Marshall called a timeout to stop WSU from being bludgeoned, down by 24 points. By ESPN’s win probability math, WSU was given a 0.02% chance of winning the game.
      Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

... and then JB misses the breakaway bunny; thankfully DD cleaned it up.

A HUGE takeaway there. That was dangerously close to being total disaster. Thank you DD.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

By my logic if it’s ok to call out the players and coaches for their performance in the heat of the moment when so much is on line and decisions must be made in a split second then it’s ok to call out posters who say over the top negative/dumb crap on a message board from the comfort of their couch with no pressure or expectations for them to do anything at all.
          Originally posted by asiseeit
          4/5 seeds put us in with Houston - not good. great comeback. btw, the chef is about all out of crow now.
          just laughed my way thru the entire thread. good fans, I guess, but the in game negativity is getting pretty
          old. I think the same way much of the time during bad games but refrain from posting. I'll just say this.
          We have numerous players capable of big games. TW saved us against Temple. DD & GS today. JE been
          doing it fairly consistently. JB usually tough down the stretch. ES has had some very good games, as well.
          It's nice to know we have multiple guys who can lead us on any given day but all of them will have their off days too.
          Also, I think we should keep GM another few years.
          Originally posted by ShockerExpress View Post
          I almost turned it off. Glad I didn’t.

Can’t even imagine what this thread was like at the beginning.

Many shocker fans on here are entitled little shits.

As I said after the Cincinnati game - get a grip.

Oh also, no one else in the conference has won in Moody.

Suck my D.
          These postgame lectures are getting pretty tiresome. It's an effing message board and it's an effing game thread. How the **** do you expect people to react after the team was playing like dog poo and fell into a 24 point hole into the second half with their NCAA hopes on the line? And then needed a miraculous .02% chance of happening comeback led by a career effort by one of our players? Did you expect positivity and rainbows and "that's alright guys, good effort", "we got this", "24 points isn't thaaat bad" posts during that stretch? Do you expect nobody to post at all during the games?

Give me a freaking break. I'm happy as hell to be one of the crow-eaters like I'm sure 99% of the others are. I'm happy as a kid on christmas that they came back. I nearly made my 8-month old cry with my wife giving me the stink eye cuz I yelled so loud after some of DD's 3's and the final few seconds. Please spare us all with the post-game post commentary.
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

These postgame lectures are getting pretty tiresome. It's an effing message board and it's an effing game thread. How the **** do you expect people to react after the team was playing like dog poo and fell into a 24 point hole into the second half with their NCAA hopes on the line? And then needed a miraculous .02% chance of happening comeback led by a career effort by one of our players? Did you expect positivity and rainbows and "that's alright guys, good effort", "we got this", "24 points isn't thaaat bad" posts during that stretch? Do you expect nobody to post at all during the games?

Give me a freaking break. I'm happy as hell to be one of the crow-eaters like I'm sure 99% of the others are. I'm happy as a kid on christmas that they came back. I nearly made my 8-month old cry with my wife giving me the stink eye cuz I yelled so loud after some of DD's 3's and the final few seconds. Please spare us all with the post-game post commentary.
            Post whatever you want. All I’m saying is that it’s fair game to get made fun of.

Comment

• Nice free throws by Burton the last two games.
              Last edited by pie n eye; March 2, 2020, 06:01 PM.

Comment

Post whatever you want. All I’m saying is that it’s fair game to get made fun of.
                I don't think anyone is gonna make fun of someone being negative during a game when the team is down 24 points with 15 minutes left and being left for dead.

Again, I must've missed your reinforcing positive posts during that stretch. Strange.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I would expect nothing less.

Interesting that you chose to post that comment in the middle of a game when we were losing big as though it proved you were correct but when we actually won the game the result is suddenly irrelevant.
                  The product for the 1st 2/3 demonstrated it. The result is relevant, but not solely.
                  Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Post game pressers

Comment

• For 26 minutes, the Shox were as bad as I've ever seen them in the Marshall era. That's going to get some negative posts. I did notice that the sunshine pumpers only posted after the W, when criticizing the negative posts was in play.

Here's some perspective. In the F4 run, against Gonzaga, the Shox scored 23 points on 9 possessions. That's 2.56 ppp. That was considered so incredible that ESPN was running features on it 2 years later. Today's ppp during the streak to pull out the win was only 2.22 ppp, but it was done over 18 possessions.

With all the "we would be tied for the lead in the league except for all those games we lost by only one possession", I was expecting another. Those one possession losses are why the Shox are fighting to stay in the hunt for the NCAA tourney. Consistency in losing one possession games is not a good thing. Maybe this one broke the run.

I like Burton's comment that he saw the guy setting up for the charge on the late block/charge call where he got the and-1. He saw how Cumberland gets that call (jumps to the side of the guy setting for the charge), and he got the basket and the call. If Burton can learn how to get Cumberland's whistle, the Shox would be a greatly improved team.

A game like this could be the spark that puts the energy back into a team that has seemed to be playing without much for a while.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                        From Taylor Eldrigdge's game article in the Eagle:

Read more here: https://www.kansas.com/sports/colleg...#storylink=cpy
                        0.2%

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

I don't think anyone is gonna make fun of someone being negative during a game when the team is down 24 points with 15 minutes left and being left for dead.

Again, I must've missed your reinforcing positive posts during that stretch. Strange.
                          Reading through the thread after the game I was laughing my ass off at all the crap being said.

You didn’t miss them because I didn’t make any. I don’t post during a game. If I did I hope I wouldn’t act like many other posters.

Comment

• Will this be this team’s “2012-2013 ISUr” game?!?!
                            The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

He spent it all on the bench. Standing for most of it. When Grant hit the one of the 3’s to start the run he was the only guy standing and cheering.

He was also the first guy off the bench at a timeout.
                              This was not quite the way I remembered it so when I re watched the comeback I took notes. These are the facts.

Down 26. We make the first 3 at 12:36 -- Pooh Bear the only player on the bench to stand.

DD 3 at 11:35 -- Entire bench stand except ES who stays seated.

DD 3 at 10:40 -- ES is ;the last player on the bench to stand

JE 2 at 10:00 -- ES stands with the rest of the bench

GS 3 at 8:50 -- Up with team

DD 3 at 8:00 -- Up with team

JE Dunk at 7:16 -- last to stand up

From 6:20 on ES was all in

The reality is he was late to the party as a supporting team mate but he eventually jumped on board

Comment

Reading through the thread after the game I was laughing my ass off at all the crap being said.

You didn’t miss them because I didn’t make any. I don’t post during a game. If I did I hope I wouldn’t act like many other posters.
                                That's why we have game threads. People don't wait to post after the games are played. That's why they exist.

I'm sure you had $1000 in hand ready to go to Vegas and place the money on WSU when they were down 24 with 15 minutes left.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X