Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jdmee View Post

and point made.
    Butler is at Mizzou now. You can move on to that board now if you’re still worried about getting your feelings hurt over him.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
      Asiseeit, the ones that are talking about the Coach retiring or peaking in 2015 do not have the programs best interest in mind. By the way, a lot of great coaches have multiple peaks.
      This is IMO a totally incorrect conclusion. In my case, Shocker program "best interest" has been paramount since 1958 (I was ten years old)!

Comment

• Originally posted by Remember'70 View Post

If you have an opinion on an athlete, that's fine. Don't spout "facts" and then get them completely wrong.

First 3 was at 13:12 by Etienne. Poor Bear was in the game, so your first "fact" had 3 errors in it. (I'm counting a 3rd because when you posted these facts the first time, you said we were down
        26.)

3 at 12:38 was Grant--Poor Bear is still in the game so he couldn't be the only player to stand. 3 players stood.
        --JE and two walk ons at the end of the bench stood

DD 3 at 11:42--4 players remained seated on the bench.
        --3 players including ES did not stand

DD 3 at 10:43 -- 2 players remained seated and ES stood up with everyone else
        --just as I stated he was the last player to stand

Jaime 2 at 10:02--you fail to mention that ES was one of first off the bench with a "3" raised when Dexter launched
        --he stood with the team just as I said

So there's something wrong with each one of the first 4 "facts" that you presented.

It's really easy to check these, what with video and all.

Like I said, if you have an axe to grind or an opinion, that's fine. Just don't let that cloud your judgement when you say they are "facts."
        Obviously I didn't put the time into it you did to get the seconds just right.

The fact is, your petty corrections change nothing about the conclusion which is:

The reality is he was late to the party as a supporting team mate but he eventually jumped on board

An "axe to grind"??? Funny! Just pointing out the reality of what transpired during the game

Comment

• I can't believe you guys Zapruder filmed whether or not someone stood up
          There are nights when I think that Sal Paradise was right.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
            We live to fight another day.
            Clearly this was taken by many posters to mean, "let's fight tomorrow about what happened!"
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
              At 3:57 Jacob Herrs scratches his left nut. I wonder what that means?
              My guess it meant his left nut had an itch that needed to be scratched. Total speculation on my part though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topshock View Post

Obviously I didn't put the time into it you did to get the seconds just right.

The fact is, your petty corrections change nothing about the conclusion which is:

The reality is he was late to the party as a supporting team mate but he eventually jumped on board

An "axe to grind"??? Funny! Just pointing out the reality of what transpired during the game
                Cool...my petty corrections would change the conclusion that you reached because your facts were wrong.

Continue to use words like ‘facts’ and ‘reality’ to back up your opinion.

Is this where we just agree to disagree and move on to Memphis?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

My guess it meant his left nut had an itch that needed to be scratched. Total speculation on my part though.
                  My mind went the same way and you beat me to it. It did make me laugh a little.

Comment

• Anyone want to look up what our biggest lead was that we ended up losing the game?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                      Anyone want to look up what our biggest lead was that we ended up losing the game?
                      I thought it was the @ISUr game in 15-16 where we were up 16. Or when we were also up 37-21 on Notre Dame in Maui in 17-18.

But we were up 17 at SIU in 12-13 and lost. Horrible end-of-game officiating notwithstanding.
                      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

My mind went the same way and you beat me to it. It did make me laugh a little.
                        It’s all about the body language. Did he really scratch? Or was it more of a pinch-n-roll?

Comment

• Dumb thread is dumb at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

These post game lectures are getting pretty tiresome. It's an effing message board and it's an effing game thread. How the **** do you expect people to react after the team was playing like dog poo and fell into a 24 point hole into the second half with their NCAA hopes on the line? And then needed a miraculous .02% chance of happening comeback led by a career effort by one of our players? Did you expect positivity and rainbows and "that's alright guys, good effort", "we got this", "24 points isn't thaaat bad" posts during that stretch? Do you expect nobody to post at all during the games?

Give me a freaking break. I'm happy as hell to be one of the crow-eaters like I'm sure 99% of the others are. I'm happy as a kid on christmas that they came back. I nearly made my 8-month old cry with my wife giving me the stink eye cuz I yelled so loud after some of DD's 3's and the final few seconds. Please spare us all with the post-game post commentary.

"How the **** do you expect people to react after the team was playing like dog poo and fell into a 24 point hole into the second half..." I expect them to react with reasonableness, how about that? One poster (AndShock) said that Coach Marshall has given up. Another (Mr. Pickle) said that Coach Marshall was becoming "such an overrated coach." Then Shock Top suggested that we need to fire Marshall and go after Chris Jans. Poster (Eric) said we "mortgaged the farm for this." What? So, the future of Shocker basketball hangs in the balance because "we mortgatged the farm"...? What the hell does that even mean?

Then BOBB told us that Coach Marshall's tenure peaked in 2015 which translates to WSU will never again achieve, under coach Marshall, a 30 win season with only 5 losses. Pathetic!

Comment

• Keep stirring that cow pie of yours Topshock

Comment

• Originally posted by Fairgame View Post

"How the **** do you expect people to react after the team was playing like dog poo and fell into a 24 point hole into the second half..." I expect them to react with reasonableness, how about that? One poster (AndShock) said that Coach Marshall has given up. Another (Mr. Pickle) said that Coach Marshall was becoming "such an overrated coach." Then Shock Top suggested that we need to fire Marshall and go after Chris Jans. Poster (Eric) said we "mortgaged the farm for this." What? So, the future of Shocker basketball hangs in the balance because "we mortgatged the farm"...? What the hell does that even mean?

Then BOBB told us that Coach Marshall's tenure peaked in 2015 which translates to WSU will never again achieve, under coach Marshall, a 30 win season with only 5 losses. Pathetic!
                                I think if you go back, you’ll see my comment was mostly exaggerating for effect, but carry on
                                The Assman

Comment

Working...
                                X