WSU at SMU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fairgame View Post

"How the **** do you expect people to react after the team was playing like dog poo and fell into a 24 point hole into the second half..." I expect them to react with reasonableness, how about that? One poster (AndShock) said that Coach Marshall has given up. Another (Mr. Pickle) said that Coach Marshall was becoming "such an overrated coach." Then Shock Top suggested that we need to fire Marshall and go after Chris Jans. Poster (Eric) said we "mortgaged the farm for this." What? So, the future of Shocker basketball hangs in the balance because "we mortgatged the farm"...? What the hell does that even mean?

Then BOBB told us that Coach Marshall's tenure peaked in 2015 which translates to WSU will never again achieve, under coach Marshall, a 30 win season with only 5 losses. Pathetic!
    Marshall had given up until he was down 24.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fairgame View Post

Then BOBB told us that Coach Marshall's tenure peaked in 2015 which translates to WSU will never again achieve, under coach Marshall, a 30 win season with only 5 losses. Pathetic!
      I meant more broadly than just the W/L record, but yes more or less I stand by that. I don't see a regular season conference championship in our visible future.
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• giphy.gif
        on to Memphis

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          Dumb thread is dumb at this point.

I gotta disagree just a little... of course I can find humor in about anything.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

Marshall had given up until he was down 24.
            and then it seems to have been Etienne with the positive vibe in the huddle.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I can't wait for Thursday, if for no other reason to see what new bizarre scenario plays out....:)

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post

and then it seems to have been Etienne with the positive vibe in the huddle.

gonna need a timestamp and screen shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone View Post

gonna need a timestamp and screen shot.
                  Made me laugh!

Comment

• This thread is dumb because it has BOBB in it. I’m done. Go Shockers! Go 3G!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashockalypse View Post
                      This thread is dumb because it has BOBB in it. I’m done. Go Shockers! Go 3G!
                      Feel free to exit. I've been called a lot of names, but no one has provided any arguments that this program is on a conference winning trajectory.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post

Feel free to exit. I've been called a lot of names, but no one has provided any arguments that this program is on a conference winning trajectory.
                        Hmmmmm.... a fan that's obsessed with winning conference titles... smells like a.... BEAKER?!

So- based on your argument- WVU should fire Huggy since he ain't winning B12 titles every year? Baylor should get rid of BD? JB up at Syracuse--What have you done for me in the conference lately, buddy, gtfoh!

Go home, Bobb, you're drunk.

Comment

• No. 6 Cincinnati 16 2 .889 31 5 .861
                          No. 21 Houston 14 4 .778 27 8 .771
                          No. 16 Wichita State 14 4 .778 25 8 .758

No. 11 Houston 16 2 .889 33 4 .892
                          No. 22 Cincinnati 14 4 .778 28 7 .800
                          Temple 13 5 .722 23 10 .697
                          UCF 13 5 .722 24 9 .727
                          Memphis 11 7 .611 22 14 .611
                          Wichita State 10 8 .556 22 15 .595

And of course our third season. We could finish 3rd or fourth. So if you do not think we could win a conference title better not under estimate the Shockers. I don't want any body to be SHOCKED when we do.

Comment

• A conference title was certainly within our grasp this year; Temple, Cincy 2x, Tulsa . . .

GM didn't win a MVC title until his fifth year . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC View Post
                              A conference title was certainly within our grasp this year; Temple, Cincy 2x, Tulsa . . .

GM didn't win a MVC title until his fifth year . . .
                              Yup we are 7 pts away from being in First ... 4 of those coming from last second miracle shots/calls.

Comment

• Originally posted by WichitaStateGuy View Post

Hmmmmm.... a fan that's obsessed with winning conference titles... smells like a.... BEAKER?!

So- based on your argument- WVU should fire Huggy since he ain't winning B12 titles every year? Baylor should get rid of BD? JB up at Syracuse--What have you done for me in the conference lately, buddy, gtfoh!

Go home, Bobb, you're drunk.
                                Ive never said 3G should be fired, clown. I presented a Jeremiad that our trajectory has flattened and the current crop of players and our current coaching philosophies dont augur for marked improvement relative to our conference’s high performers. Our conference ‘s best team, Houston-also young-is projected a seven seed. Cincinnati and WSU are bubble teams, our conference leader is NIT bound. I do have higher expectations than ankle biting that crowd and always being a game or two from the bubble. Don’t you? Or maybe you’re cool playing the UNI role to Kelvin Sampson’s Houston?

Baylor and KU are potential number one seeds, WVU a 7, Texas Tech an 8, Oklahoma a 10, and Texas on the bubble. If our conference had two number one seeds I could get down with third place.

As as far as HCGM not winning the MVC until year five, he had a complete rebuild. He came into the AAC with an NBA player and NCAA tested talent. Good enough for 2ndin conference and a four seed, for all the good that did us.

The man needs X and 0 help and recruiting help and someone to stand up to him. Any good coach, or any leader for that matter, needs help. If he can swallow his massive ego enough to admit that, then we can move into the next tier.

Comment

Working...
                                X